Who here uses the PowerBug?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I sure could've used it last weekend. I just saw it on a VCT group on facebook. Looks like a back saver

Thepowerbug.com

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this thing?

1623107985032.png

I'll defer to the janitors, but don't think I'd spend $2k on that contraption

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
So you guys would rather hand scrub the edges manually than with a motorized machine?

That’s the same as manually raking carper vs using a crb

You guys are Stoops!

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
neither
I'd sub it out to Kenny

..L.T.A.
I learned a big lesson in Sub contracting last week where a job was thrown in my lap that I had no intention, nor was I prepared to do. I was hand scraping a VCT for 7hrs straight on saturday, mopping, and burnishing all weekend after. That was the last job I'll ever contract out to another business.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I learned a big lesson in Sub contracting last week where a job was thrown in my lap that I had no intention, nor was I prepared to do. I was hand scraping a VCT for 7hrs straight on saturday, mopping, and burnishing all weekend after. That was the last job I'll ever contract out to another business.

Find better subs....
Or don't pay them til it's done right

..L.T.A.

FredC

Village Idiot

You're supposed to let the people you sub it out to do it...

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
First, I’m not going to Georgia! Second, as I told you baseboard stripper!!! Third, get a helper if you’re doing vct of any size!!! Fourth, if you wanna go all in, get a square scrub to do edges, With baseboard stripper. Or, I’m still considering a doodle scrub by square scrub. Lastly, if you’re going all in, if you can find a pacific edger that’s like a weed eater, thy’re awesome too. NOW, as Fred said, just be sure to clarify with your sub what you expect. You can make money subbing floors. That’s where you went wrong. Every day is a Life Lesson!

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
One more thing. If you sub work out, make it clear that if a project goes south because of workmanship and causes failure to pay, they share in the loss. That will keep them responsible for workmanship. Any contract work is a Business agreement and must be treated as such.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I told you baseboard stripper!!! Third, get a helper if you’re doing vct of any size!!! Fourth, if you wanna go all in, get a square scrub to do edges, With baseboard stripper. Or, I’m still considering a doodle scrub by square scrub. Lastly, if you’re going all in, if you can find a pacific edger that’s like a weed eater, thy’re awesome too.

what he's saying Woody (but too nice to express it)
is that contraption is a bulky goofy damn thing and there are half dozen better mousetraps....

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
They did a half ass job, and started getting "belly aches" and cancelled for 2 nights. The customer told me they didn't want them back after seeing their crap work and asked me to either find another company to finish the job, or finish it myself. Fred, I tried to let them do the job.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
They did a half ass job, and started getting "belly aches" and cancelled for 2 nights. The customer told me they didn't want them back after seeing their crap work and asked me to either find another company to finish the job, or finish it myself.

did you hire them based on price?

did you hire them blind without knowing anything about their work or biz?

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Numero Uno

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom