Wish CRBs had a reverse button

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Has anyone Knocked-Off- Ur I mean-- improved the design to includensure a reverse button on this thing?
The rug got stuck in my brushPro and had to take it apart to free the rug.
20170208_182559.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
So what exactly does "take it apart" mean?

Knock the pins out to release the brushes?

No big deal....I do that multiple times a day. (to clean, not to free eaten up rugs)

Reactions: Pioneer Floorcare

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You know how that would work John. You'd hit the reverse and she'd spit the rug out.

But since the brushes spin so fast, you'd rewrap it in the other direction before you could switch it off.

Amusing at first, but annoying when you'd have to disassemble for removal.
:icon_neutral:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
After I took off the top and side cover which may not have been necessary; I cut the strings that were wrapped around the brush and was then able to push the side pins in far enough to "Unlock" the brushes, which enabled me to spin the brushes freely

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Is that rug really thin or did you get to close to the edge and go over and it sucked up? Thin thing rugs are almost impossible to clean with CRBs unless you have 2 people.

Ron K

Use a brush on a pole to hand wash rugs or if you really have to, use a 175 with the proper brush. Any mechanized device with certain rugs can have damaging effects. Get the dry out first, thats the hard part, washing is easy.
Also, if you use a pile lifter, the same situation can happen so use care.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Is that rug really thin or did you get to close to the edge and go over and it sucked up? Thin thing rugs are almost impossible to clean with CRBs unless you have 2 people.

True that!-- I knew that before this rug got stuck-- but had no problem with 2 similar rugs minutes b4 this rug got stuck--I just let my guard down and forgot to be careful.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just sold a bunch of those. They work well but are slow. What I would like to see on a Zipper is the same type of swing brush that the old Rug Doctor machines used to have incorporating the spray jets in the brush bar. Every time it swings, it would spray and brush from different angles. With 2 vacuum ports, it would be awesome. The only problem I see with this is getting the balance right. When the brush comes down to its maximum reach, it may push up the vacuum lips and you may not get a proper extraction. Maybe the brush could be spring loaded. The reason that the old tools were slow was that they only went in one direction. Having the ability to scrub in both directions would speed it up considerably. Erik, you can just send me the check in the mail.

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
That's exactly what I'm talking about! The price is reasonable too!
Tried one a few years back. Boss at the time wanted this because it was cheaper than a rotovac and thought it was basically the same thing.
It didn't work nearly as well as I thought it would.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I had one decades ago.. and it only works in one direction-- walking backwards..
But the price is cheap..

steve_64

Just get a battery sprayer and the crb. You prespray and scrub all you want and the van never runs till it's time to extract. And then it's just rinsing with a wand.

It takes a little longer by myself,not so much with help. But i get much better results and it's easier in my body.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I finally tossed the EDIC one we had from the 1990's... I tried to modify it with the use of a glide, but the brush wouldn't touch after..
I still have a 15 inch Clean Care model which works great with a portable and a 20 truck mount Steam Valet. I have a valve issue with the Steam Valet, I'll have to take it apart and see what's what.
The steam Valet uses up a 14 flow. With the right tm, it chews through dirty carpets and leaves them pretty dry.

Name
Nate W.
I was trying to modify the head to accept a 2" hose... The thing got tossed for it being 1.5"... Ain't nobody got time for that....

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
:eekk: really!?? Did I just get Lucky while doing a stupid thing? :eekk::dejection:

Is it really unsafe to use the brush pro in this manner?:headscratch:

The Brush Pro is approved for use in standing water up to 2". I don't know of any other CRBs that are approved to be used in water.

Using anything lectrical in wet environment be sure you have a working GCFI!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom