Why Is This Guy Selling His Vortex?

F

FB7777

that looks like a pretty good deal for $75,000

maybe pops can co-sign for you?

Tony Dees

Looks like he bought all of the equipment, but doesn't have the work.

My Aero Tech has 12,000 miles and 520 hrs since May 5th 2007

I'll sell it for $300,000 any takers? I gotta make a profit. haha

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The V on www.jwcinc.com the one which they want 57 g's for looks like a good deal. I think I have about a year left before my mount/Boo-Boo Bus is paid off. I will either move my mount into a big truck for the V look or sell it. Then move into a a used V or Aerotech.

Golden Boy

steve g

Name
steve garrett
contrary to what some will tell you after cashing in your 401k doesn't mean customers will come flocking to them, look at the people who are successful running a vortex around here they would be successful running something else too. do you think most would admit they made a big mistake after they spend twice the normal amount for equipment?? hell no, they gotta justify it if for noone else themselves.

PS that JWC vortex looks clean and a good deal

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The guy owns A to Zebra Carpet cleaning in AZ. He just bought a new Vortex a few months ago. The new one gets way hotter and makes less noise. After getting his new Vortex he wants to sell his old one to buy one more new one. The truck is in great shape, well taken care of. The AT built leaky tank was just replaced.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
The one at JWC has 24000 miles with 1780 hours on it. The Vortex on the V website has 25,000 miles with 380 hours on it. The Zebra guy must use his V for going back and forth to his part time job.

Golden Boy

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It's funny to me to how the V shills have said for years how great wonderful, trouble free, yada, yada, yada..

You really have to look far and wide to hear any candid and honest comments.
Most V owners say very little about problems.
Jim Martin was the only V owner that talked openly and honestly about the many warts on a V.

Now we have the latest Vortex "de jour" from BL.
It seems even they have re-engineered it a couple times.

an outfit that would dump a fairly new V in great shape for a newest one doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the V, does it??

Wal-DOH, you're mechanically inept, you'd be nutz to buy a large complicated unit like a V/AT

..L.T.A.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
"Wal-DOH, you're mechanically inept, you'd be nutz to buy a large complicated unit like a V/AT " -Uncle Larry

I know. Thats whats scares me about the V/Aerotech being too complicated. Just like on Thursday I had to call Matt King because my PSI was bouncing up and down. First thing his asked was did I have chemical in my jug. LOL. I said yes then it clicked some times my chem jug tube slips out and it did. He knows who he is dealing with when I call. LOL.

Golden Boy

rhyde

Name
rhyde
My blue line tank has never leaked ...i don't know of any that have?

when i was at connections checking out the new Vortex Blueline made me a fairly attractive offer for me to trade-in my less than a year old Hat for a new one....I'm happy with what i have.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
meAt said:
It's funny to me to how the V shills have said for years how great wonderful, trouble free, yada, yada, yada..

You really have to look far and wide to hear any candid and honest comments.
Most V owners say very little about problems.

So..I'm a blueline shill? I can't speak for anyone else I've had no problems other than fuel, grease & oil...... can we blame blueline for that too ?

Any of you that think this is a complex machine probably shouldn't operate the toaster in your kitchen.

Mikey P

Administrator
Jim Martin was the only V owner that talked openly and honestly about the many warts on a V

I resent that comment.

I have always posted about each and every issue I have had with my V.

In fact, today I will be replacing the Cat pump. It's leaking water from the head and oil from where the clutch mounts. 2700 or so hours, lots of high pressure work and due to some bad advice 2000 or so of those hours it was abused by not having a pulsation dampener on it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The guy is a friend of mine here in Tucson................

He did just buy another brand new one and has the other one for sale.......

I have worked with him and I have knowledge of him and his equipment and it is in top notch shape...............very well taken care of....

There is a lot behind why he has this one for sale but but it has nothing to do with money or the equipment itself.......

very good deal for what he is offering..............

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
rhyde said:
Any of you that think this is a complex machine probably shouldn't operate the toaster in your kitchen.

Randy, i respect you and always read your posts.
But to suggest the V/AT isn't a complicated TM compared to most other TMs is just plain silly.

I will give you some credit, vEEgs.
You did tell us you had 4 days down time total in the first 1600 hours on your V.
The last time i ASKED

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
But to suggest the V/AT isn't a complicated TM compared to most other TMs is just plain silly.

I don't normally disagree with you .but Randy is correct..............

the V is about one of the easiest machines to work on and service...........

very easy to over think.............

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have an 07 hat with 950 hrs and 30,000 miles on it and its a great machine, but its for sale! It is everything they said it was and it makes me more dollars per hour than a conventional tm. However my truckmount a.d.h.d. is kicking in. I never keep a truck for more than a year or two. I get bored with them. Getting a new truck makes me excited about cleaning again.
Kevin.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
meAt said:

That's your fist mistake.

Honesty what is so complex ?

maintenance is easy and engine maintenance is so much easier on a tilt forward than a ford van is not funny

Scott

kevin mccreary said:
I have an 07 hat with 950 hrs and 30,000 miles on it and its a great machine, but its for sale! It is everything they said it was and it makes me more dollars per hour than a conventional tm. However my truckmount a.d.h.d. is kicking in. I never keep a truck for more than a year or two. I get bored with them. Getting a new truck makes me excited about cleaning again.
Kevin.

You're from Lansing, huh? You know Lenny @ Len's Carpet? He runs diesel extended vans w/Butlers.

So what truck are you getting next Kevin?

Scott

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I don't normally disagree with you .but Randy is correct..............

the V is about one of the easiest machines to work on and service...........

very easy to over think.............

As I look at mine, I feel it is simpler then a slide in. I am getting ready to change the oil on mine. No different then any other van and Blueline went over everything with me until they felt satisfied I could handle it. Adam and Chuck know their business

most problems tend to be operator error and the local distributor says that they don't see them in the shop

BlueLine was very upfront and honest with me about problems some of the older units have and showed my the corrections that were made, I kind of feel they should back track and fix some of those problems

This is one reason I didn't buy a used one. The biggest problem I hear about other machines is the welds on the vac hose reel break and the fresh water tanks are not the best

the statement, "the machine can make a good cleaner into an excellent cleaner" is 100% correct

the statement, "you can clean just as well with a portable, it just takes longer" is stupid and if you really believe that then you have some serious penis envy

012 flow with 250 water is everything people say it is and with the ability to get it dry with 2 wands running at 250' each is incredible

we cleaned one of our 2x per year accounts today, fooking incredible the crap that came out of the carpet and how clean it looked even though I have done everything, in the past, that you can think of to get it cleaner

O2 juice with the booster added, soft water rinse

I insulated and carpeted my box, my machine puts out no more noise then any other TM and sounds a hell of a lot better then some lawn mower engine but if you own an older unit I would do this as well as put the rubber mat on the floor

the last thing I would say that if you think your customers don't care, some may not but quite a few of them do

I dropped it off today to put the vinyl on it

New, Proud, Vortex owner

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
kevin mccreary said:
Kevin.

damn dude, do an upgrade or 12..

that will fix the a.d.h.d for a while....

cheaper to

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
AdamHale said:
The AT built leaky tank was just replaced.

Spoken like a true salesman............

But.in all fairness.........when AT built all the tanks ...weather is was bad welder,,,,poor design or a combination of both...........Someone should of stood behind them when it was apparent that there was a rash of leaky tanks.......and who was responsible for this ????????

I have had a few people call and talk to me that have said it was taken care of........But I have a bigger list of people that have called and told me it was not...............and then the few just never reported it....

Also AT made drastic changes by going round which controls the water movement much better and hold the tank heat hotter and longer...........

It is also my understanding that Blue line has stepped back and made huge improvements on there tanks also........

So fresh tanks are not really a issue any more...........

and personally.who cares that the AT can heat up 2 min faster then the Vortex...both can produce more heat then you will ever need.....

so I guess the next big race is going to be who comes up with a true duel wand machine that can regulate 2 different water pressures.......

SS fittings on all the ends of the hose and the eagle reels with the SS shafts
and get rid of all the galvanized type fittings...... so they stop sending flakes that break off to the cat pump seals....... (just to name a few)

Mikey P

Administrator
I think meAt has flash backs when he gets around a Vortex.

All those shiny lights, the glare off the Stainless and the pretty hose colors must bring him back to his days spent talking to his his belly button in the porto potty at the Dead concert.

Working on a V is like wrenching on a 57' Chevy pick em up truck compared to a 08' Lexus.

Everything is out in the open with plenty of knuckle room.

If you can follow the path the water and oil makes you can trouble shoot just about anything.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
I think meAt has flash backs when he gets around a Vortex.

quote]

vEEgs, we're talking about Wal-DOH, not a guy who knows his way around a TM system
He sees his Rich-o-matic as complicated.
His TM is little more than a motor, blower, pump and mega propane burner.

Honestly tell me, which had more "things" on it, your V or your Butler?
Which one was easier to trouble shoot?

...L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
With the V you don't have to take off that stupid plastic shroud every time you want to lube or tighten something.

The Butler's Cold exchangers is no maintenance though.

V tanks dont need weekly flushing.

Other then that it's about the same.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Mikey P said:
Jim Martin was the only V owner that talked openly and honestly about the many warts on a V

I resent that comment.

I have always posted about each and every issue I have had with my V.

In fact, today I will be replacing the Cat pump. It's leaking water from the head and oil from where the clutch mounts. 2700 or so hours, lots of high pressure work and due to some bad advice 2000 or so of those hours it was abused by not having a pulsation dampener on it.

good god, you would have thought after spending 90k your unit would have come with a pulsation dampener, I bet a dollar to a donut shawn will not step up and make it right by offering to cover part of the replacement, just like you where about to get hosed on the HX while the AT people where getting parts with no questions asked, a stink had to be raised, and even you mikey p after all you had done for vortex has to whine to get a new part after being promised that having the first FMI unit you would be taken care of,

one day after all is said and done and history is written it will show the only true honest and stick to it people are from aerotech, mikey you came close at one time but drank another batch of shawns cool-aid :lol:

funny we talk about tanks and them leaking, blue line had a rash of just such a thing on their early slide ins, as far as I know they made it right, but it still happened, nonone is immune to a mistake or two, its just what you do about it that matters

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom