Winterizing your truckmount video series

Name
Reuben Hawkins
IT'S WINTER AND IT'S GETTING COLD!! ❄❄ I hope many of you are planning to take a few days off over the Christmas period - here's how to properly winterize your carpet cleaning equipment if so. Been seeing a lot of horror stories of damaged units during this time of the year and there wasn't much in the way of comprehensive how-to videos online, so thought I'd make some.

Part 1 on winterizing your truckmount unit -->

Part 2 on winterizing your chemical metering system --> https://youtu.be/JsbYiN-Pddo

I'll be adding another video on winterizing your cleaning tools and hoses today on my YouTube channel and then how to de-winterize all elements of the unit as the week goes on.

Subscribe to YouTube channel here --> youtube.com/channel/UCkr4oM8zBwjsflmqDVo-VRA

Name
Steve Lawrence
How to winterize: Put non-freezable stuff in your lines, components and tools.

Well, I finally watched the video. Good job, Reuben! I think many of us have had the heartbreak of frozen equipment damage due to a heater going off or whatever. I know I have. This is good info on how to antifreeze this particular model but if you have a Butler or other brands, you may not have the circuit system to blend your antifreeze thru the system. Look elsewhere if you want specific information on that stuff. But basically, you just want to put anti-freeze in all your lines, components and tools. If not using equipment for a while you may consider putting blankets over your main components and lines, too. And for goodness sake, take your wands and any other portable freezable stuff indoors.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reuben Hawkins
Name
Reuben Hawkins
I just plug in a heater

I hope I don't eat my words :)
No, not at all so long as you can be sure that the heater won't fall over in the night or, like a read someone did yesterday, you forget to close the van door. Keeping everything in heated storage is definitely the better option - having to winterize like in these videos if you are cleaning everyday is not ideal to say the least!

Name
Reuben Hawkins
Here's the first of 3 on how to de-winterize your unit. Don't worry - I'm on vacation now until mid-Jan so I won't keep pinging your notifications 😁😁 Have a great Christmas all!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom