Will this in-tank FUEL PUMP work w/ A15 Nissan?

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I'm planning to install this fuel cell with in-tank pump & sending unit onto my sprinter van. It's for a fuel injected ThermalWave.

I have no idea what vehicle this tank came from.

Do you think it will be ok to use this fuel pump? Or, is it a bad idea?

IMG_0213_zps09522536.jpg

I already ordered the gas cap. the tank will be installed behind the rear axles and the fill neck will be on the driver side rear quarter panel. Haven't decided where to put the fuel gauge yet.
84000000-8_852397.jpg

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
If that is a marine cap - you will likely end up with a vapor lock issue. Can't have a totally sealed system, air has to be introduced back into the tank as the fuel is removed.

If you use an in tank, any time it goes, you have to drop the tank to get to it (unless you have a top access panel through the van floor or the like).

Also - unless it matches the psi your TM needs, I wouldn't use it, unless you have a regulator installed as well.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Adding a second tank under is something I haven't yet done - maybe there is a way to get air flow back into the tank via check valve of some sort.

You might try cross reff'ing to a fuel pump you can pick-up at autozone or the like, usually a few bucks cheaper, and on the shelf when you need one on short notice.

I have a filler tube tap kit, been sitting. was like 250-$300, $75 + shipping and it's yours. PM me if you are interested, will send measurements to see if you can make it work.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I use a 12 gallon aluminum fuel cell I have had a while, it's rectangle, that being mounted on my sprinter
My fuel injection ages has a return bypass that has to go back to the tank

I would say bring 2 gallon extra tank with you just in case

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom