Which brush for a 175 on tile.

Name
Ross Martin
Been using my CRB on residential tile and usually getting great results.

Have had a few job recently with white grout lines that have not been 100%, despite 2 steps. First alkaline and second acid.

I understand that especially in a kitchen I may not get heavily stained white grout back to perfect.

But wondering if a more aggressive pre-scrub will help my results.

Thinking in these situations I might use one of these brushes with a 13 inch 175. Which should I get, the Medium, 160, or Heavy, 80?
http://www.powr-flite.com/category/accessories/floor-machine-accessories/brushes.do

Thanks.

Tile_Grout_Cleaning_Process.jpg

Name
Ross Martin
Yes

With caution..
Had seen the banner, but was thinking too aggressive.

Read product description and will order. Thanks.

I read where you use Cobb's acid. Do you dilute?

Stainless Steel Grout Brush
Our most aggressive grout brush yet!
Every once in a while a tool comes along that makes your job so much easier you wonder how you ever lived without it. This is one of those tools. The stainless steel grout brush will easily clean up stains you either thought were permanent or had to use harsh cleaners to remove. Paint? No problem. It’ll cut right through it and won’t damage grout. Embedded oil and grease? After a few strokes the tile will look like new. The bristles are stiff enough to dig deep into the pores in grout and scrub out dirt, yet soft and pliant enough that they don’t damage or tear out grout.

The stainless steel brush won’t rust, so you don’t have to worry about leaving orange stains on grout, and is easily cleaned up.

Name
Damon
The best brush, aside from manual action or a CRB, is the one used with the Orbot. The brush is cut to actually get in the grout lines.

Great pic by the way. Are you following with a spinner or is this CRB only?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Does Cobb really have an acid tile cleaner, or is it Viper Venom, or some other mfgs product?

Yes he does, but you'll never, ever find it (unless you realize he has it listed as grout cleaner). :biggrin:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1097

And Viper Venom isn't acid - it's alkaline. Viper Renew is the acid one.....

@Larry Cobb - want to double your sales of this product? Just put "Tile" somewhere in the description so folks can find it! :oldrolleyes:

Name
Nate W.
Yes he does, but you'll never, ever find it (unless you realize he has it listed as grout cleaner). :biggrin:

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65&products_id=1097

And Viper Venom isn't acid - it's alkaline. Viper Renew is the acid one.....

@Larry Cobb - want to double your sales of this product? Just put "Tile" somewhere in the description so folks can find it! :oldrolleyes:

If you keep up with his "well formulated" posts, you'd know how to find it.... :lol:

Reactions: dgardner

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know, I CALLED them and ASKED for their acid tile cleaner! Some woman told me they didn't have one, and sent me that over-concentrated Viper stuff!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
You know, I CALLED them and ASKED for their acid tile cleaner! Some woman told me they didn't have one, and sent me that over-concentrated Viper stuff!
She's not the only one who's had trouble navigating that web site.

Reactions: dgardner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom