Which van is best

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Trying to decide which van to buy.
Ford, GMC, Dodge, the Dodge Sprinter seem nice but costly.
Any opinions?

Anybody familiar with web sites that review these vehicles?
Thanks

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I prefer Fords, but I'm not "anti" Chevy

dUdge is the least of the three and not even in the same class imHo
Not to mention, they're BUTT UGLEE...

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've owned Ford, GMC & Chevy, Dodge (But not Sprinter) and they are all crap eventually.....some start out that way. :(

We are back with GMC's but only because we are getting then cheaper.

I'd buy what you like, I've not seen a significant savings in repairs over the life we have them.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rctpks said:
We've owned Ford, GMC & Chevy, Dodge (But not Sprinter) and they are all crap eventually.....some start out that way. :(

stop running van loads of illegals across those desert gulch boarder trails and they'll last longer

Marty on meAt's computer....

..L.T.A.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
We have had the best luck with chevy and gmc. Both in terms of power and reliability. But I am also not anti ford. Stay away from dodge.

BigMac41

Dodge is garbage, Chevy is a nice van but they are seeking a third bail out so who knows how that will be. Ford seems to be the more stable company and in better shape. I'd buy Ford.

Mac

Name
George Valliant
GMC and Chevy suk cuz they change their body styles every 4 years. Ford has had 1 body style change in 20 years.

So, you can buy a 1993 Ford and put fresh paint on it and it looks identical to a 2007 model.

Ford had a body style change in 93 and another in 2008. Talk about consistency.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I talked with a fleet manager and he liked the Ford (I need an extended cargo) with the V-10 engine.

He says that it will actually use less gas (less strain on engine due to load we carry) especially in hilly areas and it lasts much longer and has less problems.
What do you think?

Also, even though he sells Ford he told me to stay away from the Fords with the diesel engines.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've had Chevys and Dodges, and they both make it about 8 years before I replace them. Neither one is superior to the other. I can probably say I've done a little better with the Dodges. Thats with a CDS and a Slide in. Never had to replace an engine in a Dodge.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My next van

58063japanoid_delica_cover_keicar.jpg

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
GMs are the best for me. I used to work for a guy that used Fords his father worked for Ford he had all CDs units after going though a couple engines he switched to GM had better luck with them. but that was years ago maybe they improved since then. I dont know if the Sprinter is really a Dodge I think they are imported for doge and made by someone else.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I had two fords a 1991 and a 2002 with CDS and had engine problems, transmission problems with both.
My mechanic swears that these engines are not made to run in idle for prolonged periods of time.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
kolfer1 said:
I talked with a fleet manager and he liked the Ford (I need an extended cargo) with the V-10 engine.

He says that it will actually use less gas (less strain on engine due to load we carry) especially in hilly areas and it lasts much longer and has less problems.
What do you think?

Also, even though he sells Ford he told me to stay away from the Fords with the diesel engines.
Anybody has any experience or knowledge about the V-10 engine?

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
i have a 07 ford and a 07 sprinter....the sprinter is the better of the 2 .....space, mpg, comfort, etc etc...and its really a mercedes what more could you want

CleanEvo

I used to work for a restoration company that had dozens of vehicles. They had better luck with the GM's, that's why I got a Chevy.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I love my 09 Chevy one-ton, we've ran 3 PTO'd Chevys, no engine/transmission issues yet, and one of them ran at 2500 RPMS!

Walt

everfresh1 said:
GMs are the best for me. I used to work for a guy that used Fords his father worked for Ford he had all CDs units after going though a couple engines he switched to GM had better luck with them. but that was years ago maybe they improved since then. I dont know if the Sprinter is really a Dodge I think they are imported for doge and made by someone else.

Sprinter is made by Mercedes and licensed by Dodge and Frieghtliner. I've owned Ford and Chevy vans. It is a better vehicle than any of those by a long shot.

Walt

Willy P said:
My next van

58063japanoid_delica_cover_keicar.jpg

I'm not sure if that is the same Mitsubishi van that you could buy in the US back in the early 90's? If so, that is a kick butt van. I worked for a custom cabinet maker that had one. Even though it doesn't look like it, it had better capacity and weight rating than ford or chevy. Turned on a dime.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom