WHere to find Steamway burner coil

John Watson

How do you spell "Ducks?" How do you spell "Oregon?"

Sure hope you are alot carpet smarter than youse spelling!!!! (Look Where you said you were from)

Guess you missed all the letters and emails and board posting about the SteamWay closing of their equipment division.. They did have in big print that parts were still going to be available from them for many years....So I guess in answer to your question,

carpetsmart said:
Where would someone find a heating coil for a Steamway powermatic now that they shut down?

Same place I bought mine 28 years ago when a dummy employee forgot to put the truck in the heated warehouse after doing a night job in freezing weather. SteamWay in Denver CO. Whats your name???

carpetsmart

Thanks John,
I just signed up to this site yesterday so, I missed all the previous postings and how to spell "Orygun". Hopefully I will increase in knowledge ans site navigation as I use it. I am a 30 years+ carpet installer and all of this is new to me. I just loaned out my spare coil and thought I'd better get on finding a backup. I bought a used machine. That has been an education in itself. Thanks again, Tom

Mikey P

Administrator
Don't listen to Watson.

He is so fat and obnoxious that his wife makes him answer the phone while she goes out and does the cleaning.

John Watson

But, Mikey me boy, That there cleanining by Helen, gets done perrrrrrrfectly whilst I stays home and paints my toes wit the grout sealer and eats the bon bons,

Sorry!!!!

Mikey, don't you gotta go sniff coopers farts as you chase him on the segway somemore???

Carpetsmart, (Tom) I appoligize for you bieng new to the board, and can understand how come it took you so long to find us. We have been here almost two years.

Is it true that carpet installers only need to know 3 things??

Fuzzy side up, wall to wall and payday is on friday???

Soorrrry!!!!!!!

Tom, come particapate in the Tool box when you get a chance, there is a couple of true Mechanic in there..

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Geez a lil' help here guys. :? Maybe a Steam Way dist. "hint hint" might be the one you would refer him to "hint hint" :roll:

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
I would not count on that Steamway Super Store for a coil!! Mine went out a few years back and would have had to wait at least a month!!! Fortunately, my distributor knew of a guy that had a coil in an old Mastermatic that wasn't to far away as was able to only be down a few days. :D Talked to my distributor's head machanic that works on Steamway, as well as other machines in Billings and he told me of another guy that had to wait 3 months!!! :shock: I know that Steamway says that they will handle parts for their truckmounts that they quit making, but somehow I would not have that confidence in them to stick to that. :roll:

Tile Nerd

Call New England Steamway. They can get you anything you need.

Here's there number.

Tel: 800-322-5321/203-269-8412

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
all I was saying is that my distributor said that the Steamway in Denver wasn't able to get him a coil for 3 months. Where do you distributors get your Steamway parts?? From the Steamway Super Store right?? :?
Or isn't the Steamway Super Store the same as Steamway in Denver???

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Doug D said:
all I was saying is that my distributor said that the Steamway in Denver wasn't able to get him a coil for 3 months. Where do you distributors get your Steamway parts?? From the Steamway Super Store right?? :?
Or isn't the Steamway Super Store the same as Steamway in Denver???

Your sorta right. I don't get my coils from them I get them from where they get them. Long story but when things where tight there where deals made to help clear up the bottle neck of parts going through Steam Way International. There is more to the story but it isn't for public cunsumption :)

R

R W

If you are still looking for a SW coil, try Steamway Express in Ohio.....they may have one.

1-866-859-1011

RW

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom