What's your best cleaning memory

j0065

Name
JAy
Alright I know we all have run into many unique situations. So what is the funniest or most interesting experience from all your years in the industry?

J

JS41035

Me and my brothers working almost 50 hours straight on college dorms. finishing up at 7 am on move in day. Going to Hardee's for coffee so we could make it home. Geez to have had a Zipper back then.
I cherish the time when wax was drying. Drinking coffee with Dad or my brothers plotting our cleaning empire on a napkin.
Now it's watching my son and daughter work and being proud when they don't quit. I remember Jonas would pull hoses when he was 4. Constantly yanked the wand almost out of my hands. Now when a new employee does it I get nostalgic.

F

FB7777

Dear Penthouse,

I never thought this would happen to me but.....

Like Justin, my best memories are when my boys were around 10 helping me on large jobs . After a few hours they'd sit on the floor and pull the hoses back.

Funny how different they are, one saved every dollar he made and has more in the bank than the average 40 year old

The other used his summer money to buy a laptop gaming computer and every other tech gadget he wanted

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have so many, it's hard to pick just one. A couple of years ago I did about $30,000 worth of work on collectible area rugs from a well known local collector. These were some of the most beautiful wool and silk rugs I have ever seen. I have no idea of the value of them but I am sure my insurance company would freak if they knew what I had in the shop. Some of these rugs were made for the Jewish community depicting scenes from the Bible such as Daniel in the lions den, with inscriptions in Hebrew underneath. Tragically, the majority were moth eaten, some quite severely. We treated them to kill the moth larvae and cleaned them. The owner is slowly sending them for expert repairs.

Jamesh921

Name
James
EARLY in my career (within the first 3 months of my first day dragging a wand) I was cleaning an entire 3 bdrm house. This was a good job for me back then and I was really excited about it. Everything was coming out fine til I got to the dining room. Under the dining rm table was a large dark spot. I didn't know much back then, so I threw every chem on the truck at it. Nothing worked. Couldn't make it lighten at all. After using my last "go to" chem I had, I stood up. When I stood up, I bumped my head on the chandelier that hung over the table. When that chandelier started swinging back and forth, so did the dark spot on the floor. LOL!!! I only had to learn that lesson ONCE!!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Everyday when I get off! Or days I don't even have to work!

Or when my guys get one of these.

IMG_2120.PNG

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

hogjowl

Idiot™
EARLY in my career (within the first 3 months of my first day dragging a wand) I was cleaning an entire 3 bdrm house. This was a good job for me back then and I was really excited about it. Everything was coming out fine til I got to the dining room. Under the dining rm table was a large dark spot. I didn't know much back then, so I threw every chem on the truck at it. Nothing worked. Couldn't make it lighten at all. After using my last "go to" chem I had, I stood up. When I stood up, I bumped my head on the chandelier that hung over the table. When that chandelier started swinging back and forth, so did the dark spot on the floor. LOL!!! I only had to learn that lesson ONCE!!
I did the exact same thing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This happened at least 15 years ago. We had a client who was like Marty & Jimmy, very high functioning for someone not carrying a full load.

He survived off a trust fund and lived in huge beautiful sprawling home. We cleaned regularly for him, whenever the attorney called. He was socially challenged, and would usually go outside until we were done. Serveral hours no matter the weather he would just walk around the block dozens of times.

He had some strange perversions and all of our technicians hated going there. Big jars of Vaseline and High School athletes taped up on the wall.

We always sent the new guys without warning them. lol

We sent a supervisor over to check on the crews cleaning and he asks if they had asked the client about carpet protector. The crews told him no.

The supervisor wanting to get commission for the sale asked where was the client. They told him out by the pool. :shifty:

That should have been a red flag but greed beat out common sense.

He steps out and goes walking over to the pool calling the clients name. As the client got up to respond, it became apparent he was set up. The client was naked standing there discusing carpet protector.

After the client laid back down, the supervisor turned to see 6 technicians at glass doors laughing.

They said he was beat red and did not even talk to them as he walked through the house and off to his truck. :lol:

I chuckle every time I think of it. LOL

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter

same thing...only my chandelier threw hundreds of little "spots".....
custy was watching...and we both had a good laugh over it....

Reactions: Jamesh921

Mikey P

Administrator
I cleaned a whole house made for and built by midgets once. Ceilings were six feet high, doorways were 5'. Neck still hurts.

1st day with the Prochem Hydraulic unit. House with more than 40 cats. High water shut off valve didn't work, blower exhaust was pointed at the front door.

The porkchop house.

The Doberman pile house.

The Moe-hair panties lady

The wrong house

The other wrong house

My dad's house with Lockhart.

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
Contracting with a "Ladies-of-the-evenings" massage parlor....and, seeing a customer standing at the top of a flight of stairs butt naked.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
This happened at least 15 years ago. We had a client who was like Marty & Jimmy, very high functioning for someone not carrying a full load.

He survived off a trust fund and lived in huge beautiful sprawling home. We cleaned regularly for him, whenever the attorney called. He was socially challenged, and would usually go outside until we were done. Serveral hours no matter the weather he would just walk around the block dozens of times.

He had some strange perversions and all of our technicians hated going there. Big jars of Vaseline and High School athletes taped up on the wall.

We always sent the new guys without warning them. lol

We sent a supervisor over to check on the crews cleaning and he asks if they had asked the client about carpet protector. The crews told him no.

The supervisor wanting to get commission for the sale asked where was the client. They told him out by the pool. :shifty:

That should have been a red flag but greed beat out common sense.

He steps out and goes walking over to the pool calling the clients name. As the client got up to respond, it became apparent he was set up. The client was naked standing there discusing carpet protector.

After the client laid back down, the supervisor turned to see 6 technicians at glass doors laughing.

They said he was beat red and did not even talk to them as he walked through the house and off to his truck. :lol:

I chuckle every time I think of it. LOL
Yeah but did he sell the protector?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom