Which pump up sprayer for carpet protector?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi,
I would like to start offering carpet protector on my jobs but at this time I don't have the money for a really nice electric sprayer.
There are a whole lot of Hudson sprayers and other brands as well with viton parts on e-bay.Lot's of choices so I'm confused.
Can you guys recommend one that looks professional and is reliable and practical? What is the best jet size for protector and what is the recommended pressure to apply the stuff? Is there a pump sprayer that has a pressure meter?
Thanks

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I looked at that Hydroforce sprayer and it seems very solid and professional.
I'm just not sure about how long a sprayer like that would keep the required pressure(is it 50psi?)for the application of protector. If it had some kid of reading it would be helpful. Would it be possible to retrofit some kind of pressure gauge on a sprayer like that?How critical is it really to have that exact pressure? Is it OK to just eyeball it?
On the other hand I found this sprayer on e-bay. It's in my budget(sort of) and it might just be a better way to go.
What do you guys think?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0565243561

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use one like Keith's for solvent based protectors for upholstery, we also have one we apply OMS with when drycleaning upholstery. It's a great sprayer for solvents, we've never used it for water base carpet protectors.

The MultiSprayer Spray1's we use for preconditioning standard care upholstery with. Great sprayer, but we've also never tried it for protector.
The negative would probably be you would be changing jugs a lot, 1-gallon won't cover much.

We use the Multisprayer 2.5 gallon larger units.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I'm thinking about using fourguard,haven't bought any yet so I don't know about coverage.. How many 1 gal jugs would I need for a regular 3 br house with maybe 1000 sqft of carpet?

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Re: Which pump up sprayer for carpet protector?

Doc Holliday said:
We use one like Keith's for solvent based protectors for upholstery, we also have one we apply OMS with when drycleaning upholstery. It's a great sprayer for solvents, we've never used it for water base carpet protectors.

The MultiSprayer Spray1's we use for preconditioning standard care upholstery with. Great sprayer, but we've also never tried it for protector.
The negative would probably be you would be changing jugs a lot, 1-gallon won't cover much.

We use the Multisprayer 2.5 gallon larger units.

Using that sprayer for solvent protectors, do you have to flush after each use.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No Joey we just release the pressure from the can if still going to be used that day. If not funnel and return to jug.

We've never had any problems with build up or residue like you would with water base.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom