What To Do.....

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
CMS does sell the Cimex and all the accessories.
We will do our best to take care of you John.
Thanks for the opportunity.
I wish we had more demanding customers like you:lol:

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
Other than charging a king's ransom for VCT work (I've got 8k for 2 jobs booked for September :biggrin: ), I do very little tile and grout or hard surface. This would be for growth in appearance management for apartment, condo and office common areas. Getting a steady and reliable source of income with cheques in the mailbox every month is very comforting. I don't chase the residential market much, far too fickle.
The Brush pro will work great if you want to keep clean carpet -clean. It's easy to use and anyone can do it.
If your doing hi-rise buildings look at all the bathrooms that have tile and break and copy rooms that have VCT.
Lots of dollars there.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Cimex is a great machine. We use ours weekly, but it has it's limitations, of course. The main limitation is it's size. It's a wide open space tool. In small offices it can be a problem. We did a small office job with it the other day and there were places we just couldn't get to. I had to drag out the rotary to clean those areas and even had to bring in the detail brush you get from Tricky Rickey when you buy the Mex. (not you Taco)

I also have a CRB, but it never hardly ever comes out on jobs. The wet hair balls it digs up become a real pain to deal with.

To be honest, while the Cimex gives awesome visual results, they're really not any better than any other encap mechanism we have. A 175 with a bonnet or brush does just as good. It just takes longer.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have a smaller 15-inch Cimex we keep for getting in tight spots the 19-inch can't. The only issue with it is that its RPMs are higher 620 vs the normal 400. Works great at getting between rooms in an auditorium we do regularly. The rest of the time the use in preconditioning rugs with the soft brushes.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Ah but no one mentions the magical 175/300 rpm buffer for SHAMPOOING.
Put a bonnet on it and watch it fly at 300 rpm.

Reactions: thecleaningdude

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never use the high speed. I MIGHT use it when my new pads come in, but I can't imagine why I would. ( The old loopy cotton pads I have are impossible to center so the machine wobbles. On his speed it's like Taco on a bronco.) [notice the continued Mexican references?]

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Willy, If you want to spend money and are chasing commercial you tax dept will understand that need to do some study.
Go to UK and see how the POMs do it .
Hint - Your training schedule may just coincide with the World Cup - 1st Oct v France

roro

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Damon
Commercial or - dare I say - residential? Or both?

Commercial:

Go with 175, Cimex or OP. The variables will be frequency and type of work and how often you plan on extracting. For affordability the 175 can't be beat. For efficiency and ease of use it's the Cimex (especially if you plan on flushing from time to time). If you want to encap and pad cap and do so easily, then look at a wheels down OP.

Residential:

Go with a 175 or OP along with a CRB. No matter what anyone says, the CRB is a must have for residential VLM. Vacuuming alone simply cannot remove what a CRB can from residential pile. The machine you choose to go with your CRB will based more on convenience and preference, though I would lean more towards a wheels down OP. It's easier to use and arguably cleans better as well.

Name
Nate W.
I should have bought a Cimex years ago. I can do the same work with a 175 with solution tank and shower feed. Yet the Cimex is easier, faster, and more consistent.

Dad is that you?!? He told me the same thing............But too cheap to buy one...... Stepping over dollars to pick up pennies...... I now have 2 cimex's...... Not because I'm fancy, because I'm a tool hoarder......And I find some great deals on it too....:lol:

I'd get a Cimex of your commercial work @Willy P If Mary (err I think I forgot a T in there) can use it, so can you.....:winky:

EDS

Name
Ed
Other than charging a king's ransom for VCT work (I've got 8k for 2 jobs booked for September :biggrin: ), I do very little tile and grout or hard surface. This would be for growth in appearance management for apartment, condo and office common areas. Getting a steady and reliable source of income with cheques in the mailbox every month is very comforting. I don't chase the residential market much, far too fickle.
And I don't chase the commercial market too much...perfect fit.

Back
Top Bottom