What is this stuff...

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
and how do I get rid of it?

IMG_5485.jpg

The stainer on my wand started plugging off a week ago. It needs to be cleaned every 1/2 hr, becoming a real pita. Stuff is granular and can be crushed to a fine powder. Seems to me Jim Martin had this problem a while back, don't recall how he resolved it.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Let me guess.

You mixed 02 with an encap product ?

Nope, run Slurry in my rinse then shortly after it started happening I switched to Esteams Performance CBS. Right now I have my chem jug full of water trying to sort it out. My supplier told me to try running an acid rinse for a while.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
My truck mount Manufacturer said to only run acid rinse through mine.. he says I'll never have to delime it.. maybe, i should run more than acid rinse.. It looks like rice krispies. Did you taste it to see what it was? just in case.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
That is the dreaded..."DSB"....Slurry Build-up.... :wink:

Add..1 gallon of white vinegar....to five gallon of water....

Remove the quick-connect from the end of your solution line.....

Meter entire 5 gallon of mix....with gph meter "wide-open"...

Then meter 1 gallon of water...with 1 oz. of Dawn "dish detergent"...meter @4 gph...

The "Dawn" is to re-lube...o-rings & diaphram..."The vinegar is an ACID.."

Ps..check all "screens"...after this flush...thet should be CLEAN.....!!!!!

Greenie

Dry and Slurry..not two things you want to think of running through your truckmount...lol

Kinda makes ya wonder what Prochem was thinking wiht that naming convention?

Pick up a gal or two of Judson O2 rinse, you will like it, and you will never "have" to descale, Rick Thode of Organic Source has it north of the border.

btw: it works real well at 16oz. to 5 gal meter at 3gph.

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
Hi Jim:

Did you notice it happening more when you are using the heater unit?

Rick Thode

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Jim Morrison said:
and how do I get rid of it?

IMG_5485.jpg

The stainer on my wand started plugging off a week ago. It needs to be cleaned every 1/2 hr, becoming a real pita. Stuff is granular and can be crushed to a fine powder. Seems to me Jim Martin had this problem a while back, don't recall how he resolved it.

I put a descaler in my fresh tank and flushed out the system..then refiled the tank and flushed with clean water......the stuff that I had a problem with was much smaller....

0625080841.jpg

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Hi Jim:

Did you notice it happening more when you are using the heater unit?

Rick Thode

No, have not run the post heat for a while.

I will give Joe's suggestion a try, thanks for the help.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
OK this stuff is starting to annoy me!

debris.jpg

When I was using the LG 3HT recently for post heat it was not a problem (must have dissolved it with the heat).
Now when I clean without the post heat this is how the strainer looks every 30 minutes. My water softener and chemical injection jug have been taken out of service to try to isolate the problem.

A couple of months ago when the female qd's at the van were changed I noticed some white buildup inside the high pressure supply line. I assumed this was some sort of calcium build up.

The Cat pump also seems to be acting up. The water pressure guage on the panel fluctuates between 400-500 psi for no apparent reason. Makes me wonder if the system is puking all that buildup out?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
descale your TM

also, flush the sol line at start up for a minute or so .
If you work alone, plug a QD into the sol line, stick it in the vac hose, start up the TM.
By the time you get back into the house the line will be flushed, hook it to the wand/tool and rock 'n roll

Cool down at the end of the job..at least at the end of the day.
Use the hot bleed off to rinse off wand/tools and fill sprayers/emulsion jug
Don't shut it down at cleaning temps

You'll have much less probs with clogged filters/strainers in the future if you follow those procedures..trust me.

you still need to descale though

..L.T.A.

Jim Morrison

Name
jim
Thanks for the tips Larry. I do the pre cleaning line flush, but will try the end of job bleed down. Made an appointment with my disty to get the thing flushed this Wednesday.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom