where can I get a splitter for my solution line ?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
you can build it at a fraction of the cost......you can get the brass block tee and the nipples at your local hardware store and then just put the male and female quick connects on it

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Jim Martin said:
you can build it at a fraction of the cost......you can get the brass block tee and the nipples at your local hardware store and then just put the male and female quick connects on it

Jim I think you have got the tinkering all buggered up. It isn't cheaper to build it yourself at least not at our price. Figure up the prices for 2 Parker Females 1 Parker Male 2 1/4mpt 90's and a Street T then add in the time to go find the parts and then get back to me on what it cost you.

I'm not sure what your time is worth but if it takes you more then 5 minutes to do all that then it is one very expensive splitter your building.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas

Jim I think you have got the tinkering all buggered up. It isn't cheaper to build it yourself at least not at our price. Figure up the prices for 2 Parker Females 1 Parker Male 2 1/4mpt 90's and a Street T then add in the time to go find the parts and then get back to me on what it cost you.

I'm not sure what your time is worth but if it takes you more then 5 minutes to do all that then it is one very expensive splitter your building.[/quote:23f08ey1]

I have learned that myself and agree.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Parker female Stainless QC.....1/4 inch...2@...$3.33...each....$6.66
Parker male Stainless QC....$1.46
$4.00 for shipping....

1.. street tee.....$3.89
2.. 1/4 inch 90's.......$2.69...........2@..$2.69 each .....$5.38
Roll of Teflon tape if you don't have it on the shelf already......99 cents
10 min pick up at the local hardware store in between jobs....

Total cost.....$22.38....
Total time to put it together....15 min.....about the same time I stand around and wait for my tank to refill at the end of the day....My time is very valuable to me.....But saving money on stupid little stuff is is just as important.........

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Warren,

Have you dual wanded with this truckmount before?

I ask that because if you haven't, a splitter won't work with 2 wands, unless it is fed by a 3/8" ID pressure line, and then split into two 1/4" steam lines.

You can't get enough flow for 2 wands unless it is set up 3/8" to two 1/4".

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Where are you buying Parker Hanifin SS Females for $3.33? I want to order 2000 of them right now. Hell if I could get brass that cheap i'll order 2000 as well and 1.46 for stainless? Please tell me where.

R

R W

I agree!! I just paid about $15 for a set of Parker 60 Series QD's, and they were brass. I'd love to grab some SS QD's for that price.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the new book was wrong and so was I they are not SS............I checked it back with my older catalog and they are brass.........and in the older catalog they are a little more expensive ..so I will call them on Monday....

Name
Lee Stockwell
I keep one 100' section of double wire 3/8" solution hose wrapped on the inside of my vacuum reel. Doesn't take up much space there. On the working end I have a brass tee with shutoff valve and two female quick couplers. Don't use it very often, usually for high pressure stuff and big jobs. As Bob Savage very correctly noted you can't dual off of a 1/4" line unless doing upholstery.

Thanks,
Lee

-JB-

Name
JB

4e009e8a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom