When to replace your glide??

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
I have had my hole glide on my EVO wand for quite a while.

When do I know to pop a new one on?? Greenie do you have the Glides for the EVO wand or do I have to get it straight from US-P?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just got my new Ti glide yesterday. Hybrid. When the bottoms wider than the glide is taller, it's past time to replace! I had actually cracked my Ti glide at the end because I wore it so thin I tried repairing it temporarily by drilling through and using a roll pin. I even tried super glue, but nothing sticks to teflon! (except melted gum).

I also recieved a new set of RX20 glides that have been "beefed up" to prevent shearing them when you dumbly hit something solid.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
When they get flat, just use 120 grit sandpaper and a block or belt sander and knock the corners off, bringing it back to a more round shape. Then finish with 220 grit.

It is time to replace when either it cracks on an end or wears through or becomes so thin that it loses it's structural integrity and starts falling off or leaking badly.

Take care,
Lisa

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
jstucky said:
I have had my hole glide on my EVO wand for quite a while.

When do I know to pop a new one on?? Greenie do you have the Glides for the EVO wand or do I have to get it straight from US-P?

The stock EVO glides should be sanded at least weekly because they will begin to snag and become harder to push as they age since they are not Teflon. Both the stock and the replacement teflon glides should last a very long time, the Teflon version is made with thicker stock and has a lot of meat on it.

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom