Why should we have to make the upgrades on our machines?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I've been working on my Genesis since I bought it in Late December installing it and upgrading it to keep it operating all the time. So, if the manufacturers know of the downfalls, especially if they make them to fit in a standard van, why don't they make the upgrades to keep these machines running instead of dealing with customers with overheating issues. I replaced my diverter valve , to combat the shutdowns, but I think the real fix was a radiator fan mounted to the back of the machine which cost me 20.00. So why not spend the few dollars?

FastEddie

It's all about saving a buck. I spent years on my PC Liquifouler, upgrading, retro-fitting and removing inferior parts to keep it from breaking down constantly. I finally transformed it into a winner.

RichardnTn

Doug, Engineers build truckmounts and use them little if any. Thei ndependentss who build truckmounts, seemingly, build a better more functional unit. Things work on paper but in real life adjustments have to be made....People who clean for years and then start building machines, build simple, straightforward, easy to access components, and readily available parts. Also, liability plays a role ... you have to have built-in systems to check any problem that might come up...that cost money and it complicates... My last TM cost $11K and I am happy with it but before I spend 20K+ on a machine, it would do all I want without the tinkering..... As far as machines are concerned, when I get ready to buy again, I will look at Cobb's and Duane's HX machines.... Very simple, no clutter, functional....Sorry to ramble, Richard R

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
The radiator fan surely has to be cheaper than the labor it costs a company to troubleshoot heat issues. I'm finding my Genesis 59 to finally be a winner. Hasn't shut down since the fan install. Bout damn time. Now I can finally think about unloading the old van and TM.

dallasdj

These manufactures know your payment can be made in a half days worth of work hence the larger than you need equipment that appeals to the blowhards that comprise this industry.

FastEddie

I agree, my radiator fan has helped tremendously when I installed it years ago. I think all TM's can benefit from it and should have them.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
he said it just right "engineers" ha what a joke...they need to have a class added to their 4 or 6 yr degree in "KISS" before they can graduate...

and my lastest problem has to do with a damned hole in the exahust...causing me to clog up air filters after every 6 jobs...

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I myself have a EZ3047 and it is probably the least complicated machine and I still have modified it. Mostly in plumbing for vacuum. It is simple. I took apart a spitfire 4.0 for nick and could'nt believe the wiring what a mess. Less is more.

Mister Sir 8)

Name
steve snail
Any photos of the retrofit fan to keep the tm cool. I have always just plugged in a turbo in real hot weather to keep it cool. Kind of a pain.

Many manufacturers want you to upgrade to another unit. If you modify yours or they promote upgrades no one would step up and buy there bigger units. I for one feel they all lag behind and do our industry an injustice. Especially ones who if you complain about poor quality and engineering drop you and also get their disty to do the same. All in all do your homework before buying equipment by contacting all aspects of a company along with referrals in my opinion.
Rob.

PS:I for one have always had good service from Powerclean and found them to be of great help when in need!

Matt King

Doug, ya make me feel bad... For those that didn't know it was my old Genesis he bought. It had shut down one me once on a hot day so I took the covers off. I was told that's what some others did to keep their motor from getting too hot and shutting down. However, you shouldn't have to. I suppose that's the whole point. I know on their Victory there is a fan to keep things cooler and maybe they could/should adapt this to the Genesis as well? It would be the most cost effective route. The other option would be a larger radiator or using lower pressure coils for the coolant exchanger to pull more heat from the engine coolant as the cold water flows over them. You'd lose high pressure capabilities though.. If the fan did the trick for your machine it surely would do the trick for the rest. Not just for PowerClean but the other slide in TM's as well. I'm glad to hear all is well though! Keep me updated..

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Re: Why should we have to make the upgrades on our machines

Doug Cox said:
I've been working on my Genesis since I bought it in Late December installing it and upgrading it to keep it operating all the time. So, if the manufacturers know of the downfalls, especially if they make them to fit in a standard van, why don't they make the upgrades to keep these machines running instead of dealing with customers with overheating issues. I replaced my diverter valve , to combat the shutdowns, but I think the real fix was a radiator fan mounted to the back of the machine which cost me 20.00. So why not spend the few dollars?

i hear ya...i keep having to fill my vortex up with diesel I'm anxiously waiting for the blue line fix for this other than that not one problem.
At least you didn't buy a big truck look at all the time & money you saved...LOL

R

R W

Hey, Doug......I just did the same thing to my Genesis. On these hot, humid days, it's a real bitch keeping that Genny from overheating. One thing is to keep the wand moving, so that the coolant heaters don't get too hot. I was ready to cut open the side of the van, and put a door of some type there. Next time you need to replace the diverter valve, call or e-mail me. I found an aftermarket valve that will never break. I seem to go through at least one diverter flap every year. I usually keep one on hand.

As for flood water extracting with the Genesis, forget these hot days without running the pump and draining solution to keep the coolant exchangers from overheating. Plus, you need water pressure to run the drain pump....to prime it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom