Which would you buy? And why?

Tahoesteve

I sold my trailer mount and am looking at these two truckmounts. I am not really familiar with either so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

89 GMC S30 van with Hydramaster 4.7 CDS Truckmount carpet cleaning machine.Van has new carburator, recent tune up,very good tires, new battery,and good interior.This carpet cleaning van is an ex-state vehicle professionally maintained by U.N.R. $4000
Hydramaster47.jpg

I have a 1995 chevy g30 1 ton van set up with a prochem bruin2 liquid cooled 3 cylinder duel wand capable,ready to work carpet cleaning unit, the van is in good condition,runs very well and has been well maintained, the unit inside only has 3500 hours on it(which is nothing for this unit)and also has been well maintained and runs great. the set up comes with 2 wands,1 upholstery/stair tool,enough chemicls to work for a month before needing more,2 prespray bottles,and 300 feet of vaccum and solution hoses, also comes with water hose $5500
DSC_0338.jpg

[/img]

keithk

Seems like a good deal. I have never used that Prochem but they have a good name. Offer the guy $4,000 and put $1500 into your service guy going through it van, equipment and all

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I would go with the Prochem if I had to choose. Make sure you look around. I just bought a nice 405, looked for 2.5 months before I bought it. Lots of good deals out there.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I've never owned a CDS but many like them alot. I'd be a little weary of that one just cuz the van is so old. How many machine hours and are they all in this van?
I like the looks of the slide in at that price. A lot of machine and the van will likely last a lot longer. Just my 2 cents.

Name
Kevin McCreary
that bruin 2 is the worst machine I have ever owned. Belt chewer, big time. They sent me an electric fan and heat shield to fix it and the belts still only lasted 100 hours. If your not a double jointed midget good luck changing them! However that c.d.s was the second worst unit I ever owned. If the van has high mileage and hours on it and it has to be one or the other I would go with the belt chewer. I would look for an old prochem 405.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
The CDS will be more user friendly.

How mechanically inclined are you?

The Bruin II is a good machine but quirky. Once you get used to how the machine runs it wouldn't be a problem, but for some they just don't want to learn the quirks.

Parts availability for the front end portion of the CDS are going to be pretty scarce. If you have a problem you may be SOL.

Bryan Irvin

Steve,

Back when I worked for ServiceMaster, I ran a Bruin as well as a Hydramaster CDS. Both were good machines, but like other people said before, the Bruin isnt anywhere near as user friendly and as easily maintained as the CDS.

I currently run a Hydramaster 4.7, and I love it. Good heat, good vac, and havent had any problems with it. Maintenance for this unit is pretty simple as well. Just make sure the van is in good shape if you go with this unit.

Bryan

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
Steve do NOT buy the direct drive 4.7. UNR did not treat that set up very well at all. You will be asking for nothing but problems if you purchased that. The reason they bought a new boxxer 427 is because that basically fell apart on them. It's NOT worth the 50 bucks you could get for the scrap metal in it.

I would not buy that Prochem Bruin II
If you look at the picture carefully you will see that pressure gauge has been sprung which is telling me that the machine has FREEZE DAMAGE.

D.Layman

Steve Lombardi said:
I would not buy that Prochem Bruin II
If you look at the picture carefully you will see that pressure gauge has been sprung which is telling me that the machine has FREEZE DAMAGE.

Good Catch Steve..

So that's a good sign of prior freeze issues up here in cold country?
Good to know...

F

FB7777

I think the CDS is overpriced... the truck is 19 years old and worth about $500-1000

the CDS is worth about the same if its 10 years or older

Joe Couch

The Hydramaster will be more user friendly and easier to work on. With the Hydramaster just make sure that the van doesn't have a ton of miles on. Every hour on the machine equals 30 miles on the engine.

I had a bruin and it was nothing but trouble and a pain in the ass to work on.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Me being me, I would have a hard time buying either of them the way they look. The CDS is a better choice, but in a van that old, you are gonna being needing a new van sooner than later.

If you are not mechanically inclined, I wouldn't buy a slide-in. At least with a slide-in, you can switch it to a new van much cheaper.

I've had three vans with a CDS in it, and it lasted 8 years in each van before the engine and transmission started giving me problems.And to transfer the CDS from 1 van to another will cost you between 3-5 grand if its a different model van. And it cost me that doing it myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom