When is the last time a hose bursted @ someone's home you were working in?

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Yup, just recently my high-pressure hose at a 1000psi at about 200 degrees bursted right off my turbo...After nearly spraying down everything by the front door where it happened (thank god) that f'---er was hot! I got a few things wet (including a sofa and ceiling) however I wrestled it out fast with good hose management. That's exactly what I do when others work with me is to instruct them to lay the hoses out neatly so I don't trip my ass or somebody else's ass in an emergency...

This wasn't the first time though...LOL

smart n kleen

November of last year. I was doing a nasty job and the Black Death happened to me. The black stuff splashed on the wall and carpet. We hurried and wiped down the wall and cleaned the carpet. The house was so dirty they never noticed it even when they walked right by the wall. I replaced all hoses last month. I got lucky.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Nate W.
Doing a job for a friend.. used a shitty steel braided hose with no bend restrictor... I was too lazy to walk the 20' away to turn off the q/c so I could put it on the rv360i... I was forcing it on and the hose slipped and bent right at the metal.. I grabbed the vac hose immediately and shoved it inside.. About 2 years ago now..

@GeneMiller Has a good remedy for Goodyear hose users.. You take a clear 7-10' hose and slide it over the Goodyear.. Hose clamp it by the q/c side.. When it blows, it won't burn you or spray all over sh!t..

I prefer Parflex..

Reactions: roro and Cleanworks

Ron K

I replace my Goodyear yearly. It's expensive, but it's all I'll use.
I tried buying goodyear but got continental was kind of crappy so I bought hose from JB been working great 2yearish old.
Last time split a hose Mastermatic about 10 years ago right by the machine thank god the more it leaked the hotter it got. I noticed the Kero firing off when I was dry stroking and figured out something was wrong.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I tried buying goodyear but got continental was kind of crappy so I bought hose from JB been working great 2yearish old.
Last time split a hose Mastermatic about 10 years ago right by the machine thank god the more it leaked the hotter it got. I noticed the Kero firing off when I was dry stroking and figured out something was wrong.
I did the same thing. I can't stand these continental hoses.

smart n kleen

Doing a job for a friend.. used a shitty steel braided hose with no bend restrictor... I was too lazy to walk the 20' away to turn off the q/c so I could put it on the rv360i... I was forcing it on and the hose slipped and bent right at the metal.. I grabbed the vac hose immediately and shoved it inside.. About 2 years ago now..

@GeneMiller Has a good remedy for Goodyear hose users.. You take a clear 7-10' hose and slide it over the Goodyear.. Hose clamp it by the q/c side.. When it blows, it won't burn you or spray all over sh!t..

I prefer Parflex..
7-10" or 7-10'?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I haven't had a hose burst in years. It only ever bursts at the connection end. Couple of times a year I have a foot cut off and new ends put on. I don't suffer black death because I cool down my hose before shutting off the truck mount. I usually buy 125 ft. and change the whole hose after 5 years. Goodyear Neptune.

smart n kleen

I haven't had a hose burst in years. It only ever bursts at the connection end. Couple of times a year I have a foot cut off and new ends put on. I don't suffer black death because I cool down my hose before shutting off the truck mount. I usually buy 125 ft. and change the whole hose after 5 years. Goodyear Neptune.
Sounds like a personal problem lol. The hose bursting thing.

Last edited:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Too rubbery right. The supplier tried telling me it was still goodyear.
I don't know if it's too rubbery. I bought 300ft at one time. One of the 50ft sections almost blew on me in the first 200hrs. I returned it and they sent me a new hose (another continental). Then the lead 100ft hose gave me black water after about 350hrs. And I have only 150ft left of the remaining hose. It's gonna go any time. I'm constantly checking for black water before I pre spray my customer's carpet

I'm gonna give Parker a try after this. If it's annoyingly springy to where it's affecting my job efficiency, I'll bitch about it

smart n kleen

I don't know if it's too rubbery. I bought 300ft at one time. One of the 50ft sections almost blew on me in the first 200hrs. I returned it and they sent me a new hose (another continental). Then the lead 100ft hose gave me black water after about 350hrs. And I have only 150ft left of the remaining hose. It's gonna go any time. I'm constantly checking for black water before I pre spray my customer's carpet

I'm gonna give Parker a try after this. If it's annoyingly springy to where it's affecting my job efficiency, I'll bitch about it
Let us know how the Parker hose is. I'm interested also.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Last fall had a week of flooding. The guys had been through the mill and there was a Friday night job. A supervisor & I did it to give the guys a break.

We had 5000 of encap and 24 steps to hwe. I had two steps left and pulled hard to reach it and she blew. Fortunately most went on the tile. Soaked me, I yelled up to the main floor and we got the unit shut off. Switched hoses to finish and then had to wash a wall. :errf:

Ordered replacement hose the next day for all 6 TMs. :biggrin:

Name
Nate W.
Last fall had a week of flooding. The guys had been through the mill and there was a Friday night job. A supervisor & I did it to give the guys a break.

We had 5000 of encap and 24 steps to hwe. I had two steps left and pulled hard to reach it and she blew. Fortunately most went on the tile. Soaked me, I yelled up to the main floor and we got the unit shut off. Switched hoses to finish and then had to wash a wall. :errf:

Ordered replacement hose the next day for all 6 TMs. :biggrin:

Moral of the story, Do not pull ANY hose hard............ :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom