When does it cross the line?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Many of you treat your employees like family. You may even find yourselves spending time with your employees outside of work. Perhaps for a round of golf, picnic, or meal....

There is the view that you should treat them more than "just an employee" to foster job satisfaction and loyalty.

But how much is too much, when does it go too far or cross the line for you?

Anytime you spend time outside of work...

Lending money....

Giving them a place to crash....

Partying together or having drinks....

Going to the strip clubs.......

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
always remember, your employees work for you..... I do not associate with employees after work, ever!!!. Getting to close to your employees gives them the idea they are indispensable and they will take every advantage eventually. Do not mix business and your personal life.

Name
Nate W.
I wouldn't. I'd much rather give him a few bucks and get that liabilty off me.

Company picnic sure. Good oportunity to meet the family.

Yea, I know a guy who got ran over from someone driving drunk from a Christmas party that a company paid for....... 6 million dollars later and pins in 1 whole leg followed by a gangsta lean/limp is no fun at all..... I believe the company had to close because of it...

Now company's will throw parties but BYOB.... It's still a liability but they didn't pay for it.... a$20-30 cab ride is cheap compared to the consequences of driving drunk......

I also had some friends who worked with me..... I'd tell them 8:30-4pm our friendship ends and work begins...... Lost a few friends over it, no sweat off my back...... They beg to "help them out" when they're jobless......... Jobless for a reason......:icon_twisted:

Mike Draper

I like to hire guys who I get along with. I'm with them all day long. We chat and BS, we can be friends, but I stay firm on the rules. No getting lazy (I dont tolerate laziness or half ass work at all), show up on time, no phones outside the work truck, etc.. I had 2 employees that were cousins. They both grew up on farms and were going to college in Agriculture. They worked with me 4 years till they graduated. Both of them are my very good friends now and we keep in touch regularly. These guys were unique though. They came from very wealthy farm families and didn't need the money, they just enjoyed working while they were in school. They were always dedicated and the hardest workers I'll ever have had. That probably had a lot to do with our good friendship.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
One of the problems with allowing employees to be friends, or feel like you are friends, is that it leaves too much room for unreasonable expectations and/or hurt feelings.

An employee will accept (even if not cheerfully) discipline, including verbal/written warnings....a friend would be hurt and insulted.

An employee will understand (even if a bit resentfully) when you don't allow time off for a family matter that isn't an emergency....a friend will feel slighted

It goes on and on.

The same issues that an employee will accept will essentially hurt or infuriate a friend.

You can lose a lot of good employees that way....and a few not so good friends.

Last edited:
Name
Danny Strickland
Hell no. I send him with a pocket full of cash. No receipts!

I'm an open minded lady. Sometimes I even go with him.

Next year at MFE they better have a Flirty Girl Fitness Pole and some stripper music going during yore presentation.

"NOW COMING TO THE STAGE PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE CLEANEST DANCER AT MFE, ALL THE WAY FROM PA, TO SEPARATE YOU FROM YORE, MOE NAY, GIVE IT UP FOR THE DANCER WHO'LL MAKE YOU BEG, THE LOVELY ENCAPPING MEG!!!!!!!!

If not, how about outside in the demo area. That guy with the nice rug set up could "LEASE" his trailer out for a few hours. Bet it would raise more $$$ for the animals than all that stuff donated last year!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Reactions: PrimaDonna
F

FB7777

image.jpg

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Danny- I have no problem with ANYONE acting like you do, until they claim something they are not. As soon as you claimed to be " a self proclaimed preacher man", as Fred put it, you opened the door for my wrath. As you can see, I'm not alone on this.

Name
Danny Strickland
You must have me confused with someone else. If you can produce a post where I proclaimed to be a preacher, i'll bow out of this board!

Am I a Christian? Yes
Did i serve as a decon in my church? Yes
Do I stretch the limits of some folks definition of a Christian? Maybe
Has my personality changed in the past 50 yrs? NO

See Doug, I don't do or say what I do to win you to Christ on here, or blast others for their beliefs or lack of. If you or anyone else needs council from the Bible, or some advise from a believers perspective, I can help. If thats what you deem a preacher, then I guess I am one after all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom