winning estimates in competition

Name
Jason
Hey guys. Hope you killed it today.

I have a situation where I gave an estimate on some Terrazzo restoration, and now the owner is shopping around and another local company is calling me about doing it for their company--to go in there and give an estimate for the other company to try to get the job. They don't know I've been there before.

What does the savvy guy do? Charge him the same as you would charge the client? What percentage do you leave him for him making the sale? Do you have to explain how you're going to do it exactly--perhaps thereby teaching them how to cut me out of the deal--you know he's going to ask, What all you gonna do exactly?

This company claims to be getting other estimates for them too.

~ JASON --back from Mikeys Fest. I went to Death Valley California after Vegas and it was too sweet in there to ever leave.

Great to see Mike, Davis, Adam, Matt, Jim, Josh, Lance, Fred, Scott, Ron, Shawn and all the other studs who made that event strong. the ladies in attendance were pretty fine too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Honesty is the best policy....
You already bid on the job once, if they want to call you afterwards and sub it to you that is fine.

Dont be a douche and try rig it, IMO

Reactions: Jason del Norte
Name
Jason
I'm the only guy in the area advertising Terrazzo Polishing. Mr. Commercial Cleaner is trying to win the job for his company and have me do it--if the price is right. Mr. Building Owner already had me in for an estimate last summer, and has called Mr. CC in order to get more bids. I think Mr. Business Owner may be willing to drop big money on it in order to have the original floor in an old building. It needs hardener. Do it the real way with me for 6000$, or tell him to do it the hack way probably himself, covering it with coats of wax.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom