White Magic 1200 HV question

Rex Tyus

Is anyone familiar with the WM 1200 HV? Have they truly found a clutch that will hold a 56 blower at 20", or have they sacrificed rpms/ shaft speed, cfms in order to accomplish this lift rating?

Rex

I edited my original post. Hopefully this question makes more sense now.

G

The one at Connections wouldn't pull 20 inches. 17 was more like it when it was deadheaded.

Ask Paytoilet. He broke it there and made the rep from White Magic shit his pants.

Chad

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The 1200HV that I had the opportunity to play with, put out every bit of 19" lift on a drag wand, continuously. The ability of this unit is very impressive.

The clutch is the largest unit I've seen on the end of a driveshaft in this industry.

Greenie

What I don't understand is the dealer who sells both, and promotes the WM over a TWII or a Vortex?

You can say whatever you want, but it's still a #5 blower with 2.5" plumbing in and out of the blower, when it's 4" all the way and spinning at 90% of it's rated RPM then I'll take an interest.

ANd blower HX come at a price, no such thing as free heat.

Matt King

Can't believe I didn't see this topic earlier. Anyhow, They're using an Ogura clutch that's about 7 inches in diameter vs. 6 inches on a 'typical' clutch. So it does have quite a bit more surface area to lock down. I thought about using a different clutch (Ogura or other) on my pto but my concern is where does a guy go if he's broke down and needs a new clutch Now? The smaller ones you can get at any auto store cheap any day of the week. Kudos to them for at least offering it though... What I can't figure out is how on earth they're getting 20hg. on a 56 without smoking those 2 A-section belts?? I can't keep 2 B-section belts cool running my 47 at a decent speed.... I guess I'll keep trying different belt/lift combo's...

Rex Tyus

Matt are you saying you have more trouble with belts burning out than clutches?

Rex

Matt King

Yes. I ordered an infrared thermometer to get a more precise reading on what's actually going on. I'll post my findings when I get it in...

G

What brand of belts are you using??? Not some Granger specials I hope.

Are they ribbed or something special from Motion Ind?

Chad

Matt King

I've been through several different dayco belts and 1 set of goodyears. I'm now onto trying the gates line. We have 2 bearing shops in town. One carries mostly dayco and the other being motion industries has pretty much everything gates. A buddy of mine works at motion and we're going down the line to see what works best.

G

Did you look at the Napa industrial line? I was puking Dayco and Goodyear Gators? It was a 2-5 months out of a set and 10k on them for miles.

The Napa Gold industrial seem to be going a about 6 months to a year. Don't know if that helps, but its worth a shot.

Chad

Matt King

Thanks Chad! I will try those out as well. Ya know, I got my Goodyears at Napa and they mentioned nothing of their own belts? I guess I did specify Goodyear though.. I'll pick up a set of their belts tomorrow.

Aaron

Don't know the brand name, but I know the blower has at least 3 and maybe 4 belts running it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Matched set (important!) of three from the PTO output driveshaft to the blower pulley. One belt from the blower pulley to the pump.

I've only looked closely at one, there could be several variations??

Matt King

The one I remember was the same as what Lee described. Not sure what the brand was... It's obviously working though! You guys are talking pulling 18hg w/ a Bayco on a 6-700cfm set up. That's pretty darn impressive...

chad said:
The one at Connections wouldn't pull 20 inches. 17 was more like it when it was deadheaded.

Ask Pay-toilet. He broke it there and made the rep from White Magic his pants.

Chad

White magic can't even keep there older units running correctly in my opinion and experience, how on earth will they keep this new machine running properly???

Rex Tyus

I am pretty sure I can figure out how to deal with the belts. I am looking for a 12 volt clutch that will spin a ROOTS 56 D S L to 2600 rpm and a puny 14" h g and not burn out every 30 to 60 days.

Rex

Matt King

You're running a 56 Cleanco? You'd have to find a clutch that was either a perfect fit (size and taper) for your driveshaft, or you'll have to have your shaft machined (most likely remade) to fit the clutch. What clutch are you running right now? Is it burning up that often and under what conditions?

Rex Tyus

I am not burning up clutches, as I stay at the recommended lift settings from Cleanco 12" at 1650 engine R P M (approximately 2400 blower rpm's) under full restriction. I am just wanting to MAXIMIZE the potential of the blower.

I am sure some will say their clutch drive pto is superior and I should have gotten one of them,blah blah blah. To that I would say look under the hood do the math check the plumbing and you will be able to see why I chose the Cleanco and would again.

The clutch on my Compact 56 is a 6" Pitts (I forgot the model) rated @ 120 ft lbs of torque.

Wouldn't the 7" clutch white magic is using actually spin the p t o slower at the same engine rpm's?

Matt I sincerely appreciate your interest and input. I hope I have not mislead anyone about the Cleanco as I truly love it. Just looking to strengthen the weakest link.

Respectfully,

Rex

Matt King

Yes, it would spin the driveshaft slower with the larger diameter clutch. I wouldn't run your engine any faster than what you have now. That's in a higher rpm range as it is. Instead I'd use a smaller pulley on the blower to compensate. I guess you could use a larger driveshaft pulley as well. I'm just not familiar with the Cleanco... What type of driveshaft do they use? I noticed it's a 5 bearing system on their website. I'm not sure what that means. What I'd do is contact Pitts and see what they have for a larger clutch. Tell them the model you have and see if they have a larger unit available that would work on your shaft without having to do machine work.

Rex Tyus

Thanks Matt. Calling Pitts is a good idea. I feel pretty stupid for not doing that already. :oops:

You don't happen to have a link or a phone number for them by chance?

Rex

Matt King

Sorry man I don't.. I just deal with my Ogura rep. I'm not sure who to contact for a Pitts clutch? I'd just go to Thomasnet.com and do a search for your nearest dealer..

JoeP

Direct drive best way to drive a blower belts and clutches just to many problems to deal with

G

The local Clenco guy here was using smaller pulleys with the post heater option. He made a mistake though..and was doing this to ALUM tanks. She sucked in like a good old Blatz Fart.

Chad

Rex Tyus

I can't see that happening unless it was a fluke. That 12 volt clutch would fail WAYYYYY before the cleAnco reinforced aluminum tank.

Rex

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom