when would you use a grout saw?

TimP

To grind out cracked grout to replace it. Or to grind away an imprefection or stain in grout ever so slightly that won't go away with an acid cleaner. The nice thing about them is they are designed to not damage the surface of the tile easily.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
what do you use to repair grout lines, grout mixed with what? mikey said to add somthing one time but i cannot remember..

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Your best bet is to repair it with the original grout if at all possible. And sell them sealer and seal the entire floor. Some customers may have a little grout left by the tile setter for said repairs. We generally leave them a small bag for just that purpose. Otherwise pickup a few grout charts from your local supplier and match that grout. You may check with your customer to see if they have their invoice from the floor install.. highly unlikely but sometimes they come through for you. Often the brand of grout will be stated. And if the homeowner performed the job themselves, they will often know what brand grout they used. Just my 0.02 cents.

TimP

sweendogg said:
Your best bet is to repair it with the original grout if at all possible. And sell them sealer and seal the entire floor. Some customers may have a little grout left by the tile setter for said repairs. We generally leave them a small bag for just that purpose. Otherwise pickup a few grout charts from your local supplier and match that grout. You may check with your customer to see if they have their invoice from the floor install.. highly unlikely but sometimes they come through for you. Often the brand of grout will be stated. And if the homeowner performed the job themselves, they will often know what brand grout they used. Just my 0.02 cents.

I have to agree. Directions are on the bag, you usually mix with water. For small repairs mix in a cup with a stiring device of some sort. Use a sponge to wipe up with a bucket of water after it sits for about 20 min or so. Refer to bag to make sure I'm acurate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom