white spots on carpet after cleaning

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
hey guys..i had a customer complain that every time she gets her carpet cleaned, there are white spots afterwards. So I told her that I thought it was excess detergent that was left in the carpet from previous cleanings that wicks up. I used Bridgepoints End Zone which is an encap rinse when cleaning hoping that it would capture whatever wicked up..and it didn't. Any opinions or suggestions as to why would be appreciated also, what can I do to fix it.
Jarred

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
So I told her that I thought it was excess detergent that was left in the carpet from previous cleanings that wicks up

why would you blame the "other guys" ??
when she told you this;

"i had a customer complain that every time she gets her carpet cleaned, there are white spots afterwards"

Any opinions or suggestions as to why would be appreciated also, what can I do to fix it.

were they there when you started cleaning??
take any pics?
is it color lose from something spilled/dripped on it?

and if not there when you started cleaning, did they pop when you ran the wand over it?
and how big are they?
dime size?
baseball size??
random splotchy white powdery areas ?...like Carpet Fresh powder residue??

I wouldn't be quick to blame "the other guy" ..cause if it was detergent residue from them...YOU didn't clean it very well either !gotcha!

if they're splotchy powdery areas you didn't see while cleaning, my money is on Carpet Fresh or similar powder JUNK folks dump on their carpets

BTW, dumping pixie dUst juice on a problem isn't a cure for anything .

..L.T.A.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I gave her my opinion on what I thought it was and I said it happens. I am also not BLAMING anyone..its a simple professional observation. I dont think she would have been happy if I was a "professional carpet cleaner" but when asked about white spots that happen after drying..I hit her with an " I dont know" I am going to check it out in a few..I will keep you updated.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I gave her my opinion on what I thought it was and I said it happens. I am also not BLAMING anyone..its a simple professional observation.

based on "what"?

I'm not busting your balls, Jarred , but if you "observed" those white spots before you started, what did they look like?

and if they weren't there when you cleaned it, and they appeared when dry, my money is on Carpet Fresh that SHE or the house keeper is dumping on it

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: white spots on carpet after cleaning

Ruff Hewn said:
I gave her my opinion on what I thought it was and I said it happens. I am also not BLAMING anyone..its a simple professional observation.

based on "what"?

I'm not busting your balls, Jarred , but if you "observed" those white spots before you started, what did they look like?

and if they weren't there when you cleaned it, and they appeared when dry, my money is on Carpet Fresh that SHE or the house keeper is dumping on it

..L.T.A.
X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
white spots that vacuum away or white stains/bleaching effect?

if the latter, it could be a pimple product like benzoyl peroxide, ie: say a teen was wrestling around on the floor.

highsteam

Name
Alberto
Maybe she use a spotter like resolve that are very foamy and would look like a white spot while the carpet is dump.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
It's always better to say that you're not sure, then try and maybe solve the problem - than to guess as to "why" and still not solve it. You own it with the latter scenario.

Did you prevac the area?

I've had white spots a few times after cleaning. In almost every case , they were the same areas the custy used resolve, A few times oxy clean was the cause. The dirt hides the white spots, then you clean it , and they show up.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Strange things happen when you ad carpet freshener, Oxy Clean, Resolve and many of the other alike products. Based on what I have read I wanna lean towards carpet freshener or Resolve. I always suggest to customers not to use and use only what I give them. Odds are your customers is the cause of her own spots.

As everyone else has stated.... stop blaming the previous cleaner makes you look like a dip shit especially when it happens to you and then you cant even explain it to her.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Re: Re: white spots on carpet after cleaning

Ken Snow said:
[quote="Ruff Hewn":psm01fve]

based on "what"?

..L.T.A.
X2

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2[/quote:psm01fve]

X3

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
maybe i stated it wrong..i wasn't blaming anyone. I was stating what I believed to be the cause of the problem. And she said nothing when I explained what I thought it was..POWDERED DETERGENT RESIDUE.. Funny how when I went back the husband says " Maybe its the sprinkle carpet stuff i use when I vacuum?"

I just went back and vac'd it up..they gave me an extra 20 buck..and since I WAS HONEST ABOUT WHAT I THOUGHT THE PROBLEM WAS and told them that there is no way of telling how much is in the carpet and this will likely happen every time, they told me they would ring again and were happy that SOMEONE KNEW WHAT IT WAS and WHY IT KEPT COMING BACK.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
were happy that SOMEONE KNEW WHAT IT WAS .

you're welcome x2.. :lol:

The real question is, do you know how to PREVENT it from happening to YOU in the future??

Ron Werner will be along shortly to explain why he never gets a carpet fresh call back.... !gotcha!

..l.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
don't have to now shiteatinggrin

But I do know of a cleaner that just presprayed/rinsed a green stainmaster and white spots suddenly appeared all over. Turned out to be carpet deodour powder.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
thanks for all the help guys...seriously. here are the pics..
DSCF1062.jpg
[/img]

DSCF1061-1.jpg
[/img]

Chris A

Name
Chris
That happened to us on a somewhat high profile job we do ( office of county prosecutor). Nobody ever fessed up to anything. This time, when we cleaned it, we took before pics of the residue that was under furniture we didnt move, just to be safe.

S

sam miller

Carpet fresh sucks I had a few call backs "there's all this white stuff from Your chemicals!"
at least when you pre vac you can see it in the vacuum and let people know the possibilities.

Its rare where I'm at but its noce to know why and where.

I have a group home Olefin carpet loaded with the stuff looks like a chia pet after cleaning got them to stop using carpet fresh, No more problems!

PS Most of us who clean using the same chemicals everyday day in day out when something like this happens its alarming needless to say we usually say its probably a pre existing condition

IE another cleaner thats was wrong in this case but it was owner error.

See if it wasnt for this board You may have never have found out and had Your balls busted.

mcatt

Name
Mike
Had the same problem at a home with the carpet fresh powder. I thought the exact thing but it was already answered. Then there is those ones that are color loss from home spotting but they are covered with dirt that has attracted to it only to be cleaned off by one of us and now we did it right?
Same with urine stains, etc... I always let clients know of these potential issues so I don't have to explain later which is more difficult of course.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom