whats the best tile tool

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I like the turbo hybrid.....

Have a SX-12 hanging in the garage ......it does OK ....I just don't like how wet it leaves the tile......

Jim Martin said:
I like the turbo hybrid.....

Have a SX-12 hanging in the garage ......it does OK ....I just don't like how wet it leaves the tile......

Yea I had that problem too. It was leaving the floor too wet especially if I was using higher pressure (1200-1500 psi).

I was using a 6 or 7 section 1.5 inch whip.

I started running two inch with a 1.5 inch reducer to the tool and the suction nearly doubled. Now it picks the water up good.

I just need something a little better though. I have a lot of big tile jobs coming up.

I was either going to get a turbo hybrid or a sx-15. I felt the sx-15 and not sure I would like it.

Has anyone used both and which one is the better tool?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
GeneMiller said:
i drilled out the holes in my sx-12 to 5/16" and it leaves it a lot dried now.

gene

I gotta try that with my older SX12. I agree that it leaves the tile too wet, even with a Genny 59 vac behind it.

I just want someone to come out with a tool that can clean within 1/4" of a baseboard. Now that would be a great tool!

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Daniel, I posted about this before but I purchased the SX-15 (and was all excited about it) and was totally disappointed in it. Flimsy, will skip all over the place with you and it is not good for smaller areas around commodes etc. I disliked it so bad after 2-3 times of trying I purchased another new turbo. The Sx-15 sat in shop for 3 months and I finally traded it for new stair tool, some chemicals and a few accessories.

The only pro was that it dried extremely well probably because of the 2 inch shaft connection

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
The Turbo Hybrid gets my vote. It is a well designed tool. Gets under cabinets good and up to edges. The vacuum relief does a good job of keeping it from sucking down to the floor. No complaints whatsoever.

Ron have you tried the Turbo as well and why do you like the mytee over the other tools?

It looks like it sits up too high.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Redline Spinner here.

It's faster cuz its like pushing a wand and requires single hand operation.

I need one hand free to whip the hoses.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
I borrowed a bran new sx15 and wasn't over impressed with it. Too much flex and feels cheap, same problems I had with the sx12.

Curious why more people don't use the Westpack spinner? 1 3/4 vac tube, 2" hook up, 13" head and a great price

Its between that and the turboforce 15. So far leaning towards the westpack

S

shellybrown

Before few months back I had reconstruct my bedroom so constructor used tilesizer tool for tiles cutting.
I must say it is one of the best tile tools to secure your tiles in place during the tile cutting process.
TileSizer can grip onto tiles as tiny as ¼” by ¾” and allocate tile maxim or other tile shears to move smoothly through naturally without tile bits and pieces rapid up.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Turbo Hybrid is the best. I also own an original Redline Spinner and have used the SX12 quite a bit. Turbo all the way, I also have the mini turbo and the cobra. Leaves the tile dry, not a big spaced when cleaning against a wall. Here is AZ we do a ton of tile, so we use this tool every day.

My current Turbo hybrid is about 6 years old. I just had to order a replacement teflon ring ($80) and also replace the bottom blue plastic piece inside the dome ($100) , but for what I've made with it over the years this is pennies to spend on it.

highsteam

Name
Alberto
I need to test a turbo one. Im using the sx12 now, i like it but would like to be able to get closer to the walls or edges. Maybe some jet mod would help. Also will try the drilling thing.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Turbo Hybrid is the best. I also own an original Redline Spinner and have used the SX12 quite a bit. Turbo all the way, I also have the mini turbo and the cobra. Leaves the tile dry, not a big spaced when cleaning against a wall. Here is AZ we do a ton of tile, so we use this tool every day.

My current Turbo hybrid is about 6 years old. I just had to order a replacement teflon ring ($80) and also replace the bottom blue plastic piece inside the dome ($100) , but for what I've made with it over the years this is pennies to spend on it.

Where in the world did you buy the teflon ring and inner deck from? The ring is $42.95 and the innder deck is $80.25 id call them back and ask them for a refund our at least a kiss....

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I need to test a turbo one. Im using the sx12 now, i like it but would like to be able to get closer to the walls or edges. Maybe some jet mod would help. Also will try the drilling thing.

you have to have enough space to create a vacuum this is why no tool gets right up agains the wall

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom