what the hell is a banana glide??

steve g

Name
steve garrett
seems like everytime I go to carpet cleaning on ebay, I see banana glides being offered, they are yellow and appear very similar to greenies design, who is makeing these??

Bob Foster

Its a inferior under-performing cheap knock-off copy of someone else's GoodGlide.

Bob Foster

And we should all shop at Home Depot and also buy Chinese made products whenever we can.

I don't have a lot of respect for people and companies that make their money off of copying another company's innovations.

G

Mytee is the best chance for...

{anybody} ( should read "some people"") being able to buy Glides in the future.

I'll soon be a lot of people's first choice !

Cheers! AL

How about if that company is picking up the tab on fighting Harris to enable selling of glides legally?

I don't like Chinese products either, but I will tell you something. Of the products I have purchased off ebay that are from china, if you have a problem they will do what ever it takes to make you happy. Can't speak that about some American products. Your told oh well, we're sorry. The china products are not as bad as one would think.

Many of the products sold by the big name suppliers are made in china private labeled to look as American made. Same product but higher cost.

Bob Foster

Quit teasing us and just show us the damn glide! And your glide is all new design and not a knock-off either is it?

G

And your glide is all new design and not a knock-off either is it?

ALL NEW!

Don't believe in copying another man's work!

But everyone I shared my idea with, thought it was really good!

So it will be ready for sale very soon, I'M DOING THE BEST I CAN!

Thanks! AL :)

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bob Foster said:
I don't have a lot of respect for people and companies that make their money off of copying another company's innovations.

ummm, Brother Bob, i know Greenie improved the fit, but isn't the recent glide craze of the last few years due to that carnival barking schmuck Clepto Kenny?

No one heard of teflon glides til clepto Kenny starting hawking them 5 years ago.

I believe Greenie started out as a clepto Kenny glide salesman

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:

anybody being able to buy Glides in the future.

Wake up people.

Larry Cobb

uhhh........what, I don't care if i have to mail greenie cash I will only buy real green glides, mytee stuff is a joke, I still have a bad taste in my mouth after buying a couple of their air movers, absolute joke of a product.

Bob Foster

Larry your right. And I am not ragging on you when I start my rant here.

Ken had a lot to with introducing glides but fell short of meeting very reasonable market demands (like delivering paid for goods and not ripping people off). The void that was being left for glides by Nipples was filled by a person who has a commitment to the industry. In spite of tremendous obstacles we continue to reap the benefits of his (and Lisa's) innovation and performance.

If I wanted a good fan or a dehu the company I would want to go to first would be a dealer for DriEaz products (not PowerFlight for the same reason) but there ain't going to be anything yellow on my wand because I wouldn't have the stomach to look at it everyday - it would bother me that much.

By the way, do you know who owns Mytee? Have they ever come in here and helped any one of us with anything?

Farenheit251

When i was doing restoration. I bought 40 mytee airmovers for $125 expanding our large loss capability. We found them to be a little less durable but still a good product which paid for itself within 2 water losses.
It is like when I need a tool that I know I will use once or rarely I might buy at Harbor Freight. Something that I use everyday I wouldn't. Banana gliders might be a good way for a newbie with a cheap wand to try glides
I also see some squared off, white glides from Interlink I think. Doesn't look like teflon and one size fits most.
Everytime I see a new glide I think that it is good for Jeff and Lisa. I really can't see where it would be profitable for anyone else to custom fit glide molds to each individual wand and the big guys won't use expensive teflon stock.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bob Foster said:
By the way, do you know who owns Mytee? Have they ever come in here and helped any one of us with anything?

The president of Mytee is John Labarbera. I probably spelled his name wrong. Mytee is a competitor so I have no financial motive to stand up for them. But I think I should set the record straight.

John has come on the bulletin boards frequently to help folks who had problems. I suspect he will continue to do that in the future.

Scott Warrington

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
BrianE said:
I also see some squared off, white glides from Interlink I think. Doesn't look like teflon and one size fits most.

Interlink is a network of independent distributors. I don't know what each store may choose to sell. But Interlink as a group does not sell any type of glide at this time. We did not want the legal headaches.

Scott Warrington

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Just to set the record straight....

Ken brought the Teflon glides he had been producing to Connections in 2004. Chem-Dry sent him a cease & desist letter, which he first mentioned at the show.

Ken tried to modify the Glides at the show to satisfy ChemDry. This resulted in a Glide with less quality.

From there the legal wrangling and further modifications led to limited capital and less sales.

Finally, earlier this year, Ken obtained a letter from CD stating that his single-slot Teflon Glides did not infringe on the patent in question.

Larry Cobb

P.S. Greenie also brought a prototype hole-glide to the same show.

John LaBarbera owns Mytee and posts on the ICS board routinely.

Bob Foster

The layers of legal issues surrounding glides is a complex and very sensitive matter.

I don't feel it's my place to jeopardize peoples livelihoods by adding my two bits worth on other than saying that third party interpretations or speculations of what has actually happened or what will happen are pointless to what will, in the end, actually happen.

There are good guys, bad guys and in between guys on the glide deal and lots of us have some strong impressions already based on the actions of some of those parties.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Let me say this, Mytee along with Dri-Eaz and US Products are all currently engaged in litigation with HRI (Chem-Dry) concerning the same patents and similar products as GreenGlides.

We have cooperated with all the above companies and sent them any and all information we have that might be relevant to their cases.

Our case is waiting for a ruling on our motion to set aside the judgment and injunction, hearing was Thursday, no ruling as of yet. If they rule in our favor, we will be allowed to present our evidence.

Aside from our case, Mytee's is the furthest along. Consequently, if Mytee's case concludes in their favor and the patents in dispute become public domain, EVERYONE will be allowed to make and sell these products. All the other cases become moot and will be dismissed.

If for some reason, Mytee's attempt failed, the next in line to finish would be Dri-Eaz and US Products, who's cases were filed on the same day. As in Mytee's case, if one of them succeeded, everyone would be able to make these products.

If our Motion is granted, we present our evidence and our case concludes successfully before the rest, the same would happen.

So, there are four EXCELLENT chances that HRI will be defeated and these patents will become public domain.

While there has been friction between ourselves and John LaBarbera in the past, he extended his hand and offered to bury the hatchet and has been quite communicative with us. Certainly our products compete with his, but he makes a very limited number of models at this point, has a slightly different design and I feel there is room in the market for all. I believe strongly that people can change and grow, myself included.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, certainly our glides were as close of an imitation of Ken's as John's are of our's. With imitation comes innovation, and innovation is good. May we all continue to innovate and improve upon the basic glide concept begun over 20 years ago with the ServiceMaster glides.

My suggestion to those who are pondering the differences between the GreenGlide and the Banana Glide is to try for yourself, we give a full 30 day, money back, no questions asked guarantee on all of our products, and I'm sure Mytee has a similar policy. Try both products side by side and see for yourself...may the best product win.

Thanks for everyone's support. You are all the best.

Take care,
Lisa

Rex Tyus

anybody being able to buy Glides in the future.

Wake up people.

Larry Cobb

Larry,

For the dumb ass redneck population such as my self would you pleased explain that remark. If you have something against Greenglides just say so. Is there something different in the design of the banana that meets the HRI requirements?

No wait, there is a law suite against them as well. Do they stand a chance of winning and everyone else loosing? WTF.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Rex,

There is little chance for one company to be victorious and the rest to fail, because even if all failed but one, once one succeeded, all the past cases would be able to be re-opened and dismissed.

You cannot be in violation of a patent which no longer exists.

So even given that scenario, once one wins, everyone wins.

I don't believe Larry has any animosity for GreenGlides, he was merely stating in his words that Mytee has the money and the information and is in the best position given the timing of their lawsuit and the evidence gathered, to be successful in their challenge of HRI's patents. If they are successful we all owe them (along with all the compnies fighting) a debt of gratitude as they will have spent a great deal of time and money to put these patents in the public domain and keep the glide market open.

Take care,
Lisa

Rex Tyus

Rex,

There is little chance for one company to be victorious and the rest to fail, because even if all failed but one, once one succeeded, all the past cases would be able to be re-opened and dismissed.

You cannot be in violation of a patent which no longer exists.

So even given that scenario, once one wins, everyone wins.

That is what I was thinking Lisa. The remark Larry posted is not the first I have read by him on that topic. I just wanted him to explain it a little. It seems to me he is either being deceptive and petty or is just ignorant.

But then again I could be wrong.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rex;

I think you need to brush up on the case.

Mytee has the best legal representation at the present time, and has moved pro-actively to challenge the HRI (ChemDry) patent in California court.

Cobb Carpet Supply was also deposed for a day of fact finding after Greenie & Lisa in California, and presented numerous cases of prior art at that legal proceeding.

Larry Cobb

Rex Tyus

Thanks Larry,

You do realize that if Mytee wins and the patent is invalidated, it is invalidated for all manufacturers in question right? How does me brushing up on the case change that?

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Larry Cobb said:
Rex;

I think you need to brush up on the case.

Mytee has the best legal representation at the present time, and has moved pro-actively to challenge the HRI (ChemDry) patent in California court.

Cobb Carpet Supply was also deposed for a day of fact finding after Greenie & Lisa in California, and presented numerous cases of prior art at that legal proceeding.

Larry Cobb

arn't depositions the funnest thing you have ever done :lol: what did you know and when did you know it, and BTW what is your underwear and sock size :twisted:

I was just wondering who the banana glide people are, like i said if the day comes I will send greenie cash if I have to for glides

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom