What's most hose you have every run from your truck?

Brian H

Name
Brian H
We had a BIG very light soot job that we did over the holiday weekend, that we ran hose up to the 9th floor. That was the short run. Once on that floor we had at least 700 feet. We figured with the stairwell and then to the truck we had about 900 feet out.

John Buxton

personally I have had about 400'. However my distributor Advantage Marketing, who helped with the first World Trade Center bombing had Butlers with 1100 feet of hose each.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
I have a client over here that has a Diesel Genesis, and he runs 850 ft every second week. He has a particular government building that he cleans every fortnight, and the only things he is allowed to bring in is 1 bottle of neutral spotter, vac and solution hose and his wand. Nothing more!

But 1100 ft - Wow :shock:

Jim

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
350 for me. A restuarant that is at the end of a dock. I've gone to the 10th floor on condos but still only used a total of about 250 feet because we went straight up and over the balcony instead of thru the stairwell.

Today I was cleaning a condo on the 6th floor and wouldn't you know that today would be the day my hose would burst. :x I just replaced the hose on my live reel but this was my extra section I carry for long hose runs. Oh well at least I was able to finish and didn't make a mess. It just cost me an extra trip to the van.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
600 and it was a hose management nightmare. What a pile of spaghetti in the stairwell, until we peeled off a few 50's.

Wow I can't even imagine another 300 ft!

How was your vacuuum?

Never ran more than 250' kuz that's all I have in my van. Its amazing how far you can go with that amount of hose if you string it around the right way. :D

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
John Buxton said:
personally I have had about 400'. However my distributor Advantage Marketing, who helped with the first World Trade Center bombing had Butlers with 1100 feet of hose each.

Did he have a 25 foot 1 1/2" whip on the end of that 1100 foot vac hose run?

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I know a few guys that run two 800 foot runs all the time off their Vortex. This is a picture of a 1000 foot hose reel out the back. He has a 600 footer out the side. I bet it takes an hour to set up.[attachment=0:1yx4ka7o]1000 hose reel.jpg[/attachment:1yx4ka7o]

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
AdamHale said:
I know a few guys that run two 800 foot runs all the time off their Vortex. This is a picture of a 1000 foot hose reel out the back. He has a 600 footer out the side. I bet it takes an hour to set up.[attachment=0:3fp1rz0x]1000 hose reel.jpg[/attachment:3fp1rz0x]

Is that 1000ft of 2" or 2.5"?

I carry 350ft. 400ft is about the longest I've run.
Anything over that and I'll bring in a porty.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I ran a truck with about a seven hundred foot hose real. I think one time I only had three or four sections left on the real after I set up for a job. So... I'm guessin' about five fity, but it coulda only been four hunnert...

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Ron Werner said:
AdamHale said:
I know a few guys that run two 800 foot runs all the time off their Vortex. This is a picture of a 1000 foot hose reel out the back. He has a 600 footer out the side. I bet it takes an hour to set up.[attachment=0:286lwv0j]1000 hose reel.jpg[/attachment:286lwv0j]

Is that 1000ft of 2" or 2.5"?

I carry 350ft. 400ft is about the longest I've run.
Anything over that and I'll bring in a porty.

That is a 1000 foot 2" hose reel. Its huge!

TimP

Max I've done is 200....although I have 250 on my reels but I run 4 to the door when I do otherwise the vac stinks.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The most I've done is about 250' although they say I can do 400' easily with my Commander HO. Not sure I believe it. How do you keep the water hot at 800' feet away?

Chris A

Name
Chris
we used to do a couple 500' runs every year on a big commercial account we had. Most recently with a 47 CDS, but before that with a #3 Legend. Imagine the vac at the end of that hose!

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I do a local hospital we go up 14 stories and then run 500'. With the Vortexs it still has plenty of vacuum at the end.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
450 for a rec center we did years ago.
(it's closed down now)

if I'd of known then what I know now, we'd of encRapped or bonnetcRapped most of it

...L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
200-250, it's already a PITA going up past the 5th story staircases by yourself. I should say a big PITA.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
As Brian said, we were on a 14 floor job with 5 trucks and 6-10 men all weekend and we have 2 now on site doing the 13th floor. overall we cleaned about 1/2 million sq feet (could be off by 100k). we had every butler loaded with hose and brought a 14 ft box truck packed with extra pressure and vac hose. some runs were at least 900ft, most were at least 500 as we took over 150 just to reach stariwells, each floor was about 16 ft or so in height and the building covered a city block with entry only allowed on the 2 ends not the sides also which would have shortened the runs.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
damn Ken, Pops probably got a nice pay out on that one, hmm? :wink:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Chris

He was not the salesperson on the job as it was through our restoration division but he made a nice chunk working the job with a whole bunch of us. He put in 24.5 hours in 2 days.

Ken

harryhides

Name
Tony
We did the hallways of a 30 story building for a while. We had no problem with heat or pressure and though I thought that the vacuum would be mediocre it turned out not too bad. After a while I figured out why - it was downhill all the way !!

We managed the hoses by bringing in 2 hose reels mounted on wheels - took them up the elevator and simply let the hose drop down the stair well - worked out not too bad but took over an hour to set up.

Chris A

Name
Chris
good, glad to hear you white collar guys are all gettin your excercise :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom