White cotton and grey linen

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
46269F44-A898-4265-80C1-03288C10E4E3.jpeg
088D23AD-20C9-4BC6-81E6-C362A507AA1C.jpeg
After browsing for hours in past posts, I just need advice. This chair is cotton, scruffy from a recent move. Inside, the cushions are synthetic batting covering a down pillow.

The lady attempted to clean coffee from the pictured corner with Resolve.
She generated the wide, faintly yellow stain pictured.

My thought: 1. Flush with distilled water and suck it as dry as possible, maybe use hair dryer to speed it up.
2. Use an encap product (Releasit DS2) and a hand pad to lightly clean the surface, let it dry and then vacuum.

(Or)
2. Use something Interlink (local chempimp) and follow directions.

3. Repeat on a linen couch.

(Or)
4. Be willing to be coached if anyone has better ideas.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
View attachment 77131 View attachment 77132 After browsing for hours in past posts, I just need advice. This chair is cotton, scruffy from a recent move. Inside, the cushions are synthetic batting covering a down pillow.

The lady attempted to clean coffee from the pictured corner with Resolve.
She generated the wide, faintly yellow stain pictured.

My thought: 1. Flush with distilled water and suck it as dry as possible, maybe use hair dryer to speed it up.
2. Use an encap product (Releasit DS2) and a hand pad to lightly clean the surface, let it dry and then vacuum.

(Or)
2. Use something Interlink (local chempimp) and follow directions.

3. Repeat on a linen couch.

(Or)
4. Be willing to be coached if anyone has better ideas.

Tarps or move it keep wood dry!

I would Pre spray with either Cobb’s uph pre spray with a dash of brightner!

Rinse with last step and a scoop or two of natural fiber cleaner cti!

And lightly pre spray and hand bonnet, then real low flow rinse lots of dry strokes and fans.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If you have a dry type of upholstery tool, HWE should be fine process. You can also shampoo and rinse with extractor.

Avenge Fabric Shampoo. Boost with a moderate amount of Boost All. Rinse with Fab-Set.
or
Shampoo with Oxy Buff Shampoo. Generate the foam and use a horse hair brush to work this into the fabric. Give a little dwell time. Rinse with Fab-Set.

Encapsulation is another alternative. May not help much on the yellow staining from the Resolve. I suggest an Encap product with O2 such as Encapuclean O2. Rick's O2 product will fine if you already have that.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Scott, I thought of Hydrox but worried the peroxide would damage the cotton. I use Avenge regularly, but not a rinsing agent. The reason is that I don’t have an inline injector.
However, I do have Fab-Set. Would rinsing (SS tool) then spraying with Fab-Set and dry sucking it again work? See, I have real concerns about over wetting the cotton

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Scott, I thought of Hydrox but worried the peroxide would damage the cotton. I use Avenge regularly, but not a rinsing agent. The reason is that I don’t have an inline injector.
However, I do have Fab-Set. Would rinsing (SS tool) then spraying with Fab-Set and dry sucking it again work? See, I have real concerns about over wetting the cotton

Yes, it will work, and yes dry it quickly. You might try some fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide on the stains; nothing stronger,

Make no guarantees on this. What she did will make your job harder.

I am going to be in Death Valley tomorrow with no internet access and limited cell coverage. You can call or text me at 412-414-9129 if you want to discuss this more. As soon as a message comes through I will call

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington

Peroxide at 3% should not harm the cotton unless there was some pre-existing issue such as age and exposure to a lot of UV light. It is always good to test first, but you should be alright.

If you have a dry type upholstery tool, I would just rinse well with Fab-Set or plain water and forget post=spray with Fab-Set. This will help avoid over-wetting.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I flushed the stains with distilled water, then sprayed with Avenge. A scrub with a soft brush broke up most spots, then I flushed with warm water. On coffee spots I used 3% peroxide in a little spray bottle (comes from Walgreens), let dwell and rinsed.
Lots of dry passes to suck water, pulled the surface away from visible feathers because they bleed dark. A blower to speed drying on each piece.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom