Winterizing

I just read the latest cleanfax. In it they talked about protecting the heat exchanger. I guess I really only thought it was to protect the water pump. It was a good article. I have never used the winterizing by windshied washer fluid thru the system. My question to those who do this. How would you protect the lines from the fresh water tank leading to the water pump? Or do you empty the fresh water tank all winter, and not use on board water. It would seem no fluid would be at that location. I use two ceramic heaters during the winter. But it is taking a chance if the power goes out. Thank You, Ron

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I use a heater too. When its going to be really cold I will empty my freshwater tank and run the pump with the hose that feeds the machine opened so any last amount of water gets forced out by the pump. I then will bring my solution lines and tools in the house, and even run antifreeze through the machine. I'm not looking forward to doing all this. Must be nice to have a heated garage.

dave105 said:
I use a heater too. When its going to be really cold I will empty my freshwater tank and run the pump with the hose that feeds the machine opened so any last amount of water gets forced out by the pump./// Dave, Is that not hard on the water pump running it dry for a short while? just wondering?. Thanks for answering my question. Ron

R

R W

As I've said in prevoius years posts on this subject, (it comes up every year), if your CC business is your main source of income, you CAN'T afford a freeze-up. I've rented a 3 bay garage for nearly 20 years. I keep the Reznor heater at about 40-45*. The entire van is warm when I get it out in the morning. All the salt and snow is melted off. It's also my office (for tax reasons), so $250 a month is justified.Even if the furnace went out at 10*, the residual heat would keep the place warm till next morning.

Build a garage on your proerty, or rent/share a garage with others.

davep105

Name
Dave Pires
I just run the demand pump for the fresh water tank dry, my mechanic says its ok?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom