Winter slow down...

Becker

Name
Becker
It is coming, I admit the winter slow down is not as long in this area vs others.

Mine is more or less Jan and Feb, last year I set record sales in those months, in fact they matched those of my June July averages.

So, do you have a plan for the winter, besides resting up and getting over looked projects done?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
At times, hibernation seems like a great idea.

Long sleep.
Good food (soups and stews come to mind.)

And......... my personal favorite- turn off the phone.

Unfortunately, with the mild winter here, it somewhat slows down but not a whole lot.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Last year was great due to the weather. This year I am blessed with some commercial work for the winter months.
Feels good not to have to worry!

Able 1

Name
Keith
I always look forward to the slow down, but then after a week or two I'm ready to get back at it. This year I'll have surgery on my hip(same thing Alex Rodriguez had) , so I will be recovering from that. Big goal for this winter is to find at least another good employee maybe two. Next year should be a big step for me if all goes well..

Chris A

Name
Chris
If its mild, we'll stay relatively busy. If it's cold, we'll be helping on pipe breaks and fire jobs. Either way we stay fairly busy (usually 4 day work weeks and nice long weekends. Plus Punta Cana for 7 days at the end of January...

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
This will be the first time I've carried two employees through winter. We're a smidge nervous. By the same token, I should get more work done personally than I've ever had the chance to - definitely looking forward to that.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Very busy right now but we know it never lasts. Hope to at least make it to January at this pace and then just cross our fingers through winter.

Last year was so mild it killed us, too mild for restoration and too cold for carpet cleaning. It sucked for work wise but was sure nice to live through. I hate ice and snow. :(

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
This will be our first winter. Hose reels are to be delivered later this week, and were almost done designing the stickers for the van.
Everything seems to be going as planned, so....

Chris

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
We had a good winter thanks to the mild weather. Hopefully Al Gore is right and we will keep having warm winter.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I do a little bit of janitorial plus strip and wax alot of floors in the winter. I have gotten to the point where I almost look foward to winter

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Not to take a shot at you or anything like that but do you think someone will buy the franchises? What will motivate them to buy from you vs one of the big names?

The fact that you can only buy one big name per city. Kinda like saying why would anyone buy a Zaxbys when they could buy a KFC.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom