Who here went to SFS?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
I went. Don't remember the year, but it was in the winter, maybe February. Chicagoland can be cold!

The food was excellent.

Scott Warrington

harryhides

Name
Tony
2001 - the food and the acting were the best parts of the whole thing.
Going again to Tampa in Feb cuz I forgot most of it......

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Food, Food, Food. Yeadon and I are sick of hearing about Nick's FOOD! What are we? Chopped liver?

Actually Strategies is such an intensive course that if we don't feed and care for you well we will lose half the class. So we try to work really hard ... and then play a bit too.

Great to hear everyone chiming in. Hard to believe we have been around so long. And for all you alumni believe me when I say the SFS you attended has very little in common with what the course has become. You really need to come back and see for yourself. Alumni tell me they learn (and implement) much more the second, third and fourth time through the class!

Island Boy

PS Actually Tony you bring up a good point. We are finding we hit you with so much at SFS that there is information overload. You will notice at SFS in Tampa Bay in a couple of weeks that we have added something new. Each SFS attendee has to fill out (yes, even you Tony!) their very own Action Plan of what SPECIFIC change they will implement in their company every two weeks for the next six months. And we hold you to it. Everyone works better when they are held accountable.

Jeremy too is working on "accountability" for SFS members and I commend him for his initiative.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I was there in September 07 jon-don Roselle the best week you could ever spend on your business,and the food is great
warren wallace

cmaster

Name
Paul Budnik
September 99 in Roselle. Food was great. Nick even gave us tickets to a Cubs game. That Toburen guy was kinda long winded, but I managed to stay awake :roll:

harryhides

Name
Tony
Would be nice to see that really exciting guy, Chuck Violand here too. I bet he doesn't use ps's either.

Can I skip the Yeadon part, Steve? I'll have had quite enough of by the time I get there.

Umm, yes I do have an action plan for my retirement - I'm gonna start walking every day.

Frank E

Have not been yet but I have a seat for the one coming up in Tampa this month.
Just started a diet and lost 10 pounds so far, from all the talk about the food I guess I am going to have a relapse..

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Sept 2007, Food was great, sat behind Warren and ate off his plate when ever he wasn't looking! :shock:

June 1999 Food was great then also!!!

How did Angela get even better looking from 1999-07?

She's amazing and does a bang up job with putting the class together!

Name
Kevin McCreary
I got more applicable knowledge from SFS than any franchise week long training seminar or any other carpet cleaning classes I have taken in 20 years combined.

Darren Darner

Name
Darren Darner
I can't believe it was way back in...

January 1999, food was great, Steve keeps reminding me I need to come back, I'm a slow learner

Darren

keithk

September 2007, food was great. And I got the pleasure of meeting the great Chavez. He was my Copilot driving thru Roselle. I don't remember anyone named Steve or Yeadon though.

Just kidding Best week ever!

G

roselle. january '05. (with kevin mccreary.... whats up)

from the standpoint of someone brand new to this industry when he attended (i had never cleaned a carpet prior to attending), sfs was:

exciting (literally... emotionally and physically energizing).

extremely informative (i learned how to do it right instead of spending years doing it wrong while trying to figure out how to do it right... and this saved me a lot of money).

spiritually rewarding [honestly] (i flew home from that week with a fresh, well defined sense of purpose... a vision... at that point i began to sculpt a healthy service business).

especially for those just starting, and those maybe just a couple years deep, i can highly recommend sfs (i very well could still be spinning my wheels had i not attended).

pete.

Name
Kevin McCreary
Peter even cut his long hair off after attending because they taught him about "customer eye glasses" Whats up Pete hope your doing great!!!!

Cameron1

Been there, done that! "04" in Chicago. Going back in March "08" in Atlanta. It will be free!!

G

oh yeah...

the food was good... it made the hunger go away.

but what was really good were the many evening hours spent leaning against the various bars, getting moderately (after all, these were "school nights") drunk on pints of bass ale while getting to know some of my more experienced peers.... picking their brains, listening to them describe their businesses... their personal relationships with this industry).

i learned a lot from the other attendees around me.... and after hours, good times were plentiful for those who sought them.

pete.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
harryhides said:
Would be nice to see that really exciting guy, Chuck Violand here too. I bet he doesn't use ps's either.

Can I skip the Yeadon part, Steve? I'll have had quite enough of by the time I get there.

Umm, yes I do have an action plan for my retirement - I'm gonna start walking every day.

Tony,

One day you are asking to share a room with me in California next thing you are badmouthing me. I am beginning to think it's not true love.

Mikey P

Administrator
I got to be honest with you about the food..

From a Vegetarians perspective it was about as exciting as a trip to the Sizzler's salad bar.

Thanks the lord almighty that Toburen found us the best damn vegan joint I've ever been to anywhere on earth.

In Pennsylvania of all places.

Jerry

Supportive Member
Jan 08 for me. Shoulda went years ago! You get a totally different look at your business and how it should be run. All three instructors were excellent.
My wife wants go along next time, maybe next Jan? I really think it is something you should attend a couple of time just to retain all of the info!
I agree with the above comment on meeting all of the other class mates after hours. I learned alot of different ways of doing things from others.
Jerry

tim

January 08, Roselle. Great experience, on the fast track to implement. The hospitality is amazing but the information can be overwhelming! Great instructors and the quality of cleaners attending with you can give you more ideas than you could implement in a year.

DavidB

September '07

Didn't realize all the class was here...

The food was great and the Chicago beer tastes better for some reason

The Preacher

i've made a small fortune off going to SFS!

PS all those manuals and CD's i had Tony sell on the black market has helped him retire early and i don't do much now myself!!! :p

PPS it's info overload and you'll need to go more than 1x. i went last Feb in Tampa and want my wife to attend next time!

John Watson

First time was Sept 0f 1997 in Roselle, We were told that this class would only be held a few times per year and only in Roselle no where else. HA! ChuckieV and StevieT did an excellent job back then. Angela kept trying to keep us all in line and Papa Nick helped to keep me fat an sassy!!!!

2nd time was at JonDons immigration class to the West coast held in Portland this past May of 2007. My oh My has the class matured,became more well rounded. Well almost now they have that billY as a whipping boy, He whips by this and he whips by that, He plays an important part there now too. ChuckieV's section still has me banging my head on my desk, Why haven't I been doing this stuff for years..

Then ol Stevie T comes with his spiel. Man, Ive heard this stuff before, Yada yada yada Almost word for word like his tapes I bought in 91, But, wait there is more, he has added this and that for a more mordernistic touch to it, To me,(I don't have to prove I am slow) wow, slap my face I could have had a V8 attack. This stuff works, we need to hear it over and over again so it will continue to sink in.

This time Helen was there to keep me awake, well most of the time anyways, Papa Nick was still flirting with all the girls, Angela now has assistants that we also kept busy. And Yes the food, from a connoisseur who knows, was great.. We ain't waiting no 10 years before we go back again!!!!! At least every 3-5 for a refresher..Unless I get bored and crash a few parties when they are in my neck of the woods..... A six hour drive for a great lunch with friends. No problem, Remember I'm the guy that flew from Alaska to Atlanta for 2 day class, flew to Seattle for a 4 hour chapter meeting and kept finding reasons for Helen to keep me for the past 36 years!!!!

Brandon Culp

Roselle '08. Food was very good. People (both from Jon-Don and classmates) were excellent. It was an excellent experience for many reasons.

The value of the operations manual alone is worth way, way more than the price of the class. I also found SFS valuable because I learned that I'm on the right track. Now I just to need implement what I've learned, little by little. It will hopefully be an easier and faster growth process because I have the tools right in front of me now.

Terry

Supportive Member
Name
Terry O'Brien
Roselle Jan. 07. the class is a treasure of information and inspiration. The food was delicious. I'll be back in a few years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom