Wolverine Rug Dusting Machine!

Weebco

Name
Gary Wiebe
I just read about the all new Wolverine Rug Dusting Machine. I was wondering if this is better than Dusty's Machine?
Price seems good.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I am extremely disgusted with the individuals in our industry that take advantage of friendship, to steal information technology and ideas, to further benefit their own ideals much to the chagrine & detriment of their former friends.

It would be fitting in these circumstances, to see these individuals dusted down and badgered to whence they came.

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.

Respectfully,

Shorty. (C.O.F.)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
just like an employee running off and starting his own CC'ing company.?.

no-compete agreement.?.

competition...we all have to deal with it at some point.

thanx --- Derek.

G

Hey it happens shorty. I think everyone should be able to copy anything. Whoever can do it at the best price , works for me.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Tom Monohan has been building big bad rug cleaning equipment for a long time. Big units that wouldn't fit in most cleaner's largest shops, and some costing more than a Vortex. I'm glad he's making smaller stuff we can afford. I don't see much that was copied from the Badger other than its function. Certainly fewer similarities than between various TMs for example.

Competition is good when it raises the bar.

Thanks,
Lee

John Watson

Ok now ShortOne, Don't pop a gasket. Let ME!!!!

Are you talking about that thieving son of a bitch in Michigan???

Would his initials be Tom Monohanelprickosupremo????

The almost bankrupt Sob whom befriended Dusty, to become a distributor, to buy his machine wholesale just to copy it ??? (He didn't sell any) Poor Dusty got took royally. Instead of selling 6 rugbadgers to a client in India, He referred toms machine cause tom kept calling an said he was going bankrupt and ol'Dusty Ol friend helped you out. As a distributor you had privy to a lot of Dusty's inside stuff and you excelled at stealing that also.

So you changed the color, the switch and the Handle, added a roller to the front you still stole Dusty's RugBadger. Bet you try to sell it for less money too!!!

You are lower than a snake and I hope this venture turns out like your last one with HP.

Just so you board readers know, In my opinion, This asshole is 10 times your worst enemy compared to what Harris and Bristor did!!!!

Name
Lee Stockwell
All of that is news to me. I know Tom had a nice rug operation in Ann Arbor MI, but mainly big stuff.

Does Tom post here?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
yes tom posts here from time to time

the badger technology isn't new there's nothing to patent tom or anyone could buy one pull it apart and make their own. My understanding is with the design of the spin extractor tom got away with blue prints to make his own.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
The Rugbadger is actually an improvement on a machine Hild built decades ago, so no patents to infringe upon there. Dusty always knew he had to build machines and move aggressively to establish his product as the top of the line, so any competition would have to compete by making a cheaper version.

If Dusty has the best spin extractor on the market, and can sell them at a price point that makes a competitor sell a copy at a cheaper price, the competitor will have a tough time staying in business.

I'm not sure how much bad karma comes from stealing ideas and making copies though, as there are many people in this industry that are revered and honored for their contributions - and that stole everything from someone else.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Yes John, correct on all points.

To all you people that THINK that being able to buy a cheaper product, remember the age old proverb, which in this case I'm sure will be proven correct.

CAVEAT EMPTOR, Let the buyer beware....................

And remember this from John Ruskin:

There is nothing in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply.

Those who buy on price alone are this man’s lawful prey

It is bad to pay too much, but it is worse to pay too little.

When you pay too much, you lose a little money, that is all;

But when you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought is incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run.

And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.

You guys have a funny way with words over there

If I'm pissed, it means I'm drunk.

If you're pissed, it means you're cranky.

Man, I'm really PISSED OFF, which means I'm bloody cranky.

When inferior parts start to collapse, don't come crying to me.

Bloody dissappointed in you Thomas.

Shorty.

GRHeacock

I expect Steve (Dusty) went through many evolutions on his Rug Badger before letting it out to the public (us cleaners).

I also imagine it can be improved, too. As good as it is, like cars and many other things, there might be something that can improve it.

Those of us who like Steve, and want his success, can start to think of what might make his machine better. And I think he is open to suggestion.

Competition is the lifeblood of free enterprise.

That's fine with me, I will put my thinking cap on, and maybe come up with something- you all can do it too.

(This post was not suggested or discussed in any way by me with Steve)

Gary

John G

How long will the disgust last?

We have had this happen over and over for several years, people get ticked off then FORGET that it is a knockoff, then they forget one company had to do the R&D and had to pay for it while the knockoff company doesn't so they sell it cheaper.

Getting ticked at this stuff is appropriate, but soon forgetting kind of negates the reason for getting ticked off in the first place.

We used to post all user companies on the website, it was great, everyone could inform a customer that was moving of where to find a similar cleaner, competitors took that info and started marketing to them.

So if this really ticks you off, don't FORGET it.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Lee, what is your definition of a long time? I believe it has only been 2-3 years tops and most of what was built was old stuff rebuilt and/or reconditioned.

Ken

DavidVB

Clark Lancaster makes the Rug Badger. I was in communication with him a few years ago when he was developing his CRB machine. I asked him if the CRB machine could be converted to a rug duster. He told me that a guy from the Northwest had sent him drawings of an older rug duster (maybe the Hild?) for him to use to build a new one. Shortly thereafter I saw the RugBadger. it sounds to me like the Wolverine is a copy of a copy.

If there is no patent, shouldn't we expect someone to compete? It happens everyday in all industries. If I want to be loyal to all original developers of a product, I will need to make a lot of changes. For one, I guess I need to throw this PC away and get an Apple.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
There are two sides to every story. Dusty has done a good job of getting his version of the story out. It appears that includes a smear campaign. But one side is not the whole story.

Scott Warrington

rhyde

Name
rhyde
scottw said:
There are two sides to every story. Dusty has done a good job of getting his version of the story out. It appears that includes a smear campaign. But one side is not the whole story.

Scott Warrington

True enough scott, Tom has got to be reading this hopefully he will add his side ....my understanding is the real issue revolves around (pun intended) the centrifuge extractor. come on tom inquiring minds want to know.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
ODIN said:
Yep sounds like Bridge point is going to sell them?

T

Bridgepoint does not sell either the Wolverine or the Rug Badger.

With the increase in area rugs, I think many cleaners would benefit from either machine.

I suspect that someone at Bridgepoint either has or is looking at both machines, but that is not my area. So I don't know what Bridgepoint may sell in the future.

Scott Warrington

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Both are related to weasels, otters, fishers, martins, and minks.

I'm sure Craig Lindquist would find them all equally fun to hunt!

Let me know how they taste, Craig.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
from what I've seen/heard, there is a lot more to the badger than meets the eye.

As for knockoffs, they might look good from afar but be far from good.
(used this saying for women to :wink:)

Tom Monahan

Wow! You guys are passionate here!

Here are additional, and factual, clarifying points of interest for those interested.

Regrading Randy's question of accessibility to proprietary technology and confiscating of drawings of a centrifuge: Tom has not been privy to any of Dusty's machine drawings or technology. No spy story here. I knew what everyone was told about a big bearing from China. I heard that 13' and 16' models would be made. I even heard that Randy desired a 7' model. (Greg Turcotte has already conveyed his observation regarding the baseless assertion) Our designed and built centrifuge has a different and unique proprietary drive system. Ours is dual port, unlike any in the industry. Likely someone will mimic it in time. That is free enterprise.

Regrading the story about forfeiting a sale of 6 RugBadgers to India, in exchange to help poor me sell a big duster to assist me out of a jam: That has been an interesting story with great impact of emotion aroused. Firstly, I am grateful to Dusty for assisting me with the contact that eventually emerged in the sale of my big duster overseas. (Incidentally, the referral went to Greg also, but declined to proceed and spoke highly of ours. I did not know Greg at the time) Because of Dusty's help, I felt compelled to assist him for awhile in various ways as sort of a way to show my appreciation. I have no regrets, and I believe he reaped some sales from my efforts. However, I was puzzled that such emphasis was made that he forfeited making 6 sales overseas for me when I read his post. I called my initial contact for India. He is a rug dealer in the States. He personally bought a RugBadger for himself to be used here. There was no deal for India. My contact in India wanted a production machine, like our "Soil Separator". When I asked the rug dealer yesterday what he thought about such a forfeiture of 6 RugBadger deal for the "Soil Separator", he started laughing. He told me quote, "You have an expression in the mid-west about these things." I said what is that? He said, "Hog wash." I asked him to clarify. He said that there was never any intention for any amount of RugBadgers to go overseas. The company that makes rugs needed a production unit and selected ours. The rug dealer further asserted, that Dusty did not have contacts in India, we did. The rug dealer, who lives in the States, said he never met Dusty personally face to face. The RugBadger acquisition was handled by phone. I on the other hand, did meet with him and have also continue to have dealings with the India firm. This clarification definitely has created a new perspective even for me.

Regarding the Duster:I did own and operate a RugBadger. As I said many times before, it is a fine machine. Both Greg and I saw the need for a mini-duster years ago. The time came to make one with enhancements for the operator.

Regarding Ken Snow's question in reply to Lee's remark on the "big" stuff:
Both remarks are true. Ken was at my big plant before its demise. He knew what I built, and what I refurbish, and what I would build. The "Soil
Separator" duster in various versions can and will be built. Dry Towers have, and will be built, to custom specifications. These are "big" things to some people. I have not had machines built for years. (Only 3)

Concerning "foul" in marketing?: Can not please everybody. One thing for sure, if people talk about it, it likely will help raise the awareness of equipment needs and functionality. It also has made me aware of the need to acquire thick skin. I have come to realize, perception is reality, and people may want to believe a matter, not based on fact, but emotion.

The foregoing are just some relevant matters to this perpetuated drama.

Respectfully,

Tom

Greenie

When you signed in here, you agreed to the rules.

One of them is:

Liars, cheats, hucksters and sociopaths will be eliminated from the flock.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Greenie said:
When you signed in here, you agreed to the rules.

One of them is:

Liars, cheats, hucksters and sociopaths will be eliminated from the flock.
If you dug deep enough it wouldn't leave many participants.

roro

Studebaker

Name
Studebaker
As someone who has been knocked off...at least it wasn't done by a "friend".

Dusty, thank you for your contribution and enthusiasm for this industry.

Keith

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
You decide what it is......................

100_2017_rb_3989.jpg

Cheers,

Shorty.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom