when they ask for references

Name
Jason
Hey y'all,

Trying to score a marble polish 120 miles away over the phone...

Told them they don't have to pay until the job is done right.

They want "references..." so I suppose that is two or more.

I think I should have to reward my past customer for helping me make the sale, so I want to raise the price, $20 or $35 per reference or something like that.

Is getting references really savvy of a consumer or is it not. He said he understands I'm not going to send a bad reference.

WHAT DO YOU TELL THEM WHEN THEY ASK FOR REFERENCES?

Thanks in advance....:headbang::icon_rolleyes::yawn:

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I always direct them to my current Yelp or Facebook pics and reviews. I will never give a past customers phone number/Email to a potential customer just because I've always felt its an invasion of their privacy

Name
cameron demille
I always insist on providing references, and them checking my competitors'. Charging for references is borderline retarded.

We have some really good clients that will never call anyone else, but they don't want to be bothered as a reference. Start compiling a reference list, known clients that are okay being contacted.

Yelp is an extortion service, but if nothing else, try and get people to leave you reviews. We recently started using Angie's List and it's paid off. They seem to be pretty legit.

Reactions: Jason del Norte

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
That is a situation where your IICRC certification in dimensional stone maintenance (or whatever other service) would be of great benefit. Reference from an outside, independent 3rd party. They know you would only give them contact info of a customer who liked your service.An independent reference carries much more weight.

This is the way IICRC was meant to be used. You market the value to your prospects and clients.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I send them to the meanest and hardest to please contract I have.

Guy is a Bear, works well cuz he is 100% Straight up.
I never say a word about it, ever!

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom