What's this Solenoid?

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
image.jpeg

My machine bypasses water to control the heat. Bypassed water goes into this Selanoid but no longer comes out. Is the Selanoid faulty or perhaps the electrical isn't working? Can somebody explain the purpose of this or how it works? My machine is a white magic pro 1900.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Basically when the water hits a preset high temperature the temp sensor either opens or closes(don't know how yours is set up but does not matter) and a relay sends 12v to this solenoid to open and allow enough water to pass through untill the temp sensor is back into its operating temperature at which time it pulls power and closes the solenoid.

The solenoid is just a magnet Valve, once the valve is energized (knowing that this particular valve is normally closed) it opens and allows passage to the water.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Take the nut off of the top of the unit. Remove the housing cover / magnet (the brass looking part).

Inspect valve for any corrosion/ anything that might not let it travel.

If any corrosion is present clean ' sand it down with fine sand paper or emery cloth.

Completely disassemble valve stem and inspect for damage. If and parts are damaged we can replace any and all parts of the valve.

Post what you find.

If you don't want to fix that one, we can probably get you a new one pretty fast, just let me know.

J

JS41035

Skinner solenoid.
Most of the time it will stick open. Take out the stem and remove the debris.
If it isn't opening. It is most likely the magnet.

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
Thanks for all the replies. Havent had a chance to dig any deaper into yet. Thats what you get for taking a week off i guess right? I remember it used to have a filter in there although every time I would check it their was never anything on it. But this time when I looked their was no filter. Im wondering if some crap got in their and clogged it up. Anyway I'll post up what I find. Thanks for all the help so far. Thats what I love about this board. Theres always somebody to go to for help.

Reactions: Newman

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

So this is what I found when I had a chance to pull it apart. Also if I'm understanding this all right this selanoid is a magnet. I'm getting a slight magnetic pull on it all the time and it doesn't change when it is supposed to be bypassing water.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I would call or message mr stock well and see if he has one with the same size npt inlet outlet so he can send it to you.

If you need a new one give me a call.

Back
Top Bottom