Which first?

Lonny

Supportive Member
I have been using a 1 1/2" wand, and my porty with 2 3 stage vacs in parallel. I am wanting to upgrade to a 2" wand and also get two more 2 stage vacs as a booster. My question is what do you think would be more beneficial for recovery/ dry times- the wand or the extra vacs?
Thanks!

A

amazingcleansc

If you got the wand without the vacs, you would run the risk of not having enough air velocity to effectively extract water. (how many cfm/in. of lift is your machine rated for?)

Also, do you use a glide? A glide is the cheapest way to maximize water retrieval.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Y'all are right, I left out a lot of info there. It is a 2" hose with glided wand. The plumbing is also 2" to the machine, with dual stacks on the inside. I am not sure of the motor specs, cause they were listed with the motors in series on 1 stack with 1.5" plumbing- and I haven't tested them after all the upgrades. I can tell you it is an EDIC Galaxy pro with the hi performance 3 stage vacs.

Brett

Recoil with internal filters removed, 5' 2" hose to hydro filter with stainless basket, 50' 2" to Mytee 2 stage booster, 20' 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 AW29 with hole glide and I can pick low cut plush off the pad a little bit. Booster does make a difference.

Lonny

Supportive Member
Brett-
I had a 3rd 3 stage in there and it would pick carpet up off the pile with 100' of 2" hose and a glided 1 1/2" wand. The only problem was the system was imbalanced- 2 vacs in parallel, one by itself.

Brett

3 equal 3 stages, a balanced booster, 2" hose to 2" wand and glide is a strong system. 4 cords though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom