With the state of economy - spend $ or no?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
with the way things are in the economy, will YOU be spending on any end-of year business purchases or no?

is an economic "depression" likely?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
No major purchases planed, the next 18 months don't look good. With my portfolio & real estate holdings down 40%-50% it only makes sense to be tight with your cash, of course keeping an eye out for super bargains or buying from somebody who is "throwing in the towel" is something we have always done during tough times.

Only the strong survive!

TimP

I'm holding on to my cash for sure too. I would love to buy a few things.....but uncertainty is in my mind.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
glad i'm not the only one Larry :shock: just ordered an Orbot.

here's to not having to sell it cheap in 6 months :mrgreen:

i'm off to drop $500 on pads... :roll:

Gary T

Like mentioned, there are deals to be had right now. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that barely used stone equipment for about half off or more of retail.

diamond brian

Buy unregistered firearms, seriously. If Obama gets in, our 2nd Amendment rights as well as other constitutional rights are in real jeopardy.

TimP

Speaking of deals on truckmountdeals.com there is a 2002 vortex for just over 40 grand and accepting offers. Sounds like a decent deal.

RandyHilburn

When business is good, we buy new equipment and stock basic chemicals. The first half of this year was excellent. How the year will end, who knows? Has been significantly slower in the last few weeks.

Becker

Name
Becker
Ive been spending a little, but being careful.

Good sales, and good deal to be had.
I've bought a few toys in the past few months.

Business wise, I have no plans to buy much of anything, as my work load is about to drop way way down.
Spending to keep the equipment on the road.
No new equipment.

Name
I'm Rick James
Mikey P said:
Have you tried that wine?

I bought a bottle earlier this year, because we are big fans of the owner. Took almost 2 weeks to get. But it was worth it. I give it a solid 8. I use to live in Napa. My moms ex husband has a vinyard there. Got into wine there.

Mike Draper

diamond brian said:
Buy unregistered firearms, seriously. If Obama gets in, our 2nd Amendment rights as well as other constitutional rights are in real jeopardy.

Did I mention I just spent 3 grand on new, slighlty used firearms. Just need a nice Ar-15 to complete my collection, I like to find An H&K used.

Walt

I've been spending on any needed repairs and new gear. I'd rather the expenses show up on a good year. Hard to say what next year is to bring.

I've also socked away a few bucks.

Forget the guns and make a still. I'd rather have a party than a fight any day.

Mike Draper

Walt said:
I've been spending on any needed repairs and new gear. I'd rather the expenses show up on a good year. Hard to say what next year is to bring.

I've also socked away a few bucks.

Forget the guns and make a still. I'd rather have a party than a fight any day.

(911, what's your emregency), " there are 2 guys breaking in my front door" ( Don't worry sir, the police on on their way, just 8 minutes away is all) I say Good Luck throwin a party.

Mike Draper

to tell you the truth, I don't hunt, I've never shot an animal in my life, I just enjoy the sport of shooting. I might compete in an rifle match next summer.

Chris A

Name
Chris
just bought a new van and CDS, it might be back up for sale here in a few months, who knows? :shock:

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Mikeyxj8 said:
to tell you the truth, I don't hunt, I've never shot an animal in my life, I just enjoy the sport of shooting. I might compete in an rifle match next summer.

I dont hunt but that didnt stop me from shooting every animal out at the sportsmans club. I think this is why I got kicked out. :evil:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
c_adkins said:
just bought a new van and CDS, it might be back up for sale here in a few months, who knows? :shock:
i haven't spent that much Chris, but it was still a "big" investment for us...i hope we can keep our stuff to :!: :?

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Derek said:
c_adkins said:
i haven't spent that much Chris, but it was still a "big" investment for us...i hope we can keep our stuff to :!: :?

Ya didnt spend it on that house did ya? :lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the mobile home will be paid off in 10 more years thank you :!:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom