Who do you use for background check? What do you check for?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Who do you use for background check for potential employees?

And what kind of checking exactly is included or important for you?

Is there a release form that the employee needs to sign? Where do I find it?
Thanks

Able 1

Name
Keith
Re: Who do you use for background check? What do you check f

You should be able to do it through you state as long as they have live there long enough it's public record.. There are quite a few co. doing checks on credit scores to see how responsible they are(there are A LOT of guys that have poor credit scores that are hella job responsible tho).. Pretty much hiring is just a crap shoot though, and I would like some golden advice also.

I have found that hiring from people that know someone looking for work with them vouching that they are good workers has been my best way.

Craigslist was a waste of time for me, but at this point I'm just an OO and if I had people to screen applicants it might have been different. If you do use Craigslist, make your interview day a "maintenance day" so you can be doing something when 65% of them don't even show up.

I have found like others the under 30 crowd are usually lazy and think they are entitled to have money and not have to work for it. This new batch is about 90% are LAZY (not you Hoodie or that Mike from ZERO's :lol: ), and find no interest in working.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

Able 1 said:
You should be able to do it through you state as long as they have live there long enough it's public record.. There are quite a few co. doing checks on credit scores to see how responsible they are(there are A LOT of guys that have poor credit scores that are hella job responsible tho).. Pretty much hiring is just a crap shoot though, and I would like some golden advice also.

I have found that hiring from people that know someone looking for work with them vouching that they are good workers has been my best way.

Craigslist was a waste of time for me, but at this point I'm just an OO and if I had people to screen applicants it might have been different. If you do use Craigslist, make your interview day a "maintenance day" so you can be doing something when 65% of them don't even show up.

I have found like others the under 30 crowd are usually lazy and think they are entitled to have money and not have to work for it. This new batch is about 90% are LAZY (not you Hoodie or that Mike from ZERO's :lol: ), and find no interest in working.

I was going to have Bawb Jihad you until I read the parenthesis ...... :shock: :lol:

Able 1

Name
Keith

:lol: What's you take on this new generation? I would say it's the generation of laziness and entitlement...

Why do they have this attitude? Parents rich?

All my life my dad worked his ASS off and I saw that growing up (I might have also got some traits from him), and I knew that's it what I had to do to provide for my family, not today :cry: .

My dad is 64 years old and works 7 days a week, he said he wasn't going to do it the overtime this year, but continues to do it. :roll: WHERE ARE ALL THE REAL WORKERS TODAY????

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink

I really am disappointed in my generation. However what they taught us in middle and high school was to go get a college education and you'll be rich. Many took that to heart too much and now have a sense of entitlement. Also the jobs most 'kids' go after are sitting behind a desk, phone or computer, so when it comes to actual labor intensive jobs they have this mentality that they should make even more because they actually have to move.

Also my generation saw a lot of their parents with great factory jobs growing up, with nice wages and benefit packages. Those jobs are hard to come by these days. If people really knew what they've been telling kids in school, I feel as if society and the school systems have dumbed them down and made them lazy. The jobs that we were told we could get in school are out there for sure, but they were telling people that for the past 10 years. Going to school for some type of business major was all the hype, bus. management, accounting, marketing, IT(computers and networks), but there are many people with a degree who could never find jobs in their field. Now the hype is the medical profession, and will be for another 10 years or so, and again the process will repeat.

PS. Sorry Ofer for derailing your thread. I always used local as well, could typically get a background ran by the sheriffs department. I looked for any felonys, drug, robbery, theft, domestic disturbances, and things of that nature. We did have an auth form to run a background check, but I don't have it. There are a lot of them online, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run a credit report either.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller

i hired 2 people off craigs list. the first was an 18 year old full of get up and go energy but he wasn't strong enough to push the wand. i gave him a week and his longest run was 35 minutes. he got so dizzy from working that hard he had to go outside for fresh air.

the second guy is 21 and currently working for me. i felt like i won the lottery with him. hard worker , very personable, good looking and plenty strong. we are running 10+ hr days and he has no problems. shiteatinggrin

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom