Where does everyone find cleaning technicians

Josh Adler

hey guys, i was wondering where everyone found experienced cleaning technicians. I have put a couple ad's on craigslist and haven't found anything special. Going into the busy season it would be tough to get a guy fully trained and by the time i do the slow season will be coming around...any suggestions?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
When i need help, the LAST thing i want is an experienced tech...that jus means that i gotta RE-TEACH them the right way....and most of the time bad habits can't be changed....

You MUST be a very good judge of character, because the FIRST thing you want is HONESTY....you can teach the rest......

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
You can do lots of little things to test them. Use your imagination. Place opportunity for the dishonest at their fingertips.

danpauselius

Had a new guy along with some of my regulars for a job last night. He mentions that he "occasionally partakes in marijuana". The regular who recommended this guy was mortified, he said he had no idea and the guy has always worked really hard.

Well, he did work hard but there are two problems as I see it:

1. What kind of dip$shit tells his new boss that he smokes weed within 15 minutes of meeting him?

2. How could I bring a guy like this into my accounts and my customers homes?

Sorry dude ... you done!

Josh Adler

the problem i have with hiring someone with no experience is that i will be training him when its busy and he will be ready to go during the slower season (Jan,Feb,March) and tough to keep him busy. I would love to be able to hire/train a person on character but at this time it just doesnt fit

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
so lemmie see if i got this right..

you're looking for an experienced tech that you can bury with work for the next couple months, probably for $8 or $10 bukz an hour, or if he's "really" lucky, you'll give him 18 to 20% of the ticket, make him do call backs for for free, then dump him when things slow down?

is that about it?

good luck

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
JAFourStar said:
hey guys, i was wondering where everyone found experienced cleaning technicians. I have put a couple ad's on craigslist and haven't found anything special. Going into the busy season it would be tough to get a guy fully trained and by the time i do the slow season will be coming around...any suggestions?

Right here. I require I Vortex pimped by greenie, with a full vinyl wrap, featuring my ugly mug 7 ft tall! I keep the title.

I also require a $60,000 signing bonus

Food and lodging

A Lamborgini with our logo on it for doing estimates

and 60% gross of every job performed.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Kevin Bunce said:
You can do lots of little things to test them. Use your imagination. Place opportunity for the dishonest at their fingertips.

I find that when I clean really really nice homes. Everything is in place, they have a housekeeper tidying up around the clock, there is no mis-placed item on any surface in the entire house, except, in each and every room there is a pile of bills and coin placed somewhere. HMMMM... I wonder why? I just add a coin or two to each stack as I clean each room. It's fun knowing that they are counting it up as I drive away and they find they earned $2.17....

Dolly

Gary, that is quite neat there what you do

It reminded of my mother telling us back in the day. the 30's, that when her mother went to work and she had the job of cleaning, Granny placed pennies in strategic places to make sure my mother did not miss anything.

The only problem with that is she made my mother HATE cleaning because if my mother did not find all the pennies she got an ass whipping. My Great Grandmother sort of confirmed that.

How much better to have made a fun game out of it where my mother got to keep the pennies that were hidden and see how much she could have saved up for something to buy.

Back in the day, many times they used negative motivation. Not bad sometimes, but not so good others.

In those days though, life was real hard because of the depression, so they lived in fear all the time about where the next nickel would come from to put food on the table. My parents grew up in the City of New York
My Dad from Brooklyn and my mother from Maspeth. My dad many times talked about the bread lines.

My granny was a book binder and Grandpa worked in a bar.

Hard times. Young folks today cannot relate to that because they do not have parents who were taught to make everything you have into something you could use, people made everything stretch and put to good use.

When my Dad and my Uncle were teaching us to clean, they always gave the reward for good work. If anything needed to be done over again, you had the opportunity to work at it to get it right and then still got the reward for work first, play second. They were both military fellas.

Your story just reminded me of that. It was a good one Gary.

Hard times teach you actually to strive, think, create just to name a few.

I know this is off subject somewhat, but your story brought back those memories "Of the good ole Days" Which some of them actually were.

Josh Adler

Gary, i wish i could afford you,you cant find people with that kind of a sense of humor around here. ITS PRICELESS! let me know when i can get ya out here to help

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I've used this letter to our customers in the past and had decent results:

WE’VE GOT A PROBLEM!

So many people want Hagopian value that we can’t serve them all! Oh, we have the trucks and equipment, but we need more quality people.

AND WE’LL PAY YOU $100.00 TO HELP US FIND THEM!*

Here’s all you have to do. Tell you’re friends and family about the exciting career opportunities available at Hagopian Cleaning Services and if we hire them

WE’LL PAY YOU $100.00!*

Why are we doing this? It is simple, we need to hire quality people. We could put an ad in the paper, but we would rather have referrals from our customers. You know, the kind of people you would want in your home.

This is a full time career position working Monday through Friday with every other Saturday. Plus the voluntary overtime is almost endless! We are a drug free workplace, so a pre-employment drug test is mandatory. A pleasant personality and good work ethic are a must.

We offer an industry leading compensation and benefits package, including choice of medical and dental plans and a 401 K retirement savings plan. We are one of the largest cleaning companies in the nation so employees have many opportunities for advancement.

*If you know of a quality-orientated person who desires an interesting career with a winning team, give them my name and have them call me at (248) 399-2323 and after their first month of employment, we will give you

$100.00!

Rex Tyus

Brian H,

That is very impressive. That has to be the most eloquent way of saying crack heads need not apply. :p

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Like Brian said we had pretty good results with that letter on a couple of occasions and I think we may have even increased it to $250 for another one. We also get a lot of employees via recommendations from other employees. People tend to not recommend a friend unless they feel they would be a good fit as they don;t want to be embarrassed.

ken
Ps Darlene that was a nice story and I totally agree about positive reinforcement being much more effective. I don't agree that young people today have a bad work ethic though. I believe that people are people and there have been hard working and lazy ones in every generation.

Josh Adler

your right about that Ken. I was brought up to always work hard and earn my money. i see alot of kids my age (22) still lazy and in high school mode.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom