Why we Use a CRB

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
IMG_0062.JPG

Yep, like the Premium Hog, I vacuum every time.

This family has an old sweet dog with short hair. So when I scrubbed the carpet with the Duplex, up came these fist sized clots of hair. They wouldn't go up the wand so I cuffed 'em up and then extracted.

Hair is barbed and doesn't necessarily back up out of the carpet when vacuumed, right? The home owner had the most wonderful mixture of disgust and delight on her face, hahahaha!

Unlike the Premium Hog, the top of my head is smooth and has no central bony ridge. I know some of you have wondered...

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I get that also A LOT! using my crb. often though, it is not pet hair. It is a staple fiber yarn. the huge balls of gunk are actually the fibers. (not that I do not also get the ones with pet hair)
Even in older carpet that has been vacuumed.
I wonder if that doesn't contribute to the matting of these types of carpets. The individual yarns have a greater tendency to wrap around each other and matt down, and be difficult to bring back up.
As I understand it manufacurers have moved away from the staple fiber yarn. But used it a lot in polyesters because it is much cheaper to make, and when new seems nicer, fluffier. But wears terribly.
:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

coastie , may this aply to your other recent post as well?? Smartstrand?

Reactions: Old Coastie
Name
Jeff T
View attachment 70869
Yep, like the Premium Hog, I vacuum every time.

This family has an old sweet dog with short hair. So when I scrubbed the carpet with the Duplex, up came these fist sized clots of hair. They wouldn't go up the wand so I cuffed 'em up and then extracted.

Hair is barbed and doesn't necessarily back up out of the carpet when vacuumed, right? The home owner had the most wonderful mixture of disgust and delight on her face, hahahaha!

Unlike the Premium Hog, the top of my head is smooth and has no central bony ridge. I know some of you have wondered...
some cleaners try to hide the 'carpet boogies' from their customers. Not me, i want Mrs. Smith to see what i am pulling out of her carpet. Helps to increase perceived value....... Her POS Dyson isn't cutting the mustard....

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah with a portable you have to do everything you can to clean it like vacuum and crb it. The extraction by portable is like shampooing /encap just moving the dirt around.

Reactions: Mikey P and hogjowl

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I get that also A LOT! using my crb. often though, it is not pet hair. It is a staple fiber yarn. the huge balls of gunk are actually the fibers. (not that I do not also get the ones with pet hair)
Even in older carpet that has been vacuumed.
I wonder if that doesn't contribute to the matting of these types of carpets. The individual yarns have a greater tendency to wrap around each other and matt down, and be difficult to bring back up.
As I understand it manufacurers have moved away from the staple fiber yarn. But used it a lot in polyesters because it is much cheaper to make, and when new seems nicer, fluffier. But wears terribly.
:icon_question::icon_question::icon_question::icon_question:

coastie , may this aply to your other recent post as well?? Smartstrand?

Rick, make sure that your brushes are not too stiff for carpet. The ones I use are relatively soft. I also have a set for hard surfaces, but the bristles are thicker and more rigid. Those brushes will tear fiber out of carpet by the handful.

I know what you mean, but in this case the lumps are hair and that grainy stuff that flips up. Make sure to flip your brushes end for end so they don't take a set.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
some cleaners try to hide the 'carpet boogies' from their customers. Not me, i want Mrs. Smith to see what i am pulling out of her carpet. Helps to increase perceived value....... Her POS Dyson isn't cutting the mustard....
You could explain till you're blue in the face but I'm going to think you're ruining my carpet and just making excuses.

Its just too shocking to see bundles of carpet fiber laying there. I'd be wondering how many times can I clean it before she's rubbed down to bald. :eekk:

I'd use the renovater trays.

steve_64

You could explain till you're blue in the face but I'm going to think you're ruining my carpet and just making excuses.

Its just too shocking to see bundles of carpet fiber laying there. I'd be wondering how many times can I clean it before she's rubbed down to bald. :eekk:

I'd use the renovater trays.
You pick up a chunk of it and show the customer all the dirt and grit and sand that's all balled up with it and explain this is what your vacuum doesn't get out. Then they KNOW you are the man to call when they want their carpet cleaner than anyone else can get it (true or not)

Then when they see your wand pulling the carpet off the tack strip and the steam billowing out from it there is no doubt who to call and to tell their friends to call.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I understand. I just wouldn't want to be there for the first removal. I wonder if it were explained in detail on a rack card if that would help in the explanation. ???

If it were my wife, she would go ballistic and would take my explanation as an excuse. Then she would call the office to complain. She's rough! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Vacuuming removes more dry soil and a lot of hair, crbing digs a lot more hair out the vacuum might get if your Ron Werner.

I like using the cans or renovators but sometimes you just bust a move.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's funny with all these different devices it seems like we're running around d in circles. I used to use power brushes all the time but stopped because they were slow. When you factor in the time to crb the carpets then clean them, it makes those old power brushes look more viable. I used to dig out so much hair, dirt and fiber that I would have to stop and vacuum the brush. Just using a cheap portable, I took a lot of work away from spray and suck TM guys. Maybe it's time to reinvent the power brush. All metal construction, dual brushes, dual spray bars, dual vacuum slots with glides. Kind of like a Zipper with brushes.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It all depends on what you're selling. Premium they get the extras, n/c.

Budget you need to do your best but you can't be fookin around with multiple tools and processes or it could cost you profits.

Do what makes sense for the job but if you're not making a profit then whats the point?

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
It's funny with all these different devices it seems like we're running around d in circles. I used to use power brushes all the time but stopped because they were slow. When you factor in the time to crb the carpets then clean them, it makes those old power brushes look more viable. I used to dig out so much hair, dirt and fiber that I would have to stop and vacuum the brush. Just using a cheap portable, I took a lot of work away from spray and suck TM guys. Maybe it's time to reinvent the power brush. All metal construction, dual brushes, dual spray bars, dual vacuum slots with glides. Kind of like a Zipper with brushes.

I see a problem with this...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom