Why are QDs junk now ?

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
It seems like years ago Quick disconnects lasted a lot longer. I mean... I've had them last for years and they worked fine. The ones I've bought recently seem to be junk, They start failing within months or even weeks sometimes :x I've bought them from 3 or 4 different suppliers and they all seem to be junk! Were do they make them now China? I guess I'll try buying them from the Parker store they're probably better quality there.

Ryan

Have you tried the stainless steel ones? I have been looking at them and I think my next set will be stainless. Anybody here use them? Do they last much longer?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
We have a wide variety ranging from all SS Hansen's with Viton seals/o-rings, right down to the type most people ask for ("What is your least expensive, please?").

I try to upsell to one that offers a far greater value, but some of these guys are savvy $9.95 a room guys who "know better" :roll: . LOL

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
i have SS ones on my lead hose and the male just failed the other day.. but it lasted 8 months.. that is at cc pressures and tile and grout cleaning pressure (up to 122 psi).

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Shawn Forsythe said:
I try to upsell to one that offers a far greater value, but some of these guys are savvy $9.95 a room guys who "know better" :roll: . LOL

It's only traffic lanes! :lol:

Name
John LaBarbera
We use Foster on the Mytee machines. They seem to hold up pretty good. Our equipment only goes up to 1200 psi and limited heat though.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Ryan said:
Have you tried the stainless steel ones? I have been looking at them and I think my next set will be stainless. Anybody here use them? Do they last much longer?

I've tried stainless I don't think they lasted must longer than the old brass used to use.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Shawn Forsythe said:
We have a wide variety ranging from all SS Hansen's with Viton seals/o-rings, right down to the type most people ask for ("What is your least expensive, please?").

I don't know about the 9.95 a room guys but me personally when I ask for QD from my distibuters they don't give me an option they have one kind and thats it :wink:

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Willy P said:
[quote="Shawn Forsythe":1bthdn03]

It's only traffic lanes! :lol:[/quote:1bthdn03]

Owww did I hurt your widdle feelings :cry: :cry: :cry: Judging by you're lack of response from the smackdown i gave you I can see why. :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
everfresh1 said:
Willy P said:
[quote="Shawn Forsythe":36zv6do3]

Owww did I hurt your widdle feelings :cry: :cry: :cry: Judging by you're lack of response from the smackdown i gave you I can see why. :lol:[/quote:36zv6do3]

I make my point. Pardon me, $10.7375 a room.You're in an elite and "savvy" class. :wink:

aff_1.jpg

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
="everfresh1"]
Willy P said:
[quote="Shawn Forsythe":33954wf8]

Owww did I hurt your widdle feelings :cry: :cry: :cry: Judging by you're lack of response from the smackdown i gave you I can see why. :lol:[/quote:33954wf8]

I make my point. Pardon me, $10.7375 a room.You're in an elite and "savvy" class. :wink:

aff_1.jpg
[/quote]

Let me spell it out for you guys that just don't seem to understand that pricing. Four T.A means people leaving thier funiture were it is and we go around everything. 1/2 hr job in most cases that could be 3 rooms and hall or four rooms, If any of you people don't understand the concept than you're in the same league as the idiot who hijacked my post. Oh doesn't he spread powder on the floor and vacume and call that cleaning the carpet :lol: :lol:

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I like to use SS on both ends, but if you use only the SS male connector your brass female will last much longer. The brass male connector will mushroom out after a while and become sharp which wears out the o-ring in the female connector.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Shane T said:
I like to use SS on both ends, but if you use only the SS male connector your brass female will last much longer. The brass male connector will mushroom out after a while and become sharp which wears out the o-ring in the female connector.

Thanks, Yea thats the problem with these cheap fittings that inner seal mushrooms out (thats a good way to put) and restricts the flow. Man that drives me crazy.

Greenie

I know as soon as I post this, someone will know something better, but here goes.

Foster are #1
Hansen are #2
Parker like most parker stuff is now made in China, as are "most" of the QDs avail. at your "local" supplier because they tend to BUY them from the SAME vendors, carpet cleaners want cheap...so suppliers meet the need.

Now on the blow outs:
You have nipple (poppet) failure and o-ring failure, two totally different animals.

O-rings are easily replaced and any reputable supplier will have QD o-rings for a song, pick up a small baggie with your next purchase, and start using some o-ring lube as a part of your normal maint.

Most QDs (female and male, socket and plug) fail at the Poppet, the heat and pressure cause the seal to "pucker" and protrude, and they no longer check flow when disconnected.

It's true SS males resist drops and nics and mushrooming from the SS balls in the female, they are a smart buy.

Hydro-Force is the exclusive provider of the plastic insulated Safe-Connects, you aren't liklely to ever find them cheaper, and they use Parkers in them last I checked.

Jimbo

I think the high-heat guys go through a lot more qd's...they seem to warp with the major heat.

I use stainless steel on the machine... then brass on the hoses...and the plasticized BP QD in the burn area at the wand...

R

R W

I just replaced one of my Parker females on the TM outlet with another Parkers. It's just like Greenie says....cheap is what cheap is. I might have to buy a case of Fosters from him. I don't think anyone in my area carries them.

It's the heat and sometimes high T&G pressures that kill them. I remember in the 70's popping QD's off and on under pressure. Never a problem. Just key the wand, and pop off the QD. Key it again, and pop it back on. Do that now, and you'll have a leak.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom