When will enough be enough?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
rctpks said:
I hate the Chem Dry corporate, yes.

*** I don't hate the people, but I certainly don't think I could fight a side by side battle with them either. They support and stand behind some of out industries biggest hucksters. They have hurt and continue to inflict pain on people I care about.

They slam this place lumping us all as "the hate board". I hate to be petty but I honesty don't think side by side is me.

There are those with selfish and/or greedy motivation who promulgate the discord.

Take care,
Lisa

Lora Olson

I don't stand side-by-side, associate with, speak to or deal with anyone I do not trust.

Just my personal philosphy in life...no matter who it is.

I'm also not big into drama. My path is usually to ignore until it becomes hateful/harmful.

When "things" get to that point, then, no matter the source, action should and sometimes must be taken.

Principles must stand for something, and the "can't we just all get along" depends on who the other's are that we are "supposed" to be getting along with. I was raised by a man who saw very little "gray" in the world. Things are pretty much black and white, and when you start to justify your's or other's actions your principles are gone and you live life in the "gray" areas.

I choose not to be that type of person. Things are pretty much black and white, right and wrong, kind or mean, good and bad. The more tolerance we have for gray, the more gray we are going to have in this world.

The only definition of black and white I can live by are my own, and my sense of justice and fairness and they have kept my on a path in my life that I feel good about.

That's my $.02 on the subject. I guess everyone just needs to think about who they associate with in "life" in general and make their decisions from there.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I understand John. We all have good and bad within us from the basically best of us to the basically worst of us. There are good people on ***. And there are good people who have been led astray by those who wish to serve their personal agendas.

Life is gray. There is little black or white. It's not "us" or "them", it's OUR industry. Sure the industry has some bad eggs....more than most realize, but it's overwhelmingly populated by great people......on both forums. Just realize that the best may not be the most vocal....and are likely not the most caustic.

Take care,
Lisa

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Jeff,

When we got our first TM it came with 6 5-gallon tanks...3 were Part A, 3 were Part B...sucked! Now we have 2 15-gallon tanks and 1 part product. It takes 3 packages of "Natural IV" to mix a 15 gallon tank...so 6 packs @ roughly $6.00 per pack...$36.00 for 30 gallons (can clean 5-8 rooms depending on soil level). And it does SUCK to only have 120 psi...the worst part of the system (imo)...would not hurt if we could crank up to 300-350 (if needed)....but it's not an option. Especially now that we offer T&G cleaning, why not offer a TM with adjustable (up to 1,200) psi?? The TM's are over $20K, and we have to carry a water otter on each van for needed pressure.

I also agree with you about the bonnet cleaning...a lot of owners/operators hated the induction of the TM (real hacks), because it was really cheap to wash some pads and run a buffer...now that's all changed, and I'm happy about that. Because CD truly was a hack company with bonnet only cleaning (the old Velda-portable was a joke). There are HWE hacks and pad hacks alike, if i wasn't in carpet cleaning and both were explained to me...I'd (logically) go with the HWE...CD marketed their VLM system very good and gave HWE a black eye (some deserved it, a lot didn't).

Lora Olson

truckmount girl said:
I understand John. We all have good and bad within us from the basically best of us to the basically worst of us. There are good people on ***. And there are good people who have been led astray by those who wish to serve their personal agendas.

Life is gray. There is little black or white. It's not "us" or "them", it's OUR industry. Sure the industry has some bad eggs....more than most realize, but it's overwhelmingly populated by great people......on both forums. Just realize that the best may not be the most vocal....and are likely not the most caustic.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa, that was me, not John. And it's okay if you see life as gray, I have a different perspective.

Lora Olson

admiralclean said:
Am I not speaking English?

Was there too much southern in there for you to unnerstdn?

I'm wondering how you interpreted what I said as being pissy, since it is hard to determine "pissyness" without hearing a tone of voice.

As for being able to understand you and your "southern" english, no often I do not understand you.

Lora Olson

admiralclean said:
I don't have to hear your voice to know you're being pissy.

You're a woman. :p

Hey Marty...how's this for pissy...KMA!

NOW YOU KNOW I'M BEING PISSY!!!

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lora is my favorite female poster. I love her. I still giggle to myself when I think of her snappy "...those weren't concubines, they were wives!" comeback from a while back.

John did well when he got her!

Take care,
Lisa

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Mikey P said:
the Encap/Cimex myht should not even be in the top five.

maybe justifying in our minds that scrub and run techniques could be.

1.Glides
2.Internet marketing
3.Bulletin Board awareness
4.2.5/High Performance TM tweaks
and....

Number 4? Several decades old, not one decade for 2.5. Of course I always had the Steam Way advantage. How things have changed though.

Have to also agree with glides and internet bulletin boards.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i dont remember you telling me that Jimmy. very interesting! i wish i was on the forums back then.

Lora Olson

!

Lisa...thank you. I don't often come up with great zingers, but that one was easy.

I think one of the best things about friends is that they can easily agree to disagree, and each are the richer for bringing different opinions and life experiences.

I don't make friends easily, but you know you've made it when you've slept in the Princess bed! :wink:

And as you know, you are always welcome, anytime, in the Princess bed! 8)

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
for me it would have to be the internet and forums like this, without it I would still be at the mercy of the local supplier

GG is a very close second

harryhides

Name
Tony
steve frasier said:
for me it would have to be the internet and forums like this, without it I would still be at the mercy of the local supplier

Ditto, the only downside to the internet is the small number of unsavory, ignert and incessantly pouty people I have had to endure.

:mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
harryhides said:
steve frasier said:

Ditto, the only downside to the internet is the small number of unsavory, ignert and incessantly pouty people I have had to endure.

:mrgreen:

POOR hArrIEt...It must be LoNeLY...at the TOP.... :(

"I would think you would COPE with the LonElIneSS by now.." :roll:
It must have been VERY hard on you...always being the LAST boy chosen..on the PlAyGrOuNd..
But ...I bet you were a great lIttLe ..."rEsTrOOm mOniTer"... :wink:

Is that where you dEvElOpEd...your DRY sense of hUmOr... :?:
NEVER PARTICIPATING IN THE "pool" OF LIVE.... :D

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
I have been with out a glide for 4 days now and I could not see myself doing this for long with out one.
A lot of cleaners here don't believe in glides, that's fine with me. I will take all their customers while they are recovering from surgery :lol:

Lora Olson

Mikey P said:
I think Lora should represent Olson Used Cars and Greenhorn Supply at M6F next year.

But I'm not allowed to go. That's John's trip with the guys weekend. So...you'll just have to survive without me. :roll:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Lora Olson said:
[quote="Mikey P":4jf4xegr]I think Lora should represent Olson Used Cars and Greenhorn Supply at M6F next year.

But I'm not allowed to go. That's John's trip with the guys weekend. So...you'll just have to survive without me. :roll:[/quote:4jf4xegr]

NOT ALLOWED TO GO!!!! :shock:
Remind him who has the pussy.

Take care,
Lisa

joe harper

Name
joe harper
NOT ALLOWED TO GO!!!!
Remind him who has the pussy.

Take care,
Lisa

"NEWS FLASH..".......... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

"To my KnOwLeDegE.." They haven't STOP making them...[pussies]... :shock:

"And you WOn'T.." Find one HaNgInG..on a rusty nail in a JuNkYaRd... :wink:

Doesn't seem to be any "ShOrTaGe".....In the Supply & Demand...MaRkEt... :!:

Ps I Prefer to NEWER modles.... :D ....The HIGH milage ones...are a LOT of maintaince...
Plus they seem to be a lot...LOUDER..... :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
truckmount girl said:
ROFLMAO@Harper.

Take care,
Lisa

Lisa,

You are the BEST SPORT in the WORLD..... :!: :!: :!:

Your Husband is ONE LUCKY man.... :wink:

carry on.. :lol: