why do things go wrong on rainy days?

Name
Jeff T
FWIW... keep using the dollar store stuff... and keep wondering WHY ITS AN ISSUE..... wD-fOrteeee.... IS FOOKIN GARBAGE..... but hey, WTF DO I KNOW.... I’ve got a relative that’s an engineer.... but hey, he doesn’t know shyte.....he’s wirked in that there field for 35 years.... but, he’s an IdiOtttttt....

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I thought Bob was plumb nutz when I heard him mention water thru the blower to clean them.
Til I tried it on a hot blower.
steam, fizz and black brown soapy crud came out thru the silencer

after the water, the blower speed increased by 100-150 rpm (never touched the engine throttle)

Made a believer out of me .

wrong
It lives a moist, damp, soap film life .
"nano" layers of moist air hit hot lobes and dry on contact
After hundreds and thousands of hours, those "nano" layers build up enough to effect lobe tolerances

a gush of clear water on a hot blower "steams" them off

Here's the deal though...If I had a blower HXer, I wouldn't do it
Cause I damn sure wouldn't blow all the cruddy gunk water into any HX'er

..L.T.A.
I agree with you on the blower HE comment. As for the brown soapy crud. Did you let the tm stay full throttle for a few minutes with the hose capped off to burn the wd40 off the lobes? If not, that was your brown crud you saw

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I agree with you on the blower HE comment. As for the brown soapy crud. Did you let the tm stay full throttle for a few minutes with the hose capped off to burn the wd40 off the lobes? If not, that was your brown crud you saw

nope
not that

that crappy Cracker Barrel food lacks nutriants that help brain function.
that might be the issue here....

..LT.A.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Maybe, JUST maybe, that’s WHY Brady’s, AND Ron’s blowers locked up?
It's because I was lazy and didn't apply the wd 40 and let that truck sit for a week while I used the other one. The WD in WD 40 stands for water displacing. It's not supposed to be a lubricant. You are not lubricating your blower by spraying anything in the "lube" port. In fact, if you spray too much in some peoples opinion, it may wash grease out of the bearings. All you want to do it give it a light spray at the end of the day to remove any moisture that may have accumulated on the lobes.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
well mine locked up and I only give a light spray wd40 after the last job on friday, so if anything I dont spray enough..
Make sure you run your blower long enough to get all the water out before you spray wd. If your waste tank has over flowed, it takes a while to blow everything out. Let run on high for at least 10 minutes.

Reactions: Hack Attack

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
Make sure you run your blower long enough to get all the water out before you spray wd. If your waste tank has over flowed, it takes a while to blow everything out. Let run on high for at least 10 minutes.
yeah the last job about 8hrs before I discovered it locked up was a flood job
I'm thinking maybe the blower got a mouthful with the amount of water coming in even though the tank wasn't full?

Reactions: Cleanworks

steve_64

It's because I was lazy and didn't apply the wd 40 and let that truck sit for a week while I used the other one. The WD in WD 40 stands for water displacing. It's not supposed to be a lubricant. You are not lubricating your blower by spraying anything in the "lube" port. In fact, if you spray too much in some peoples opinion, it may wash grease out of the bearings. All you want to do it give it a light spray at the end of the day to remove any moisture that may have accumulated on the lobes.
By doing this you are creating layer after layer of buildup. It needs to be cleaned occasionally.

steve_64

I thought Bob was plumb nutz when I heard him mention water thru the blower to clean them.
Til I tried it on a hot blower.
steam, fizz and black brown soapy crud came out thru the silencer

after the water, the blower speed increased by 100-150 rpm (never touched the engine throttle)

Made a believer out of me .

wrong
It lives a moist, damp, soap film life .
"nano" layers of moist air hit hot lobes and dry on contact
After hundreds and thousands of hours, those "nano" layers build up enough to effect lobe tolerances

a gush of clear water on a hot blower "steams" them off

Here's the deal though...If I had a blower HXer, I wouldn't do it
Cause I damn sure wouldn't blow all the cruddy gunk water into any HX'er

..L.T.A.
That heat exchanger is already full of gunk from the blower exhaust. Its needs cleaning too. Just don't do it on nice concrete.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Image result for what is wd 40 made of
Myth: WD-40® Multi-Use Product is not really a lubricant. Fact: While the “W-D” in WD-40® stands for Water Displacement, WD-40® Multi-Use Product is a unique, special blend of lubricants. The product's formulation also contains anti-corrosion agents and ingredients for penetration, water displacement and soil removal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-060616_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20181124-060616_Google.jpg
    640.5 KB · Views: 212

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Look at who is also involved in the carpet cleaning industry.

This is screen shot from the WD 40 SDS section of their website

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181124-061235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181124-061235_Samsung Internet.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 224
Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom