Whip hose folding over?

Mikey P

Administrator
Us high heaters have to deal with our hoses folding/collapsing about once a week.
Especially when using your wand on staircases.

Not any more.

Ask your local hose shop for some in 2". It's used to bale other hoses together. Sorry but I dont recall the name of it.

hosebender.jpg

yes , that's a genuine Cool Cuff. Love it, hate Joe!

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
That's a very good idea, kinda like the steel braid on the the KMA hose from greenie.

But for the life of me Mikey, how do you effectively use your floor tool on steps?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Vincent said:

But for the life of me Mikey, how do you effectively use your floor tool on steps?

i did a empty last week duel wanded it started my helper upstairs and i hit down stairs. this s the first time he's encountered a house with stairs he got to the stairs and was using the Ti wand on the stairs i stood there and chuckled for a while he did a good job but it looked like a bitch i let him have the stair tool for the last 4-5 stairs the kids got determination.

Greenie

"quality" hose can be viewed in many ways, from Meat's comments i see he is referring to a stiffer hose, most stiff hose is what these guys with 2" wands are trying to get away from.

Stiff hose might fly in Apartments, but in furnished homes it's the number one reason guys don't like to use a 2" wand.

Enter the eternal quest for the high heat, durable, yet still flexible hose.

Either way, those hose bend restrictors are still cool!

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I still can't see why you would use a floor wand on stairs....why not have it cut down? I wouldn't mind a 12" stair wand.

Greenie

Actually, a sweet stairwand is about 14" wide with 2" tube, but it needs to be about 40" long not 5'...lol

I first realize how cool the wider wand was on steps when I pulled a Mikey on a straight flight of steps, now it's completly a PITA on a spiral set, but on straights it works well, just clumsey. The high flow and big vacuum make short work of a staircase, three swipes and on to the next, and with the ROUND glide it's awesome on the bullnose, no detailing necessary as you catch the top side of the bull with the tread and the bottom side with the riser, either way, three massive flushing passes and you are on to the next one.

Now...who will make such a tool that is light weight and very handy?

Mikey P

Administrator
I clean a staircase with 012 flow and a V and you clean them with , what? 04? maybe 06,with a Bane and I am the hack?

lololololoLOLOLOLOlololo

Keep in mind I trim em out with a PC uph tool when needed.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
"quality" hose can be viewed in many ways, from Meat's comments i see he is referring to a stiffer hose, most stiff hose is what these guys with 2" wands are trying to get away from.

Stiff hose might fly in Apartments, but in furnished homes it's the number one reason guys don't like to use a 2" wand.

Enter the eternal quest for the high heat, durable, yet still flexible hose.

Either way, those hose bend restrictors are still cool!

Welp, Greenie.
I've used both the cheap stuff and the quality stuff.
and I can knock over Mrs Phiff's lamp with either the cheap crap or quality hose

The only virtue I see for the cheap junk, is weight reduction.
It's the longer wand that's the PITA in tight spaces in res.
Not super supple hose flexibility.
In my NOT SO expert opinion

..L.T.A.

Al

Cool we need some of that! Love Greenies blue flex hose but it can collapse from our heat.

Our waste water is hotter than what most of you guy's clean with!

:twisted:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom