Why Cimex?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Why does Cimex work better than a 175 or OP? Or does it? They all twirl pads. The Cimex's surface area of three eight-inch pads is less than that of most rotarys.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
A rotary machine has a single pad rotating on the carpet at 175 rpm's.

A Cimex has 3 pads spinning at 400 rpm's.

Let's do the math. The Cimex has 3 times as many pads scrubbing the carpet at more than twice the speed. That equates to an advantage that's over 6 times greater.

Additionally, the Cimex is a planetary machine. Whereas the rotary machine just makes one large looping pass, the Cimex scrubs the fiber from ALL directions. As the drive deck turns clockwise, each driver spins counter-clockwise. This produces tremendous agitation. Plus it's also much safer for the fiber, because as it would be damaging the fiber it's un-damaging it at the same time.

Then there's the added benefit of less fatigue with a Cimex. Easier to train new techs. Safer to operate. Larger solution tank. More professional looking. Etc.

Hope this helps to explain some of the key reasons why the Cimex is such a popular favorite for commercial carpet scrubbing. Put it together with some good Encap juice and you've got a force to be reckoned with.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Last edited:
Reactions: Russ T. and Johnny

Mike Draper

All I know is it is one of the best pieces of equipment Ive purchased for my business. IT makes me money and does an amazing job every time.

Reactions: Johnny

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I've been using my Orbitec Brute for encap. Is the advantage of Cimex over Brute speed? It seems the Cimex, with its three smaller pads would be at a disadvantage for padcapping.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yes and no. The Brute is a very capable machine I think it will clean just as fast on 98% of what you'll encounter unless you clean a lot of heavily soiled carpets. If it's going to save you any time it will be in pads, the time switching them and washing and maintaining them.

On the really soiled it might give you better agitation than the OP? I wouldn't buy one if you're just looking for more speed because they are pretty much the same. You're only going to clean as fast as the conditions will allow you to walk.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Definitely cleans better and is faster then a 175, not sure about an op never used one.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Rick did you ever get a chance to run a Trinity?

what was your impression other than it always wanted to to turn left?

I had a chance to try out the Trinity when John brought one to the Summerfest that we hosted. It seemed to be a stout machine. It had a lot of vibration. I personally prefer a smoother machine, after all - it's just carpet fiber. But I'm sure there are those who would argue in behalf of the Trinity, so I won't debate the Trinity.

Rick Gelinas
The Encapman

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I've had my Big Yella for a few years now, I very much prefer it to a 175 or "swing machine"as I've always called them.

After about 30 years on the "swinger" my back was a shocking mess.

Since getting Big Yella, and no more "swinging", I've virtually no more back problems.

Regarding vibration, with Big Yella I have no problem.

I also have an Sprayborg, whilst this machine is slightly quieter than Big Yella, it does vibrate that little bit to make it annoying.

With education from many of you here and elsewhere, I've learned where I can get the best clean from each machine.

One main feature of Big Yella for me is the shower feed of solution as opposed to the spray jets on other machines.

With the shower feed there is noticeably less airborne solution to ingest, and working in confined spaces, this can really get to the operator at times when one is using the spraying system.

As my main focus is now on commercial, Big Yella is the one most often rolled down the ramps, although in some cases I will revert to the Hos.

When S.W.M.B.O. comes on commercial work, we will use both to cut the time down dramatically.

:very_drunk:

prodrying

We own two Cimex machines and they are incredible. One machine pretty much stays in our rug cleaning pit and we use it to scrub rugs with. It is nice to have two machines though for the times when we have large commercial jobs. You can really knock out some sf fast with these.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I have 3 cimex machines and Rick just sent me another 55 gallon barrel of DS2.
Rick after 3 barrels do I get a t-shirt?

I still use a 175 when we are doing a bunch or cubicles with desk. I find the 175 21 inch smaller and a lot easier to get under the desk faster.
I learned to run one in college working for Service Master. The Rice brothers in Des Moines gave me my start. Wool bonnets, a flow through tank and GSL for you old timers.
This was the original encapping.

3 cimex's and 5 guys and we can clean 10,000 sf per hour none stop.
1 guy preps 36 inch vac.
3 guys clean
1 guy is the juice man. the hardest job keeping every body moving

We rotate through and we can kill a 50,000 sf building in 6 hours. round trip

This is how you clean for 6-9 cents per sf.

I have 2 guys out with 2 machines even as we type.

Last edited:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Tom I love your setup. Makes sense. No. It makes dollars. Lots and lots of dollars.

In fact we still have a few of the OCCD T Shirts. We can send you one if you'd like. :)

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Send it on my friend. xxl if you got it. Thanks love the juice.

Tom I love your setup. Makes sense. No. It makes dollars. Lots and lots of dollars.

In fact we still have a few of the OCCD T Shirts. We can send you one if you'd like. :)

richard

Name
Richard Weedman
I have an 8+ year old Cimex. Made a ton of cash with it. Production time is incredible on light to moderately soiled cgd. I also have an Easy Glide. Not sure why it's called an easy glide - it will vibrate the fillings out of your teeth and sounds like it trying to destroy itself when using microfiber with the stripes, but it cleans the nastiest quite well. I am considering adding another machine but can't decide on an op or another mex. On the nasties I believe op removes more soil but the mex is much faster. I often follow the cimex with the EG on the trashed cgd. Can anyone suggest a comparable op with an on board sprayer. Or maybe I'll just get another Cimex.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Found a good used one and now we have (7) Cimex's.

Had a big project a few weeks ago and had a bolt drop out and gave us a scare, bought the seventh as backup and now we can get more done faster.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Rick
I got my shirt. I am now on a diet to get into the large. Thanks for the extra motivation. Can't wait to get the boxers. LOL

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom