What to do if your client..........................

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I have a property management company that I do work for... They do not own the buildings.... anyways They owe me about $3,000 for one building, that just went into foreclosure.............. So Put a lien on the property? I can't sue the owner, but I could sure the PM company..

Their other building........... This one filed bankruptcy today....... They owe me about $2k from last week.... We did a biohazard dead body clean up... So I am really pissed off.. Guess I just need to vent

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
File your court paperwork asap. They seem to be in deep dodo. Cover your proverbial arse and get in line for payment. File against the management company, tenants, as well as the property owners today.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
You were hired by the PM company. They owe you the money. You should know that.

When you say that one building went into foreclosure, what exactly do you mean? The foreclosure process on the building has begun?
This has nothing to do with you. You were hired by the PM company.

The other building filed bankruptcy today?
Buildings don't file bankruptcy.
How are you aware of a bankruptcy filing that happened today?

You do crime scene clean-up?

Name
steve snail
Starting in 2011-12 there is going to be a HUGE amount of commercial properties going belly-up. A significant amount of commercial loans are set to be refinanced and better than half are upside down. This is just the beginning...BEWARE.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ok same property management company 2 properties with the same owner......... One of his properties just went into foreclosure. and he is filling bankruptcy on the other.. The pM company is keeping the one filling bankruptcy, buta company called Focus out of florida took over the foreclosure one for the bank... Yes I do crime scene clean up.. So I put leins on both properties today myself... And Monday I will file in small claims against the PM company.. since they were the ones who hired me. Even though they are out of Indianapolis i'll get them all.. LOL And to top it off the Property manager thats in the office took a job with the new management company "on the side" and told me not to say anything.. lol

C

cucu

also ck to see if tennent had renters insurance it would cover the clean up

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
joeynbgky said:
Ok same property management company 2 properties with the same owner......... One of his properties just went into foreclosure. and he is filling bankruptcy on the other.. The pM company is keeping the one filling bankruptcy, buta company called Focus out of florida took over the foreclosure one for the bank... Yes I do crime scene clean up.. So I put leins on both properties today myself... And Monday I will file in small claims against the PM company.. since they were the ones who hired me. Even though they are out of Indianapolis i'll get them all.. LOL And to top it off the Property manager thats in the office took a job with the new management company "on the side" and told me not to say anything.. lol

Yet you were hired by the PM right?
So foreclosure proceedings have begun on property A.
And this same owner of property B has filed for bankruptcy protection.
If he owns both buildings then a bankruptcy filing will activate a automatic federal stay where foreclosure proceedings against the other building are halted. As a matter of fact, all collection attempts against him must cease and be forwarded to the bankruptcy trustee and you basically have to "get in line", and hope there is something left for you upon liquidation of the assets. Foreclosure proceedings and bankruptcy cases can go on for a long time.
I don't see how this all makes any difference to you, since you were hired by the PM. They should pay you.
They are the ones that have a possible issue with the owner, not you.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
So true.. I'm going after the PM company too.. But the leins on the buildings will cause problems, he can't refinance the bankrupcy one, and the foreclosure one that the bank now owns can't sell it with leins... Thanks for all of your help guys i was just venting!!!! Ya'll made me feel better..

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
joeynbgky said:
Ok.. So I put leins on both properties today myself... And Monday I will file in small claims against the PM company.. since they were the ones who hired me.

That is awesome that you learned to navigate the legal system yourself. Not that hard to do. Good luck getting paid! Keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom