Whose ready for Thursday?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Are you taking it off to eat the food stuff with family.

Looking forward to a break from all the I need it done right now people!

Or just need a break from your wife who books your jobs and thinks you can do a $600 8-9 and get to a $300 10-12

And do two more after even though your helper can’t swing a wand and needs to be
told 3x what to do!

God I feel like a one legged man in ass kicking contest.

One more day then I rest.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We are taking off for 4 days other than emergency calls. The fire we working isn't expecting us Friday. The On Call crew has a couple of jobs to monitor but only a couple of hours. The rest of us aren't coming in.

It will be a nice welcome break. Friday it's supposed to 70 here. :cool:

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I have to work Thanksgiving :eekk:. I have one appointment to do and should be home by noon.
I decided to postpone my food coma until 5pm on Thursday.
figure what the heck-- I just came back from vacation 6 days ago anyway.

Reactions: SamIam

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Last weekend we did my dad's Thanksgiving, Thursday we are going to my grandma's on dad's side where there will be about 40-50 people at noon. Meanwhile we have to cook and then take said food to my girlfriend's family's house at 4:30. Probably get home around 9 from there. Friday we'll do something with my mom's side of the family and then my son will go to his moms.

I'll work my tail off until late in the night Friday/Saturday morning, wake up early Saturday and get my hunting gear together to leave for southern Ohio until Tuesday or Wednesday. Still will take the laptop to work in the evenings but going to enjoy some time with nature. I usually pull a Marty and snooze while I'm in there lean up against a tree. Gives me time to reset and unplug. My family has been going to the same campground and hunting the same woods since my dad was 16. I missed a lot of years of hunting and it was one of the things I got to do with my grandfather. He passed in 2015 and regret not taking the time to go. Realizing my dad is in his 50's, he's on the road driving truck through the week, it's nice to do something with him for a few days.

Hope you and your family members stay safe if you're traveling and enjoy your time with them.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Last weekend we did my dad's Thanksgiving, Thursday we are going to my grandma's on dad's side where there will be about 40-50 people at noon. Meanwhile we have to cook and then take said food to my girlfriend's family's house at 4:30. Probably get home around 9 from there. Friday we'll do something with my mom's side of the family and then my son will go to his moms.

I'll work my tail off until late in the night Friday/Saturday morning, wake up early Saturday and get my hunting gear together to leave for southern Ohio until Tuesday or Wednesday. Still will take the laptop to work in the evenings but going to enjoy some time with nature. I usually pull a Marty and snooze while I'm in there lean up against a tree. Gives me time to reset and unplug. My family has been going to the same campground and hunting the same woods since my dad was 16. I missed a lot of years of hunting and it was one of the things I got to do with my grandfather. He passed in 2015 and regret not taking the time to go. Realizing my dad is in his 50's, he's on the road driving truck through the week, it's nice to do something with him for a few days.

Hope you and your family members stay safe if you're traveling and enjoy your time with them.

That’s awesome Hoody enjoy.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I’m heading down to the East Bay to spend it with my family. Sticking the kids, wife , and dog in the car and off we go. I plan to offend as many of my liberal relatives as possible with my Trump talk, get drunk, and piss myself on their couch. It’s going to be a Thanksgiving to remember.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I’m heading down to the East Bay to spend it with my family. Sticking the kids, wife , and dog in the car and off we go. I Plan to offend as many of my liberal reitives as possible with my Trump talk, get drunk and piss myself on their couch. It’s going to be a Thanksgiving to remember.
A hole!

Lol

Hahahaha

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I pretty much started this morning
(Son's handling the crew)

got a little bit of running around to do today is all
but don't intend to hit it hard nor heavy
Only thing I HAVE to do today, is pick up punkin pies and cheesecake for Momma

and sometime between now and Monday morn, I have a few hours work writing up estimates

other than that, I might do something productive..... or I might not

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
it has been a hard push.....taking 4 days off after today...and getting myself set up for a very full Christmas rush.........

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
About 30 people our place.

I have to be home tomorrow to help cook.

In Minneapolis right now.

Usually take off Friday but big dental office Friday.

SmartSelectImage_2017-11-22-07-15-26.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'll be joining my girlfriend's extended family for Thanksgiving.

Like many families, they have conflicting views on religion and politics, and young adults exploring lifestyles that the parents and grandparents don't approve of.

Carol (my gf) enjoys starting arguments between them and sitting back and watching the carnage....

This is me trying to talk to her ahead of time:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'll be joining my girlfriend's extended family for Thanksgiving.

Like many families, they have conflicting views on religion and politics, and young adults exploring lifestyles that the parents and grandparents don't approve of.

Carol (my gf) enjoys starting arguments between them and sitting back and watching the carnage....

This is me trying to talk to her ahead of time:

My mom was like that argue to argue.

I finally realized not to bite when the bait was set.

Just a casual “Oh that’s interesting.”

Then back to football, basketball, or napping in the recliner.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
OK...30 people here........mostly Hatfields...all love Hillery and Bama ....HATE Trump :headscratch:
and i'm not allowed to open my mouf...orders from headquarters.......

I'll trade anyones family for the day....sight unseen!

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'll be doing nothing. Not making dinner, not going anywhere. Not even eating Thanksgiving dinner!

Plopping my ass on the couch, will binge watch TV, drink some wine and order Chinese or eat left overs in an quiet empty house. John is taking the kids to do things with his side of the family. I, for reasons like Jim's, will not be joining my family for the second year now. I've had offers from friends , but I really just want to do my thing.

Best Buy having an awesome door buster sale on a 50" 4K roku TV for $180. So I'm going to stand in line and hope to snag one. May stop by to my old neighbors if I can get in an out for the TV since doors open at 5 and they are starting dinner at 5.

I also just got a book from Amazon in the mail today, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck, so I'll likely read that. If I'm inspired, to work on 2018 strategic plan and goals for myself for FPA and for HiTech/Justin. This way I'm doing it on my time and not taking away from my duties with Burdick's.

Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving. I certainly am thankful for my Mikey's Board "family" and all the great things Mike has accomplished with the fests this year and giving back to others. Love you all!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom