Where did you find you're best employee?

Ron K

Now, I married my best everything a long time ago. That being said I'm sure a lot of you will say your spouse/family are your best employees, but.... Been going through a dry spell as far as finding good help goes. Craigslist,friends kids employees friends not having success. That damm tumbler is looking like my best employee so far this year but it won't load itself.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Got lucky and found one through our accountants office. Went through a bunch of duds before that.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Saiger seems to find some nice young guys. It's hard to say. My last 2 young guys were flakes, my best ever employee was a woman and she had the nerve to go and get married. My next one is a vietnamese guy that I have known for years, about my age (50 something) I think you have to hire and fire until you find the right one. Maybe look at yourself and think, would I want to work for that guy?

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
The best guys we had were brothers. They were friends with George's niece. Very nice, intelligent, hardworking, trustworthy and responsible.
But the dumbasses wanted to be doctors, so when they graduated city college and moved on to med school we lost them. :hopeless:

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Pizza joints.... Restaurants... Through teacher friends of mine who see good ambitious kids...

And my daughters have brought home some... Son in law Aron Jewett is definitely a keeper :)

It is hard though... I took a year and half before replaced the last one...

Feeling grateful and lucky right now...

Allen Heppner in Canada hires all girls... The girls bring their friends and they have been with him quite a while.... All great cleaners too (our daughters were the same)

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I married a tough ol' Tarheel and her sister had this daughter who at three was scared of my motorcycle but had a baby at twenty. That kid grew up and has two roommates and all three of them are great elves. My foreman I found when my late Dad mentored a local pastor and we met a good family whose son worked at Chic fil-a. They failed to see his potential
So I hired him and he is fantastic.

It is a complicated system, but hey!

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Has anybody here ever really stolen an employed person form another business?

SFS talks about doing so all the time but how do you go about luring someone over to being a janitor from their cuush grocery bagger or *$ barista job?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
My shop is in an industrial park and people stop in a few times a month and craigslist.

Wing It

Supportive Member
Name
John Wingfield
One of my guys is a best friend, one is a long time friend/acquaintance that has become a best friend, one is a family member of a friend and two more I found on craigslist. Start with people that have close friends or relatives that can vouch for them as being a good fit. Once that is exhausted move to craigslist or the FREE indeed.com (do not pay them!) and post the benefits of working for you. The two guys I got from craigslist are musicians who value their free time during the day and enjoy working at night for us.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Has anybody here ever really stolen an employed person form another business?

SFS talks about doing so all the time but how do you go about luring someone over to being a janitor from their cuush grocery bagger or *$ barista job?
I almost tried it. I saw a Stanley kid, young and good looking at the bank. Changed my mind, I didn't want to have to reprogram.

Reactions: Mikey P and Wing It

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom