why do I think these TM's were all bad?

Greenie

Don't know of all the shortcomings, but the theory of hydraulics is a solid platform for a cleaning machine, maybe the components were underated and were prone to premature failure?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I know they haven't made this model in awhile, and the new Power-Directs are Cleancos if I remember right.

c_adkins said:
I know they haven't made this model in awhile, and the new Power-Directs are Cleancos if I remember right.
What a nightmere those Cleanco direct drives are....I had a customer that bought one and had problem after problem until he sold it....and if you need parts for your cleanco direct drive good luck if prochem doesn't have them in stock. Cleanco wont ship parts direct to the prochem customer so it has to go from Canada to Prochem then to the customer that needs the parts. I've seen it take over a month to get a drive shaft.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
My boss (before I owned my company) back in the 80's bought one from Prochem as a demo unit. I'm assuming this is the machine you speak of. It was mounted in an Astro van and wasn't stable enough too have a water tank installed. They returned it for that reason. I don't remember any issues with it.

Jayhawk2218

Terry Pratt from ICS use to have one. When it was running it was a very good unit. Terry had a few problems with his (I don't remember what) and he ended up getting rid of it. I liked using it. When running properly of course. :mrgreen:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
When I first saw them all that went thru my mind was a leaky garbage truck spewing hydralic fluid all over the street.

Name
Kevin McCreary
They made two different versions of that machine. One was hydraulic, one ran off the transmission.

The Bissell company that makes the cheap plastic steam vacs decided to enter the carpet cleaning

industry in Grand rapids Michigan where their national headquarters is with the intent of selling

franchises. They had two of them and the "transmission" one of them would not operate on a hill.

The other one would leak fluid all the time. When I asked a prochem guy at the road show about them

he said this was prochems second attempt to make a hydraulic machine and it was just too expensive

so it was discontinued. By the way the Bissell thing never got off the ground.

T

The Magician

Jimmy is correct. broken hydralic lines that upset the EPA. Not much heat either.
Cleanco makes the Pro Chem PTO and Pro Chem makes the Cleanco slide in.

Greenie

Kevin McCreary said:
The other one would leak fluid all the time.

Damn...ya think if Caterpillar can figure it out, someone else could...maybe doing it "right" is just a bit more money than a rug sucker will pay? Or at least the perceived idea?

I can't see why Heat would ever be lacking Jimmy, hydraulics make lots of heat, and that larger resvoire of fluid would be a lot of stored BTUs to use.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't wait for the day when YOU finally start making a TM.

It better be perfect after all the blow hard things you've been saying all these years.

PS You did good on the glides, so you may have a slight chance of not screwing up the TM.

Greenie

I'd make a perfect propane TM, but you already have a TNT, so it'll have to be a Heat Exchange....should it be a hydraulic unit?

Single wand, mid range, or dual wander?

Would you pay 10% more than everything else out there, cause it would damn sure require that to use better parts and be less problematic.

What is more important, Heat or reliability?

Should you require a dealer network for parts and service, or run down the street to Napa/carquest and make the repair yourself in 15 mins?

CleanEvo

I like the set up of that box with the roll up door and the steps going up to the cleaning unit. If you could pick up the truck without the Prochem PTO, put in a nice slide in, you'd have a nice rig.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I'm not looking at purchasing, just shootin' the bull about it.

Greenie

Those "step kits" are sweet, I've worked out of a friends truck with it...pretty lame going back to a V style or traditional van.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom