Which tool will clean quicker? Rotovac, Wand, or RX20?

White Collar

Name
Nick Petersen
I just started working alone and letting my business partner handle all marketing and water jobs.

My question is, I use a rotovac and it seems to take me forever to do any job, I need something that will allow me to work at a faster pace and not give up the quality of the rotovac, as I feel that the rotovac does a very good job.

I was thinking about switching to a wand but I really dont know if it honestly works as good at removing the deep dirt and traffic lanes.

I also was thinking RX-20 but its so costly and not sure it would be alot faster.

If anyone could give me feedback that has tried these different methods I'd really appreciate it..

Thanks Nick.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The RX-20 will also do a nice job of cleaning, but may be a little too large for furnished residential work. If the soil level of the jobs you do is on light to normal a wand should do just fine. When you cleaned trashed carpet or heavy traffic lanes is when the rotaries shine.

TimP

I used to run an RX exclusively to clean all my carpet. Since then I ordered a greenhorn wand from greenglides. Of course it don't clean as well as an RX-20 alone. However what you have to do is take care of those traffic lanes with some means of mechanical agitation or run hot emulsifier. If I had to do it over I wouldn't buy an Rx-20. I use it as a glorified 175...actually it don't spin as fast as a 175 but anyways. I'd buy a 175 rpm buffer then I'd probably buy a procaps machine for residential. A wand is much faster at rinsing and the wand also leaves the rug dryer. Of course I've never used a glide on my RX but the flow of water is slow on an RX and it seems it takes a long time to rinse. Anyways with mechanical agitation and a wand you can get results that are just as good and faster.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah i bought a used rotovac to try out and now i wish i hadnt. i cant get used to the slow speed. Do what everyone else said and get a presrcubber for the nasties (I use a procaps) and a good wand.

John Watson

If you are not using a portable with your rotoVac but have a TM with a posy blower then I would say get a glided wand, and a set of brushes for your roto. It will agitate the hell out of the TA's when needed and the wand will definitly speed you up doing a great job.

diamond brian

The Rotovac is a double-edged sword.

As a marketing tool, it can land you jobs you may not have other wise gotten.

As the world's slowest cleaning tool, it can make you wish you hadn't advertised it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom