Where are the pics of Greenies 2.5" port upgrade?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Apparently, I'm an idiot. I haven't been able to find it using the search function. Anyone have the link?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Thanks Luddy. There's actually another one for us with inferior machines. Find that one too and you're my hero.

Rex Tyus

Dirk,
It is the last picture on that stream. The one with the offset ports. He may be able to have it made in a single port for 47 blowers and down. Email him or PM I am not sure. But dude let me tell you it rocks. 8) The increased air flow is way more than you could imagine. Especially on a clutch drive system, as we are limiting the blowers capacity the most.

Greenie

Keep in mind these are Brand New items, I've not even got them refined yet, these pics are of the first 2 or 3 I pulled from the shop bench, I rushed my welder to crank these out as guys were waiting patiently for a long time for the first ones.

We will be making more in larger runs later this month and refining them as we go.

As of right now, the dual ports are on a 6" x 9" plate, and the singles are on a 6"x6", but i will be going to a 5x5 on the next run so more guys can make use of them. I will also make a dual "straight" port version for side tank mounting it will not have the smooth 90º elbows.

These can receive raw 2.5" hose or a Vinyl hose cuff.

Here are the ready for sale pics, including rubber gasket and stainless hardware.

Somebody will ask, the suggested retail with gasket/bolts is $59 for the single, and $125 for the double, avail. soon from any GG distributor.

DSC02069.jpg

DSC02072.jpg

DSC02073.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

DSC02066.jpg

Rex Tyus

Most cost effective way to improve vacuum I can think of. I tried the 2 -2"to a y. No comparison to the 2.5" straight off the tank. Plus you can run your 2.5 " hose as long as you want then go to a 2" lead. Much more convenient than 2-2" hoses.

2.5" upgrade. Not just for V/AT's anymore.

Wandslinger

Name
Tom Meyer
I was able to schmooz a single port from Greenie for my Powermatic. I'll tell you this, with a 2" PVC elbow off the wastetank and 50 ' of 2.5 inch, my lift was reading about 8 or 9 inches. When I converted over to the Greenie's set up, my reading is now about 3 inches of lift. That tells me the resistricition point has been removed or reduced and I'm getting net lift now without any outside drag factors.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I believe most TM have the vacuum line for the gage off the fitting nearest the blower. Would the reading vary depending where this line was installed? For example what if it was located in the recovery tank somewhere? Wouldn't this be more accurate?

G

The y is nice but has been around the auto industry for years. You can get one made of steel for around 25.00 or buy a piece of ss tubing and a muffler shop can do it for around 45.00 for labor. You can get done faster and save some money at mienke.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Considering what we make per hour, why in the hell would I spend the time to save that few of dollars? Opportunity cost is probably one of the most valuable things I learned in college.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Shane T said:
I believe most TM have the vacuum line for the gage off the fitting nearest the blower. Would the reading vary depending where this line was installed? For example what if it was located in the recovery tank somewhere? Wouldn't this be more accurate?

Shane, I'd have to look on mine to be positive, but I'm pretty sure the vac gage on a powermatic is plumbed into the waste tank.

Tom, did you pop the reducer out of the stock vac port and run 2.5 that way before you installed the Greenie port?

and did you install the Greenie port on the waste tank lid, or on the side of tank?

If on the lid, does it ever suck water into the blower?

thanks

..L.T.A.

G

Dirk, I can only say , I have seen very successfull families use products that did not cost as much as some. The one thing I learned all theses years watching the Maloofs amass a fortune, and several other families thaT I know . If you can get a product that does the same thing and cost less one has more money to do more with.

The Preacher

can someone show pics of Nicks HD/Lowes Water Claw!!! LOL

PS i bet a muffler shop would need to see pics, and where would you send em, but to Greenies design???

G

Danny,greenie took the design of his Y from the muffler biz. All g did was make it shiney and have a high fabricatoer do the work and claim he invented it.

The Preacher

and nary a bad review from the cleaners who have purchased em.

i'm glad Lisa & Greenie get the best fabricators to make their stuff. ya can't even tell their factory 2nd glides are 2's. being cheep is one thing, not getting the best when you can is another!!!

A very rich Texan said he hired people smarter and more talented than him, and he smiled all the way to the bank.

his name is Ross Perot!!!

Name
Bruce
freeflow said:
Danny,greenie took the design of his Y from the muffler biz. All g did was make it shinny and have a high fabricator do the work and claim he invented it.
I don't think he's claiming he invented the "Y" . He's sure is using the "Y" to be an innovator in the carpet cleaning industry. [/quote]

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nick:

I have no problem with smart posters exposing shifty BB salesmen, but I do have a problem with shifty internet salesmen trying to slam an honest business with a really good product for sale.

Tell me this ... are the Texas muffler shops in your area so much better than the muffler shops in mine? I mean, not to many muffler shops have the skill, or need, to weld aluminum. Not too much aluminum in a cars exhaust system.

Greenie's port is bent on a ball mandrel to prevent kinking and wrinkling. Muffler shops don't do this, since it's not too big of a deal on a freakin Ford.

How about the custom 1/8" rubber gasket and stainless hardware? Gonna get that locally?

Hey dude ... as I said, nothing wrong with exposing dishonesty, or price gouging, but your agenda is kinda obvious.

I mean ... even for a BDCC, $59 is just not a lot of money.

G

You can find that gasket at several places. Look Porkster, I was just pointing out other ways of doing things. That is all. I was talking the y set up not the other stuff he has. Now that you mention it though. I will find some way to save money on that to. Give me a few days I will give you advice on where you can get one done inexpensive.

Mcmaster carr sells the gasket, that gusset looks pretty said with the goober welds.

I guess going Eddie Hills place you see these tubular bends on 400 thousand dollar dragster headers. I guess on a 400 thousand dollar dragster you want them to look a little nicer than a 100 thousand dollar vortex.

I guess we need to compromise on quality somewhere.

G

Is ken hairass part greek???

Is freeflow part kenadian???

I wonder if there is a 'Y' in that family tree???

hogjowl

Idiot™
Carry on, Nick. I'll spend the $20 extra to have a professionally made, quality product on my truck. Image is everything.

However, I realize plenty of carpet cleaners run in dumps, and jerry rigged TM's have their appeal to many.

If grease and beer cans adorn the interior of your van, then you must be a BDCC. And, $20 means a lot, huh?

G

Lucky for me , neither is in my van. Ya now marty this is the most ya said in years. I will be driven thru in a few weeks goin to Florida. I will by ya lunch.

G

Alex did I ever say it was original Idea. just getting on the band wagon. Yes I should have buffed and shined the box up before posting it. However I wanted to get it up on the web site.. Say Allen would ya like to do lunch over at Shady oaks on monday. A bunch of us cleaners are meeting there monday.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Thank you, Alex. If you had asked me to think of what I would expect a "quality made" Nick product to look like, that is exactly what I would have imagined.

No doubt that's a garage made product.

Rex Tyus

OMFG!

I don't even know how to start but I will try.

Nick, my good man (I mean that sincerely. I really do like you[at least your on line personality cause we have never met]). But come on dude. You criticize Greenie for subbing out his metal work and you sell something like that. :roll: . If you are nice to Greenie he might give you the number to his machinist. Cause that box is gonna need more than a little buffing to look worth a shit. Before you ask me how well I can weld I will tell you not worth a damn. Hence the reason I buy stuff from The Green Team. 8)

Well, you might get the number from Lisa. :p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom