What's the max length of hose I can run with my machine?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I have a CDS and currently have 150 ft of hose on board. Usually more than enough but I just looked at a job where the 150 ft would take me to the front door of the apartment but no further. There is also a commercial job I'm trying to get which would be a lot easier for me to do if I could run the extra 50 ft.If I brought it up to 200 ft total, would my machine still be able to clean that carpet or is it maxed out at 150 ft?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had a pair of CDS's several years ago and we would often clean with 200ft plus with no concerns.

While they weren't the strongest machines we had, there were no noticable difference in the finished work at 300-ft.

I'd add the extra 50-ft and not sweat it! 8)

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I bet you could run 600' but you'd be moving the wand at a snails pace to get water recovery.

I clean this one job at 450' and all I do is slow down the wand stroke. Mine is a number 4 blower.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yup, don't sweat it. We regularly run 350-400 on commercial and while the suction does drop a bit, its not a huge deal

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
300 to 400 ft! Incredible. My residential cleaning business seems to pick up steam( no pun intended) and for that I've been OK so far except for this one time yesterday.I had to pass on the job, unfortunately. I've also been marketing myself to retirement facilities and some commercial. Looks like I really need to step up and buy some hose. How much do you guys typically carry on your trucks? I think my reels might max out at 200ft...

veteran

ever hear of the expression run 4 to the door... buy a simple 3 way pvc connector, although you'll need another vac inlet if u don't have one. just a quick modification if unit isn't duel operational . I've done this to three one inlet standalone units in my fleet, adds a lot of vac and I'm willing to put money on it you could go 250 -300 from the door doing this modification

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
gimmeagig said:
How much do you guys typically carry on your trucks? I think my reels might max out at 200ft...

think we have 225 on ours

we've run as much as 400ft (with 45 blower)
There was a noticeable decrease in vac.
'bout like running an average porty.

we've run 300ft with no noticeable lose, but 70ft of it was straight up the side of building.
Gravity helps a LOT compared to running flat or uphill out of a below ground level office .

You'll be fine out to 300 though.
You'll notice a difference in the sound of the wand, but you'll be OK.
Just keep the hoses as straight as possible (no jumbled piles or tight loops) and lift the wand off the carpet to give the hoses a little "breath" regularly....it's as simple as lifting the wand for a 1/2 second at the finish of the back stroke (especially if you're pulling uphill) and you'll be fine

..LT.A.

machinejjh

9 50' lines, easy, with no suction loss is the most I've ran. Even done at a 5/4 split dual carpet wanding with no loss. Normally carry 5 50' lines per truck, with extra added as need. No coils, like a previous poster said, coils decrease your suction.

Name
Eric Valentine
My TM has a 36 blower, and I have ran 225' feet of hose with some loss of suction (still a lot better than my porty), but not too bad. You should be good for 250 feet with no problem. Like Larry said, you could do 300' without a problem.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Lee Stockwell said:
For occasional use 2" PVC pipe is cheap, smooth, and easy to get and haul.

That's a great idea, I have not thought of that!!! I clean units in a retirement home and it's a pretty large facility with long hallways. The PVC pipe might be more practical for that than my hoses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom