When to retire?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'm wondering what is everyone’s personal number. How much money in the bank does it take to make you say you’re done with carpet cleaning. What is that safe number? I think I'm at a place where I could do it and support myself just on my investments, but my personal target is just a bit higher from my current balance.

I know all the answers will range wildly, but i’m truly curious as to what your number is to say, “I’m done”.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok so when your 60. But how much in The bank? To retire at 60 with a savings of $5000 doesn’t work. Whats your $$$ figure?

Name
Brad Gouveia
My father in law number was 1 million. That is my goal. It does just depend on how you want to spend your retirement years in your house or traveling and how much traveling. Also depends on the debt side of thing as well I suppose.

Reactions: Bryce C and Nomad74
Name
Swani
Ok so when your 60. But how much in The bank? To retire at 60 with a savings of $5000 doesn’t work. Whats your $$$ figure?
My situation is a little different than most. I have 15 years of railroad retirement to fall back on and a 401k. There are a few other factors like if I have to take care of my parents or not, but ideally I would like to have 7.5 mil in investments hopefully making at least 4% giving me 300k a year to live on.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My situation is a little different than most. I have 15 years of railroad retirement to fall back on and a 401k. There are a few other factors like if I have to take care of my parents or not, but ideally I would like to have 7.5 mil in investments hopefully making at least 4% giving me 300k a year to live on.
If you learned to trade options you could consistently make 30% per year, lowering your requirement to just $1mil.

Name
Swani
If you learned to trade options you could consistently make 30% per year, lowering your requirement to just $1mil.
I'm trying man. I have been reading up on the Greeks. I did a lot of reading when you told me about the wheel strategy and have been trying to educate myself on other strategies. I just need to really formulate a plan and goal and go for it.

Reactions: Nomad74

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I don't have a specific number yet, as inflation will play a large role, but my goal is 60 years of age.
What makes you all so gull sure you'll still be alive.....plan for the worst....if the better happens all the better....you say retire and God jus laughs.......
I will say all the prayin... and deal making over my wife.......she actually SED to me that she's starting to feel better.....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I love this gig too much to quit. I'll be 61 this year.- so I'm just a kid, and look it too in my bedazzled jeans.

I recently Sat on a plane next to a young female (below 35) who looked like Dakota Johnson.
We hit it off and had many things in common. She even whispered to me, "I Like experiencing new things and I really enjoy Sex"
I then start to make comments about being married and hints as to my age.-- Ugh!:hopeless:

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot
Name
Evets
I love this gig too much to quit. I'll be 61 this year.- so I'm just a kid, and look it too in my bedazzled jeans.

I recently Sat on a plane next to a young female (below 35) who looked like Dakota Johnson.
We hit it off and had many things in common. She even whispered to me, "I Like experiencing new things and I really enjoy Sex"
I then start to make comments about being married and hints as to my age.-- Ugh!:hopeless:
lol
I'm mean, YIKES!

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
lol
I'm mean, YIKES!
Since working out at the gym and transforming my body, I'm amazed at the number of young women who will approach me.

Women are aggressive if they like what they see.
I had a young blond, under 30 maybe, come up to me, say I smelled good, plant a kiss on my lips, and give me a naughty look, while I stood there stunned. ALL I could think was, would this be happening if she knew my age?

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't need to. It's the vibe I give off that matters.
Had a 22 year old who thought I was under 29.

It's the MB Lifetime Supportive Membership tattoo, women folk go kookoo over a man who shows commitment.

PXL_20240224_041012752~4.jpg

Reactions: Papa John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom